Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

oldskool posted:

It doesn't seem like there's anything keeping you from just skipping all the tutorial puzzles that show you the various puzzle mechanics which is an....interesting design choice, I guess? I'm just imagining how annoyed I would be to make some progress in one part of the island and then get stymied because I ran into a mechanic I've never seen before with the tutorial puzzles that explain it somewhere completely different, and having to trudge around looking for them, and then trudging all the way back....

Luckily, the island isn't extremely large, most areas that require certain knowledge are gated in some way (though most of the island is available as soon as you open the white gate), there's a variety of fast travel, and even some rather obvious hints (which doesn't stop most players from missing them) to where the mechanics are learned .

Enjoying this so far, really digging the draw overlay. I think the Metroid comparison is spot-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

You should definitely check out Katie's comment that was blatantly ignored at the end of the episode. Very insightful.

• Locked thread