Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Airborne Viking posted:

hey lowtax I wanna be a mod

Have you committed any crime involving a child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi Lowtax, I know you're under no real obligation to tell your modmin team anything at any time, but it'd be cool if you could give us heads up when you do things like this so we don't find out about decisions that directly affect the rest of us via weird mass avatar purchases, apparently.

Thanks,
LAB

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi Lowtax, I know you're under no real obligation to tell your modmin team anything at any time, but it'd be cool if you could give us heads up when you do things like this so we don't find out about decisions that directly affect the rest of us via weird mass avatar purchases, apparently.

Thanks,
LAB

dont sign ur posts

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Nanomashoes posted:

Have you committed any crime involving a child?

Yesterday a 4 year old had to share a bed with me.
:) Airborne, you're wearing shorts, right?
:v: Yeah.
:) Good. I don't want your penis touching me.
:gonk: ...

I really have no idea where it came from, but is that close enough?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
:yikes:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

LadyAmbien posted:

Thanks friend! She's so chill, we got lucky.

Congratulations and welcome back!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Airborne Viking posted:

If your penis touched them you're in the clear.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Airborne Viking posted:

I had pretty much this same conversation last night except she was 29, not 4, and also my gf.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ghostter posted:

dont sign ur posts

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Thanks,
LAB

How is it directly affecting you?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Airborne Viking posted:

yes yes but did the mods know?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Thanks,
LAB
I bet this is what it's like to be Catholic.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
This week on "How Many Mods Fit inside a GBS"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FactsAreUseless posted:

I bet this is what it's like to be Catholic.

Don't Churchshame.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

How is it directly affecting you?

Half the mods got bought bizarre WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL avatars. That wouldn't bother me, but Windows 98 is apparently a controversial enough mod/IK choice that somebody decided to drop a few hundo on buying the mod team avatars expressing their incredible fury. The assumption that every mod knows every time Lowtax makes a controversial decision is what could lead to doxxing and real-life harassment over a situation we didn't know anything about and had no control over.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Half the mods got bought bizarre WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL avatars. That wouldn't bother me, but Windows 98 is apparently a controversial enough mod/IK choice that somebody decided to drop a few hundo on buying the mod team avatars expressing their incredible fury. The assumption that every mod knows every time Lowtax makes a controversial decision is what could lead to doxxing and real-life harassment over a situation we didn't know anything about and had no control over.

:catstare:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus titty loving christ what is going on.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

it wasnt me i spent everything i had on drugs

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I want to see this funny avatar

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
OK so...*dusts off and updates resume*.....there's still a chance....

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

im learning! u make a good teacher :P are u a naughtty teacher maybe perhaps?? ;) hahah im kidding. :D ;)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It is very much worth emphasizing that nobody, mod or admin, knows when or why Lowtax does things. Certainly not in advance.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My main problem with Windows 98 is that he never finished that Something Awful RPG. It was going so well, too. :smith:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

ahahaha

post the av here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

ahahaha

post the av here
It was just the newbie av with some text.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It was me I bought all the mods the bad avatars that upset them or whatever

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My main problem with Windows 98 is that he never finished that Something Awful RPG. It was going so well, too. :smith:

ill finish it

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i don't think a bought custom av translates to real life harassment just my thoughts

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:neckbeard: Just be sure to use the crybaby av as the concept for my character, as I think it was a bit more iconic than this one.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

FactsAreUseless posted:

It was just the newbie av with some text.

pity, that's really boring

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~
Hopefully it wasn't an offensive avatar. That would be a horrible thing to do

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
For real though I'm guessing it was Demon since he already dropped 1000$ to probate him for a month lol

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Aralan posted:

It was me I bought all the mods the bad avatars that upset them or whatever

wtf how are u posting if youre banned? lmao am i going crazy :wth:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is a good point. A lot of us had parts in it. I uh..kinda took a second mortgage out expecting this thing to sell big and pay me some sweet royalties..... and I'm kinda hosed now. Finishing it would. Very good

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Putty posted:

i don't think a bought custom av translates to real life harassment just my thoughts

You know exactly what I meant. There is plenty of precedent for mods being doxxed.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

to be fair, thats more of a profoundly mentally unwell person problem moreso than lowtax's mod decisions. i mean they could have done that for any sadbrain reason or just because

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ghostter posted:

wtf how are u posting if youre banned? lmao am i going crazy :wth:

I'm a posting ghost

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aralan posted:

I'm a posting ghost

Ghost post, coast to coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

is that what's happening?

lmao jesus christ

• Locked thread