Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

OP should probably include the Easy Allies Podcast, and their bi-weekly companion Frame Trap:

Easy Allies Podcast
Strictly on-topic (but still funny) one hour gaming news podcast, the successor to GT Time from the former Gametrailers crew. High production values, smart, snappy discussion, corrections, listener questions, and the all important weekly bets.
Hosts: Kyle Bosman, Brandon Jones + rotating Michael Huber, Ian Hinck, Ben Moore, Bradley Ellis, Daniel Bloodworth
Links: Youtube Site iTunes

Frame Trap
Longer form discussions about what the Easy Allies crew have been playing recently and wider musings about industry goings on in a looser, longer form atmosphere. Never let your guard down, because HOTAKE could be invoked at any moment. If you hate Battleborn, you'll love this podcast.
Hosts: Ben Moore + rotating Kyle Bosman, Brandon Jones, Michael Huber, Ian Hinck, Bradley Ellis, Daniel Bloodworth
Links: Youtube Site iTunes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

The only time kobolds were ever good is Suikoden and that's because they were cute dogs who were your friends

You better not be talkin' mess about my homeboy Deekin.

Mierenneuker posted:

Deekin Scalesinger 4 lyfe

He was the only NPC who had your back through the entirety of Hordes of the Underdark.

Hell yes, at least some people know what's up.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Beastcast with Austin was bestcast, but Beastcast and Waypoint Radio are both pretty good now.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Thirsty Dog posted:

Pip is fairly divisive. There's some comments on this earlier in the thread when I was really happy for her to join the team, but the combination of whimsy overdose, the cutesy couple thing and her speech mannerisms make it really hard sometimes.

I loved C&C when it was driven by Marsh, Tom Francis, and Graeme, but now even Tom has left for 3 months and we're left with very few voices that I can handle for multiple podcasts.

The positive is that Tom F leaving has made them realise they need to do more with the podcast and get more guests on - I've liked pretty much every guest - but they're also putting their Patreon back on. For me, I'd need to see signs of real change before I'd consider giving them money (yes I know this makes me sound like a dick) so it's a bit of a catch 22 because without the money it sounds like they won't be able to make many changes at all. So I hope they get the money they need even if ultimately I stop listening.

I've never found a podcast quite as good at walking the line between great discussion of game mechanics, understanding the industry, humour, and excellent delivery as the old C&C crew :(

This is me exactly.

Early C&C was some of the best podcasting ever, and I happily donated to their Patreon for as long as it was running. I stopped listening several months ago because it became utterly insufferable, and there is zero chance I would back them now.

Pip isn't the cause, but she is a symptom.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Oh, man.

End of an era... or, er, end of several eras I guess. Sad times :c

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

I should really do that, so sure. Lemme get to the yearly check of "what shows still exist/do I need to add to the list"...

Well, Idle Thumbs is dead, so that can be removed.

The Bombcast (Brad, Jeff, Drew, Jason) and Beastcast (Vinny, Alex, Dan) could do with their crews updating.

New Entry:

Waypoint Radio
What's good, Internet? Twice weekly shortform podcast from Vice Gaming Waypoint, featuring former Giant Bomb duders Austin Walker and Patrick Klepek along with former Idle Thumbs dudette Danielle Riendeau. Snappy, smart discussion of what they're playing, what's in the news, Gundam, politics, and a deep dive into the Question Bucket.
Hosts: Austin Walker, Patrick Klepek, Danielle Riendeau
Links: Site iTunes RSS Twitter

Pasco fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 9, 2017

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

So I've got IT 300 in my podcast feed, and IIT 1 on Youtube, but not vice versa.

Something weird going on, or working as intended?

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I think maybe Ben is gay? Not sure where I got that from.

Ben's partner is non-traditionally-gender-conforming in some way that I haven't looked into because it's none of my business.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

What the hell is going on with Bob and Colin Moriarty. I listen to a lot of Retronauts and Talking Simpsons and I like Bob and I know he's a poster here too. I guess I should listen to that Laser Time episode

You really should. It's an hour of dunking on a terminally unfunny "Libertarian" jerk, what's not to like?

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Kinda hope they end up somewhere where I can still follow them. Rykert may as well have fallen off the face of the earth for me as I have no interest in wrestling. Him and Vinny interacting is some of the funniest poo poo I have ever heard in my life.

Dan is a big Twitch streamer now, and has a games podcast with two former GameSpot alumni Mike Mahardy and Merry Kish, so if you want more Dan there's plenty of it.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Yes but let’s not pretend he hasn’t had an extreme amount of luck on his side on top of being a white guy.

That describes ~75% of anyone remotely successful, and I'm probably low-balling that due to my wokeness insisting that surely at least 20% of successful people aren't white.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Centusin posted:

Man, I can't stand Gita, she's the only person out of all of the podcasts I listen to where I will actively avoid listening to anything she is on.

It's weird, I love Gita discussing strategy games and they can be really insightful in that space...

But then they spend an hour talking about some extremely basic and uninspired Sims add-on cash-grab garbage or a completely by the numbers Visual Novel as though they were revelatory and meaningful, and I just skip to the next discussion topic (bless Waypoint for having timestamps in their episode descriptions).

Pasco fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 22, 2021

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Ren's great, but I could go for slightly fewer teeth nightmare / hyper-flexibility injury horror stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Phone posted:

Vice/Waypoint is either stupid or on life support… or both.

SIX MINUTES TWENTY TWO SECONDS OF PREROLL ADS!!!

Are you talking about the latest podcast? Most of that six minutes was a special announcement about their upcoming live stream, not an "ad" in the traditional sense.