Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

The only time kobolds were ever good is Suikoden and that's because they were cute dogs who were your friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

This new Exquisite Suffering about a Bible game has somehow turned into a 20-minute Undertale rant

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Yeah, I'm sorry I was dismissive earlier Gary.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Re: The Dragon Quest VII Retronauts

I have always thought that the "3 hours before first combat" thing was a GOOD thing. Couldn't agree more with your retake on it, Jeremy.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Woffle posted:

I'm looking forward to listening because I haaaaaaated the pacing of DQ7. I'll be curious if other people who didn't care for it will reconsider on portable.

Oh, unfortunately, it was just a Micro. Jeremy makes a case for enjoying the game today with the new 3DS version when he didn't back then.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Jippa posted:

Yeah what the gently caress is up with that?

Apple knows better than you I guess

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Gary and or Kole: I just tried listening to the Gnolls episode of Monster in my Podcast and it was just the Gnomes episode.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Like it? I love it! It made me start playing Baldur's Gate for the first time.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Have you ever played 4 or Dragon Quarter? I love 3-5 all for different reasons and think any of them could make good WOFFs.

Edit: I'd love to hear Gary bitch about the reset system in Dragon Quarter that paved the way for Dead Rising's system. I can't defend it but it was something I somehow got way into and I replayed the game a few times to get the best ranking.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 24, 2017

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Woffle posted:

I remember liking Dragon Quarter, actually, and if we do a BoF, it's on the shortlist. It's not our 2017 JRPG though.

That's cool; It's super underrated as a PS2 RPG in my opinion. Looking forward to whatever you guys picked out for this year, still so many great JRPGs you can cover outside of Final Fantasy.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Retro Gaming Roundup, which I stopped listening to a few years ago so I don't know what they are like now, was done by some Republican dudes who are in their 50s. Almost curious enough to go back and see if they are on the Trump train but their podcast episodes are like 6+ hours long

Edit: One of the hosts was the figurehead for the Coleco Chameleon scandal from last year, that Mike Kennedy guy.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 5, 2017

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Monster in my Podcast and Abject Suffering are the two things I most look forward to from Duckfeed each week.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Question for the Thumbs! I am catching up on Important If True (good show btw) and on episode 5 you guys were talking about old beat-em-up covers, and it was mentioned that some of those artists were doing commissions and what a perfect wedding gift that would be. Well, I am interested in this myself and might even use it for a wedding gift! Do you have links or more information on these artists?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Yeah that's largely my concern. The secrecy culture of Valve. If the Thumbs don't actually get affected by that they'd be an exception

Edit: to make this more positive, please have Brad Muir on one of your podcasts. We miss him. :)

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I kinda fell off Idle Thumbs in the last year or two of it, but I super wish Important If True came back. That was where all their best energy was and I'm sad that if they ever decided to podcast again they'd probably prioritize Idle Thumbs since it's the flagship. But I guess we don't have to worry about that much anyway :/