Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Yeah, I have been pretty baffled by the use of "references" to refer to stuff reappearing from the first game as well. I really feel like if DS2 was not a thing people would not have taken as much notice because DS3 really just feels like a normal sequel with DS2 being the odd one out.

In terms of continuity I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

tc_hydro? The map that launched with the game, but that no one played after its first year?

cp_steel could be confusing, because it had a slightly different twist on the CP formula (you could capture the final point at any time, capturing prior points made it easier) and it required teamwork instead of shoving everyone into a single choke-point. I liked it very much, then again I also loved ctf-darji16 in the original Unreal Tournament which most people seemed to regard as a labyrinth.

It was hydro specifically.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

I am required by law to plug Megaten Marathon beginning SMT1 because I guested on these episodes.

I like Megaten Marathon a lot but kind of wish they had time to goof off more. It can get a little dry when they go on for too long only summarizing game play. But in general it's a great cast that I'm super excited finally reached games I have heard of.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Idle Thumbs gets canceled and uncanceled so much that the podcast is basically like Jean Grey at this point. Looking forward to a year in which they once again merge the feeds and go back to calling it Idle Thumbs just like they did with the "The Idle Thumbs Podcast."

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

The first few minutes of this episode are as good as podcasting gets. Its a good episode in general but holy poo poo does it open strong.