Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Idle Thumbs working on Half Life 3, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ja2ke posted:

I’m gonna burst this bubble and say if you get charged it’s a mistake and we’ll go through and issue refunds. :(

We’d like to get back into it but honestly it’s been very overwhelming to consider.

I’m starting to look into recording studios we could rent for blocks of a few hours at a time though.

Gabe Newell parachute account spotted.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Has there been any update from the Idle Thumbs guys? They use to stream some, idk if they are still doing that. Any Twitter updates?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ja2ke posted:

We started Idle Thumbs as a podcast in early October 2008, and had no idea the GFW cast was going to end just a couple weeks before we put out our first episode. It was the most extremely bittersweet feeling, especially for Remo who was a big GFW fan. We were so bummed to see that show go, but it felt good to be able to have a show that helped be a puny salve over the GFW-finale-shaped wound for at least a tiny fraction of their listeners.

And now you've given a new generation of gaming podcast listeners a gaping wound with IT being on hiatus.

:negative:

Come back to us Idle Thumbs people.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jippa posted:

Request: Chris Remo stream/video of Anno 1800.

Hell yeah. I rarely care to watch particular people play video games but Chris' play thru of RimWorld were really fun.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Valve claims Idle Thumbs and now Campo Santo is a DOTA and Half Life VR dev?

Is nothing sacred?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ahhhh drat. So that sounds about it for Campo Santo then huh? I hope they enjoy what they're doing at Valve and just found a different calling. Really stinks Idle Thumbs likely won't be coming back anytime soon.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah Idle Thumbs, that's awesome.

Also plz come back

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Has there been any word from Idle Thumbs people recently? Last I saw they were working on Half Life Alyx and their game got shelved by Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I never beat any of the Half Life games until recently, I always got too spooked as a kid and gave up after a few head crabs jumped at me.

I finally got around to playing through Black Mesa and it was fantastic. Working thru Half Life 2 now. Half Life Alyx might be enough to convince me to get a headset (I also play a lot of flight sims), it looks neat and I just like any Half Life lore now.

Consider this post another vote for the Idle Thumbs comeback.