Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Do you like communism?

Do you like videogames?

If so, you should probably check out No Cartridge Audio, a podcast by a highly educated guy, Trevor Strunk, who brings in notable and less notable guests from the mystical land of Twitter to do deep dives about videogames' aesthetics and politics.

You can listen to it here; some episodes I'd recommend:

Metal Gear Solid, with Chapo Trap House's Felix Biederman

Videogames are bad, with Chapo Trap House's Matt Christman and its companion piece, Videogames are good, with Kamel Altamimi

Other than those three, I'd say any episode with someone whose work you're interested in is great, like Hazel Monforton (Dishonored 2: DOTO), Scott Benson (Night in the Woods), or KC Green (KC Green).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

teethgrinder posted:

Yeah, I think this was a particularly bad-timing to check out Waypoint ... they've been amazing for years, and I do miss voices that have moved on during their run. I think Austin otherwise runs a tight ship, and represents a queer black voice. It's "unfortunate" that Patrick Klepek and Rob Zachny are the other mainstays, but they are awesome people too. The podcast has had a number of fantastic regulars over the years. Gita Jackson is still around but doesn't seem to be on regularly lately (I also really her writing fwiw). I liked Danielle Riendeau a lot on the podcast, but haven't followed up on what she's up to now.

While trying to find any information about the GB departures, I stumbled across controversy that they were sort of implicated in gamer gate poo poo due to being attacked for being all white cis men by someone. Which is what it is, but unfortunately it sounds like fans went nuts on the accuser.

danielle is EIC at fanbyte now, and also does a wrestling/mma podcast for its fightsports division