Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Sigh...everyone is playing this lovely game so I guess I have to as well.

Its the cross you have to bear if you want to play games with your friends instead of alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Larry Parrish posted:

Its the cross you have to bear if you want to play games with your friends instead of alone.

Make your gay rear end friends play good games that aren't retarded.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Sorry...got a little aggressive there.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if they make you play dota, they arent your friends

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Doomsday pits BLU against RED, with only one team getting the honor of transporting a suitcase nuke full of recalled Mann Co. Australium to American monkeynaut Poopy Joe’s rocket, so he can blast off and hunt down Soviet space chimp Vladimir Bananas. It's the same spirit of competitive enterprise that stalled the moon landing by three years when Buzz Aldrin suplexed Neil Armstrong into a pile of folding chairs at Astromania '69! Both teams will attempt to get the necessary fuel up a preposterously slow-moving elevator and into Poopy Joe’s Australium-powered rocket to the stars.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Make your gay rear end friends play good games that aren't retarded.

elf help book posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Sigh...everyone is playing this lovely game so I guess I have to as well.

I don't understand why MOBAs are so popular when they're so mechanically dense and every game takes forever to play.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I don't understand why MOBAs are so popular when they're so mechanically dense and every game takes forever to play.

http://bfy.tw/5RZV

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ColoradoCleric posted:

developers should remove deathmatch and team deathmatch so people are forced to actually play objective game modes

Then people will just play team deathmatch in those modes and call you a human being and vote you off the team if you actually grab the flag or whatever.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Then people will just play team deathmatch in those modes and call you a human being and vote you off the team if you actually grab the flag or whatever.

the plr_hightower experience

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Ive never met anyone in real life that's played dota or any moba, so the idea of having all of my friends playing it is extra upsetting

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Chess is popular. As a thought experiment, try thinking of Dota 2 and League of Legends as "Chess 2".

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Chess is popular. As a thought experiment, try thinking of Dota 2 and League of Legends as "Chess 2".

Chess 2 is a david sirloin game

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

Its playing sports but on the computer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Its playing sports but on the computer

So are fighting games but they're easier, and more exciting

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

They're easier but you need to be way better at reflexes and such.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

elf help book posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

but mobas are team games so there more like sports.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

boxing isn't a sport now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
boxing is a life style

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

so is gaming

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

artses give people the illusion of playing something deep like an rts without actually having to do any of the heavy-lifting associated with playing an arts

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

Ive never met anyone in real life that's played dota or any moba, so the idea of having all of my friends playing it is extra upsetting

any time i overhear people talking about games irl its just moba bullshit or wow

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

99% of my friends are buzzfeed tier gamers with maybe half of those dipping into casual Nintendo style stuff or the lesbian who plays blops and tells me about sweet headshots

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I work full time. *first piece of Normie Triforce starts glowing* I have a girlfriend! *second piece glows* I LOVE MOBAS!!!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

timesplitters had like a million genuinely good modes and it's disappointing that noone stole them

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
There should be a team survival mode where you have to save the other team from dying.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

I work full time. *first piece of Normie Triforce starts glowing* I have a girlfriend! *second piece glows* I LOVE MOBAS!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The only good moba is precinct assault game mode for future cop LAPD (PS1)

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Future cops suck

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

future cop lapd is extrememly winm and i will fight anyone that says otherwise

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Ristolaz posted:

Doomsday pits BLU against RED, with only one team getting the honor of transporting a suitcase nuke full of recalled Mann Co. Australium to American monkeynaut Poopy Joe’s rocket, so he can blast off and hunt down Soviet space chimp Vladimir Bananas. It's the same spirit of competitive enterprise that stalled the moon landing by three years when Buzz Aldrin suplexed Neil Armstrong into a pile of folding chairs at Astromania '69! Both teams will attempt to get the necessary fuel up a preposterously slow-moving elevator and into Poopy Joe’s Australium-powered rocket to the stars.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I listened to David Sirloin talk about Heroes of the Storm on his podcast, and well, I've never played a moba but the blizzard one sounds less AIDSy.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Like it takes 20 minutes to play and there are less reasons to hate everyone on your team (but people still do because of moba culture according to sirloin)

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
David Sirloin.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Average Bear posted:

David Sirloin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played the blizzard MOBA because the only games my friends play are MOBAs and it's still bad. There's levelling but it's a shared XP pool and a rubber band mechanic on whichever team has a lower level so no matter how well you're doing both sides will be equal in power until the last 2 minutes when the objective pops and then somebody wins almost randomly. It's awful

• Locked thread