Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Can I be a pedant too?

The real error in Bonfire Side Chat is that it should really be Zeno's Grunder, not Theseuses Grunder. :hist101:

Patreon cancelled.

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Song For The Deaf posted:

Gary exhaustively detailed Xeno's Grundle, then I asked him to do The Grundle of Theseus next.

Ah poo poo, that's what I get for thinking you might have made a mistake in a literary reference.

Patreon reinstated.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I think it's a great thing that the series has the capacity to prompt actual decent conversations about storytelling, and I think that's down to it's overall excellence even in the face of being imperfect. Compare the deficiencies in DS1-3 storytelling with those in the Metal Gear series for example.

Very excited to hear the Bonfire Boys thoughts on the plot as they work through the game. Looks like we'll have a good year ahead.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

BonfireSide Chat: I'm too late to contribute to the extrasode, but I was surprised more wasn't made of the statue of the Lothric knight auto-decapitating himself with his own sword in the cathedredral.

First of all it's :black101: as all hell, but also it massively recontextualised the dead knights we saw, especially the ones in passive, sitting poses.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I could do without replaying all of New Vegas, but here we are, I guess.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Quick question on the New Vegas WOFF:
I keep hearing people say Obsidion nearly went under after getting screwed over NV by Bethesda. Is that the 89.5% metacritic bonus thing G&K talked about, or something else?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I'll go get the pitchforks, torches and noose, shall I?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I would probably be luke warm on that movie, but Ben Kingsley launches the whole thing an entire teir upwards.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

In the "Amazed this hadn't happened sooner" category, Megaten Marathon is a new show wherein the hosts and rotating guests (per set of episodes) are going through the Megami Tensei series item by item, spinoffs, other media, and various strange ephemera included. It's interesting so far, and they're keeping a pretty good WOFF-like clip through these titles so far in terms of summing up the titles vs. being incredibly long-winded.

Chiming in to say I'm really enjoying this as a way to learn about a series I'm very interested in but just don't have the second lifetime I would need to experience it.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The TF2 is fine. Needing hundreds of hours to learn the map is a massive goddamn problem in a game, even if it does pay off.

If you expect a WoFF episode to match your expert level knowledge about a game then you need to work on your expectations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Teaching your kid to say Uh-huh instead of Yes was pro-tier parenting, just FYI. Did you run a noise filter ob this btw? I heard a lot of snow when your son was talking.

Overall, I think I like this. Half way between Molydeux and Ax Cop.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

greatn posted:

I haven't been able to set up the RSS plugin or register on iTunes yet, but here is episode 2.

This is actually fourth recorded but probably the best audio quality because of microphone placement, so I'll need to make sure newly recorded ones from 7 onward use the same placement.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6XZQ1JRnwOxUDNYckxCUkZOZ1U

Pokemon Windows

Sir, your child designed and drew a pokemon called Darkscarf and you didn't post the picture.

Patreon withdrawn :argh:

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

greatn posted:

Episode 3 of Childish Games! is now live

Super Mario 8060, a Mario game in a post apocalptic distopia where the only way to win is to die

https://soundcloud.com/childishgamespod/super-mario-8060

And we have an RSS feed now

http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChildishGames

Where's the download button on that thing? Looking forwards to having a listen but streaming isn't an option for me.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Jippa posted:

Out of interest did you figure out how to fix this? Half the podcasts I'm subscribed too won't download automatically. The subscribe button on the store page where I have to manually download them has stopped doing any thing?

On your My Podcasts page, the tab for each podcast has the tiniest possible exclamation make for the downloads it's stopped. If you click on that it gives you options to restart downloading.

I haven't found a way to stop it doing it again though.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

I am required by law to plug Megaten Marathon beginning SMT1 because I guested on these episodes.

I started SMT4 because of these podcasts. As much as I'm enjoying the game, jesus christ JRPGs like to waste your time. Do the Japanese just not care about what % of a game is just pointless chaff if it bloats that sweet sweet hours/Yen ratio?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Getting a similar problem on iTunes on windows. I can copy the location of the files and download them through my browser, so I have no clue what's going on but Ican get that sweet sweet Duckfeed fix at least.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Phone posted:

A literal child has beaten Gary and Kole to Chrono Trigger. :v:

Philistine, this is Chrono Trigger 4, a new an better game. Gary and Kole will probably be covering it in the new year when Watch Out for Lens Flare comes back.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Pip is a goddamn national treasure for us Brits and I won't hear a work otherwise. :britain:

Plus there's something about blanking on M. Bison's name and panic snapping to Cpn. Buffalo that just encapsulated the entire national condition.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Outside of his involvement in the unpleasantness, his videos generally involve about 20 minutes examining the graphics options and insisting consumers should avoid games that run below 60 fps. I walked away then because I think he fundamentally doesn't understand what makes a good game.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

SBFC are a bunch of knob heads, but they're entertaining knob heads. TB is just crushingly dull and tedious, in addition to being a knob head. And jesus help you if you ever meet any of the anime avatared paedophiles that make up his fans.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

SpannerX posted:

The kerbal podcast is dead.

That's sad but I think they utterly exhausted everything you could say about the game.

I wound up switching to Space Rocket History podcast as a result of Kerbal Podcast, and that's fairly awesome. Host is so delightfully Southern he sounds like he's about to introduce himself as just a small town country lawyer any drat second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Can we get a break down for people who don't know anything about the market?