Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Uh, Gary and Kole, I hate to sound nitpicky, but you're off your game a bit. Halfway through the latest BFC episode and you've already said that (not really spoilers but just in case) Yhorm is a DS2 giant when he very clearly isn't, and now you've gone on a tangent about how Iudex Grundyr sounds like grundle when his name is actually Iudex Gundyr. To be fair, the former is a deliberate fakeout, but I'm not sure where the latter came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Song For The Deaf posted:

We spoke about Yhorm as a DS2 giant because that's how he looks in the intro cutscene. We're going to talk about the discrepancy between the models in the appropriate episode.

The Gundyr vs Grundyr thing was a mistake that I made in taking notes, that neither of us caught at the time, which led to what felt like a funny digression.

As for missing the point or dick jokes or just being off, I've got nothing for that.

Fair enough. For the record, I don't know what that guy's problem with dick jokes is. Please don't ever stop making dick jokes. The Grundyr discussion was funny, if factually incorrect.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 25, 2016

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Woffle posted:

I will claim a little responsibility as I was having a pretty off day when we recorded. Also, I don't think it's unfair to say that I am a big picture person when it comes to these games either. But yes, we are decent people.

The Gundyr/Grundyr thing doesn't really seem to matter much to me, honestly. It's just a misread or typo and we're working from notes. But if you think that's bad, just wait until you hear me mispronounce Irithyll like a dozen times!

I noticed the Irithyll thing, too, but had forgotten about it when I made the post.

I don't begrudge you for the mistakes, I just thought it was odd because you guys are usually pretty good about getting the facts right, which is why I opened the post by saying you were off your game. I've since listened to the rest and heard you say at the end that you had had a rough time recently and that's a good enough excuse to me.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Dark Souls -> Dark Souls 2 -> Dark Souls 3 is basically Silent Hill -> Silent Hill 2 -> Silent Hill 3 in terms of how the plot is constructed.

In both series, the first game sets a tone, the second uses recurring theme from the first to build a new story and world, then the third entry almost entirely ignores what the second did in favor of making a direct sequel to the first.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Woffle posted:

I don't know who that is.

One of the Giant Bomb guys, the one who hosts the podcast now.