Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah Top Score is dead, but the same host now does a show called Level. It seems like it's the same thing, but I haven't listened yet. I'm on my phone right now, but I'll drop a link later in case anyone's interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

i am an options menu gamer personally can't get enough of them sliders thingajamas
and if there is a cool gamma adjustment screen HOOOBOY thats a gotyay contender
I'm a Character Creation Screen Gamer.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Also "grundle" is a great word so I'm all in favor of whatever it takes to get a grundle riff going.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

zapjackson posted:

VGHD listener Quine put this Metafilter post together about this weird Fruity Pebbles game that was at ZapCon and that we talked about a lot on the last episode.

http://www.metafilter.com/158886/The-Wesley-Willis-of-Video-Games
That Let's Play is beautiful, but not quite as beautiful as that one guy convinced he'd cracked the conspiracy in there.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I just watch his jimquisitions, they're generally really good. The last few were fantastic.

I've listened to a couple and they seem pretty good. I can't watch them because that whole outfit makes me cringe so hard I nearly invert.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean, whatever. It's a gimmick for him, so it doesn't bother me.

Oh yeah for sure, it's just a gimmick I personally can't stomach. The man himself has always come across as a smart, reasonable enough guy.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Kole, you should watch Iron Man 3 if you like the Marvel movies at all. It's easily one of the best films in the series, up with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man. It's almost good enough to not need the qualifier "for a superhero movie".

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Phone posted:

Iron Man 3 is a genuinely good movie. I'm not a fan of Shane Black seeing how I've only seen Iron Man 3 and The Nice Guys, but he's incredibly peculiar from what I've read.
I assume you're only talking about films he directed and not ones he just wrote, because if you somehow still haven't seen Lethal Weapon or Monster Squad you should get off these forums for a few hours and fix that oversight.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

loving Dennis Dyack, honestly.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

e: what the gently caress phone how is that screenshot so huge?

sub supau fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 9, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dyack isn't crazy, he's just an rear end in a top hat.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

To help clear the air of the stink of another Dyack meltdown, I give you Not Two Jeff Goldblums:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyEcjLFZ0Q8

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I kind of want to make a joke about The Bad Hashtag but frankly gently caress them, my jokes are too good for them.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Listening to Abject Suffering right now and wanted to note that I'm pretty sure the Buck Bumble theme is either grime or garage in terms of genre. But either way, yep, it's a suuuper British genre.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

This is why "fandoms" are poison.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bobservo posted:

Looks like Dyack is after me again. I'm tempted to have him Skype into the show just so I can play fart noises every time he tries to talk.

I'm immediately reminded of Antista's Twitter response to him last time: "This is what you're doing now? Ugh."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

i wish i could
You take that back immediately you animal.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

No com lp is only 40 mins.
Don't sign your posts?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

That's just your discovery queue which is basically useless.
Much like the front page of the Steam store.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I understand a challenge was implicitly made re: willingness to see further drawings of dragons on Monster in my Podcast.

Challenge Accepted

sub supau fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 1, 2016

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Is it fascism yet posted:

Imagine them talking about Super Mario and talking for an hour about how you press a to jump and then for an hour about the super mario bros movie. and they would'nt say anything about the levels exept that they got lost in them because there are so many tubes and doors. And that their favourite part was the toad minigames. That's this episode.

maybe take a walk and catch some pokemons ok guy?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's also worth remembering that hardcore gaming audiences will always, always find something to piss on about endlessly.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Woffle posted:

I'm really curious how much these changes actually hurt sales by alienating the hardcore audience anyway. I imagine the number of people who will actually abstain from buying their favorite game series just because the cover doesn't have tiddies on it anymore is pretty small. I think the stink people throw up is a subset of a subset.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jippa posted:

I've always thought this was weird "boycotting" individual products. What is the difference between that and just not buying it?
They're the same thing except in theory a boycott involves also making the reasons for not buying it a publicly known issue through media or political campaigns, or just, like, handing out flyers or something. You know, effort. When that applies to video games it usually just means crying on Reddit/4chan/Twitter/forums/mom's free time.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

