Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Stan Taylor posted:

with Philippa (Pip) Warr starting on this week.

FINALLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Thirsty Dog posted:

She's only just joined the cast, and if I'm honest it's a weird vibe right now as she doesn't bring a lot of PC-specific knowledge and there's this "her boyfriend makes fun of her constantly" thing going on as she fumbles her way through the episode, but once she's on a topic she's confident with she has plenty of good things to say. Way less whimsical than on RPS and so far more interesting than on Daft Souls.

She's guested multiple times before and was a fuckin delight every time.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

program666 posted:

goons only don't like totalbiscuit because SA is 90% story gamers (besides nintendo discussion), otherwise they would be glad for his videos since he is one of the very few guys on youtube that really care for gameplay, options menu, etc.

I think after Ryan Davis people just don't want to listen to another podcast where the host dies.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Opposing Farce posted:

"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, either deliberately fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: Kole and Gary die. Kole and Gary die. Kole and Gary die."--Margaret Atwood

Gary and Kole are an undead favourite so I don't think that'd stop them.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

Also "grundle" is a great word so I'm all in favor of whatever it takes to get a grundle riff going.

What if Video Games Hot Dogs starts talking about Riff's grundle?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Regrettable posted:

So, are the Video Game Hotdog guys goons? They were totally making jokes about poopsocking in the episode I'm listening to.

I think Danielle mentioned poopsocking on a recent Idle Weekend, too. The term is pretty ubiquitous now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean, whatever. It's a gimmick for him, so it doesn't bother me.

You'd think he could buy some gloves that fit

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Finally a podcast to get all my robot news, without that pesky video game discussion

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Did Video Games Hot Dog go all the way through the assignment without mentioning the name of the game once? I don't think I missed it, but I might have been distracted.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

That's the KoL guy's podcast, right?

yeah

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Stan Taylor posted:

Man I wish IT was still in a weekly format and we're really open about working at valve and Jake and Sean started making half life 3

Well now that they work for Valve they won't be making video games so will have more time for podcasting

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Shadow has a really good pinball table.

Darkman doesn't have one at all.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

did Thumbs go on hiatus before or after the Space rear end in a top hat red faction guerilla remastered trailer came out?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

“Mesa”? What is happening with that word-filter that it didn’t go with “mess”:
- Somebody is secretly talking a lot about Half-Life 3: Back to Black Mesa; or,
- Somebody is spending a lot of time on the Jar Jar Binks web ring.

WHAT IS IT?! :tinfoil:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jippa posted:

Do you know anyone that owns VR stuff? I think the only people I have ever heard talking about it are games journos. At a certain point it seemed like the future of gaming but now it just seems like this weird rich persons cul de sack.

I know a guy that owns a vr, but also owns like 50 pinball tables so really I'm just proving your point.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Gaspy Conana posted:

I was a mega Idle Thumbs/VGHD fan and I know I'm quite late to really getting into it, but IMO the closest podcast to those in tone right now is Insert Credit. The lineup consists of game archivist Frank Cifaldi, game dev/sega liker Brandon Sheffield, 3-hour-Doom-review guy Tim Rogers, and game dev/affable host Alex Jaffe. I appreciate how full of weird trivia they all are and they have great chemistry.

Recent episodes have featured guests like Jim Stormdancer of Frog Fractions (who has a podcast called Topic Lords which also rules) and Liz Ryerson.

https://insertcredit.com/show/

Downloaded the most recent ep with Jim and it's real good. Thanks for the recommendation!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

Is this a Valve joke or have they genuinely transitioned out of the industry? They've smartly taken a step back from their social media/internet presence so I don't actually know what they're up to. I know Chris Remo has his crossword YouTube that actually was the push that finally unlocked crosswords for me.

That Archeology game that they were working on got cancelled, so whatever they're doing at Steam, it isn't that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ja2ke posted:

Basically all of us worked on Half Life Alyx, which I know is a VR game so some people just don’t count it, especially in the world of binary Goon opinions. But we all did story work on it, Vanaman wrote a ton of that game (and it has both the Firewatch leads in small roles), and Remo and I both worked on various pieces of art and design in it. Weirdly we ended up doing a bunch of pocket Half Life lore for it - all the newspapers you can pick up and read in the game were designed by me and written by Chris. I did some level design on it especially across the narrative infused areas like the opening on the rooftop, the train wreck, the scene with the shadowy woman talking to the advisor. It was a lot of small stuff across the game but ended up adding up to quite a lot of work. We’ve also worked on Steam Deck, and many of us are working on Unannounced Things. I see you say we are working “at steam,” and I’d say that’s a misnomer. Other than a few little things here or there, and other than some work on Steam Deck, we’ve largely worked on game projects since we got here. The biggest one is Half Life Alyx but there have been some smaller things like Dota Underlords and also some things that are unannounced.

Hi Jake, thanks for answering. Sorry, when I said "at Steam" I forgot the actual name of the company "Valve". I had to read your post twice before it even registered what I did lol. Hope everyone is doing well, miss the pods.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kris xK posted:

They just need to put Rowan on a timer. "You've hammered on about some random loving thing for 5 min, we are now muting your mic so others can talk"

I stopped listening to Insert Credit for the same reason; Tim Rogers is always the first to talk, filibusters until he maybe figures out why he was talking in the first place, and is completely incapable of ending a paragraph. Dude sucks poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mode 7 posted:

I go through cycles of how much it bothers me - Tim frequently has good or funny points in the midst of that verbosity - but will admit that I preferred the chunk of episodes where Tim was out and they just had a rotating guest slot instead.

I think I got introduced to the show when he wasn't on it, and it was this fun and snappy show with cool guests, then this bloviating idiot starts showing up and it's like 86% unlistenable sludge, 9% someone else gets to talk, 4% soundboard, 1% he actually tells a funny joke. If someone could please let me know when he's off the show again, I'd appreciate it.