Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

Strange, I also have a specific memory of listening to one of my first bombcasts while riding my bike. It was Dan's story about frying the 'egg whites'.

Another one of Dan’s that I loved was the ‘flavour crystals’ from White Castle.

I think Dan is the person I have told my wife the most about out of anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Pasco posted:

Dan is a big Twitch streamer now, and has a games podcast with two former GameSpot alumni Mike Mahardy and Merry Kish, so if you want more Dan there's plenty of it.

What’s the name of the podcast?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Thank you!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I miss that and Thumbs. And the guy above me.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Every time I see posts in this thread I get excited that Idle Thumbs is back.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I hope Jake doesn't read that I'd definitely subscribe on Patreon if there was a comeback.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ja2ke posted:

I’d subscribe too, but that might be money laundering?

Let’s worry about that after the comeback.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

Idle Thumbs revival when

This is my dream.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ja2ke posted:

I feel like we got there first with http://goty.cx but I endorse this all the same.

It’s exactly what I thought of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

I'd be less harsh on the Giant Bomb entry, even if some corporate shenanigans resulted in the dismissal of SA's very own voidburger :(

The current staff there with Jan Ochoa hosting, Jeff Grubb anchoring, Dan Rykert being his weird rear end self and Jeff Bakalar playing straightman works well.

I can't recommend adding Designer Notes enough, generally hosted by Soren Johnson, lead designer of Civ IV among many other illustrious credits. They interview prominent game designers in the industry about their career paths, decision making, etc. Someone on SA recommended it to me for the Justin Ma & Matthew Davis (FTL/Into the Breach) episodes, but most have been utterly fascinating.

i honestly really like GB the way it is now. it has a lot of energy and they mix it up a lot. having an expanded cast to draw from really keeps it fresh.