I dig VGA but I confess without a good guest (your Kempses or Mackeys) I hop off after the top 5, because my taste in games does differ a bit from theirs and sometimes I just don't care.
The main thing that will make me struggle to stick with a VGA episode is Henry Gilbert, because he can't stop trying to grab the wheel of any podcast he's on and steer it off into who-gives-a-fucksville. Like I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in ordinary life, but dude needs to learn to sit back and let things go where they're going.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"I'm not entirely sure if the two of you deserve condemnation or an award of some kind" accurately describes a large portion of the Duckfeed content I consume.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

There are a couple nazi gaming casts, or maybe those are only on YouTube. That fat guy with a gross beard was getting mocked on Twitter for that like a week ago.
JonTron? (He asks only slightly ironically because JonTron is a loving massive piece of poo poo in almost every way that could be interpreted)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

FuriousGeorge posted:

The amount of weird sycophantry he seems to attract is bizarre. Is there a contingent of gamers who grew up thinking "I wanna be just like Biff Tannen's henchmen"?
Actually it's about ethics in games journalism.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jippa posted:

The totalbiscuit thing is basically the internet summed up in one person. He has or had bad opinions and talks quite blandly about video games but *good* people thought it was hilarious to mock him for having terminal cancer (which I think he survived, I don't follow closely). I'm sure I will get jumped on for this post but I remember that being a low point of this thread.
What was actually hilarious to mock him about was that loving Lord of the Rings length dissertation that included specifically pointing out he has "an IQ of 155" and totally original thoughts on religion or some such.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The podcast formerly known as Top Score - that one with the interviews with composers of game music - has, for about 50+ episodes now, become Level. I can't really say much about it because I stopped listening because I can barely keep up with the too many drat podcasts I'm already listening to, but here are the links: Main site Patreon.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ja2ke posted:

I'd hoped he would have been the third chair on that show when we were putting it together, but it didn't work out. Instead he hired Danielle and Rob, which is a good roundabout solution to getting that dynamic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

At least Blue Apron seems like it delivers something worthwhile. It's certainly no Loot Crate.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ramagamma posted:

People keep quoting that gamefaqs article. Firstly if you want to really laugh at a 15 year olds gamefaqs submissions just check out my contributon page and second its not even in the top 20 most obnoxious things that guy has came out with.

I mean its a heartfelt message about a terrorist tragedy that rocked a nation. It just happens to be in a gameboy advance game guide. I'm not seeing the meme here.
If you can't see what's funny about the juxtaposition of "a heartfelt message about a terrorist tragedy that rocked a nation" and "in a gameboy advance game guide" I don't know man.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ramagamma posted:

Because of all the things you could attack his charachter for (and there are many), a heartfelt patriotic message when he was mid puberty is way low on the list
it's not an attempted character assassination, it's a dumb funny thing that happens to be relevant now, sorry your sense of humor died in ww2 granddad

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ramagamma posted:

From this thread i assume that American youth took a turn and decided that 9/11 was a good thing to happen? I mean that seems fair to assume given how seething people are at the content of Moriartys original message.

I mean if his faq written at 15 stated that he was a proud otaku and he wanted inside Faye Valentine's panties i could see a joke there y'know.

lol if you think anyone is seething over a dumb teenager's misplaced elegy to a national tragedy in a faq for a gba game then boy howdy do i have some sights to show you

like literally everything else in existence

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

as an volcel dry boi i find the implication that i should be engage in gayness an affront to my identity and i will have to demand that you apologize

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah I haven't listened to it in a while because I subscribe to too fuckin many podcasts but In Our Time is good as hell

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

lol at calling Ant Man "somewhat online"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Someone in a Facebook group brought up the 600 tweets thing the other day and I'm just like "oooooh, 10 minutes out of 365 days?"