Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

On the GB E3 podcast with the 84 dudes they mentioned CVXFreak being excited about RE7 and I thought LOL I used to argue with him about RE on GameFAQs 15 years ago and 1) he still goes by "cvxfreak" and 2) he's still into Resident Evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The intro for SMT is so rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PeeGxLYvE

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Phone posted:

It's a janky piece of poo poo that's more interested in having you check out the Podcast Store or whatever.

The RSS grabber will just sometimes not work. The app frequently decides that it's done for right now. It's either super aggressive or super passive about podcast behavior (oh you have 2 unlistened episodes of TAL, I'm gonna do you a solid and stop downloading them for you!). The indexing is super bad. Downloading more than 2 podcasts at one time over wifi? You loving mad man.

The podcast app back in iPhone 3G/4 days wasn't too bad, but it's gotten progressively worse over time. It was fine when it was within iTunes/Music/whatever it used to be, but when it split off as its own individual thing, it was pretty bad v1.0 app. It's gotten better, but it's like saying that this poo poo sandwich isn't that bad because you've added sprouts and dijon mustard to it.
I don't think it initially even kept your position between restarts. I dropped it for Downcast real quick, after being perfectly fine with the built-into-Music (iPod?) app version.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Just switch to something better! They're not exactly expensive.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I once worked for a "second party" Nintendo studio. It was great... Until the relationship abruptly ended and they didn't want our half finished game anymore.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Someone tell me what the gently caress a job system is because in my mind you're making somebody the accountant of the party and someone else gets to do a paper round and so on and that's clearly not what it is

Edit: autocorrect changed accountant to account which seems really counter intuitive

Akuma fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 25, 2017

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ramagamma posted:

I [am] like Colin Moriarty ... a cocky loudmouthed shithead

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I guffawed at the thing that convinced Chris that he needs to play Breath of the Wild was the square bomb. His "oh my god" was perfect.
So sometimes you don't want the grenade to roll down the hill?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I have two young daughters (a 6 and 4 year old) and they are both completely enthralled by watching me or my wife play. If they eat their dinner and do their reading we give them "horse time" where they get to just ride around on a horse across the landscape. They think its the most fun thing ever.

It's nuts that as we all remember the original game, in 20-30 years youngsters from now will look upon this like that.
I think about stuff like that all the time with my 7 year old daughter and the Wii U. Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 were the ones she was big into before this.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Kid-Jake please don't mix household cleaning supplies in your garage because you can make some seriously hosed up things that way. I'm pretty sure mustard gas is hilariously easy to make at home with like two things that I won't name here.
What I don't get is, when I put bleach in the toilet and forget and then pee on it, why don't I die?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

jonathan posted:

Question: is kinda funny games podcast related to that guy who got run out of his company for making that tweet about "ah silence #adaywithoutwomen" or whatever ?

I don't want to support a company who bows to social justice twinks so I might unsubscribe. Also the show isn't funny at all. Bombcast has way more personality even with the token homosexual.
Is this... Satire?

Edit: your rap sheet suggests that no, you're actually a racist homophobe and all the rest. gently caress off somewhere else you piece of poo poo.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 10, 2017

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, and I JUST got to their "Shadowgate" apology for the mix up and it's hilarious. I thought it was so bizarre but probably because I always found Darkman exceptionally memorable and never saw the Shadow.
What is it about the dark? What secrets does it hold???

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Listening to Idle Thumbs 310 or 311 where they're describing their ideal spin off of Friday the 13th where it's The Thing and they basically describe Among Us only not a first person action game.

If only they'd capitalised on their idea. And made it far more accessible than a first person action game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Stan Taylor posted:

Haven’t played alyx yet but they recently added developer commentary. I was hoping it would be an idle thumbs reunion but I have no clue if any of them are on it.
Yeah, I'm supremely interested in it but my only VR avenue is PSVR so I'll probably never play it. It's supremely sad that it could be the legacy - or at least everything for the next 5-10 years or whatever the gently caress - that we hear of from idle thumbs. Bit sad, to be honest