Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Art was frustrated w/ this guy and he hid behind the cop job long enough. Between S's mom, Beth and almost Donny, I think he knew that stepping in would have delayed somebody else he knows getting killed so he drew a reasonable line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Would have been nice of her to at least shoot him downstairs in the secret hideout instead of splattering blood over 500 comic books they presumably intend to sell if a customer ever shows up.

Also yeah, how the gently caress did Scott get stuck with crime scene cleanup on this one?

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 4, 2016

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I'm starting to realize how brave sarah is when she was mediating between helena and mrs s. :eek:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Slamhound posted:

Honestly, between the glasses, haircut, and beard, that fucker had it coming, conspiracy or no.

And those ear muffs.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The season finalé better be a heavily pregnant Helena crashing through Evie Cho's office window with an M-60, just as she's about to have Sarah and the gang iced. It just doesn't feel right to have a season where Helena hasn't wrecked a bunch of mooks and covered herself in blood.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Sentinel Red posted:

The season finalé better be a heavily pregnant Helena crashing through Evie Cho's office window with an M-60, just as she's about to have Sarah and the gang iced. It just doesn't feel right to have a season where Helena hasn't wrecked a bunch of mooks and covered herself in blood.

bah

alison will have the m-60
helena will have the shotgun
mrs s. will have the sniper rifle in case they have issues. :p.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Being Helana lite didn't help this season any.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Illinois Smith posted:

Also yeah, how the gently caress did Scott get stuck with crime scene cleanup on this one?

I was just thinking in this episode, they're pretty lucky Scott sticks around and puts up with all their bullshit. He's only there because I guess he's kind of friends with Cosima now? Not long ago, this was just his job. Speaking of which, what are Sarah and Cosima and Siobhán doing for money? I assume Felix had some means of supporting himself originally and still does, even though we never get any idea of what it might be, but Sarah started out with no income, and Cosima and Scott have lost theirs. Siobhán might have had some source of income before, but she's probably lost that with all the moving around and secrecy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Maybe the Hendrixes are supporting all the deadbeat clones with their drug money / soap shop income. I think with Felix the theory was always that he occasionally manages to sell some artwork or whatever to support himself.

But yeah, now that Felix has an actual story with his non-clone sister Scott has basically inherited his old role, except he isn't gay so he doesn't get invited to hang out at Allison's musical practices. Remember when Felix' whole role was to own a convenient location for clones to meet and occasionally give people new phones when they lost them?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I think at this point Scott also thinks that what Dyad/Neolution/BrightBorn have been doing is some messed up poo poo and so he wants to oppose that if he can help.

Obviously he cares about Cosima as well. He has had a rough ride lately though and it was obvious Cosima's response to his 'trust your lab partner' crack really hurt.

As for money, I suppose Sarah could be getting some from Kira's no-longer-appearing-on-this-show father; I seem to recall he was supposed to be loaded. Heck there's even an off chance the comic store actually makes money.

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

I assume Felix had some means of supporting himself originally and still does, even though we never get any idea of what it might be

quote:

I think with Felix the theory was always that he occasionally manages to sell some artwork or whatever to support himself.
I thought the show was hinting that Felix is (or at least was, in S1) a male prostitute. One or two of the various men we saw at his place in S1 slipped him cash on their way out (including the big happy black guy that Felix was painting in the nude). And Art called him a "rent boy" at one point.

What was he being booked for in the flashback episode at the start of this season? Wasn't that solicitation?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

evenworse username posted:

I think at this point Scott also thinks that what Dyad/Neolution/BrightBorn have been doing is some messed up poo poo and so he wants to oppose that if he can help.

Obviously he cares about Cosima as well. He has had a rough ride lately though and it was obvious Cosima's response to his 'trust your lab partner' crack really hurt.

As for money, I suppose Sarah could be getting some from Kira's no-longer-appearing-on-this-show father; I seem to recall he was supposed to be loaded. Heck there's even an off chance the comic store actually makes money.

Not with that completely inaccurate Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering talk they aren't!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
WHO RUNS THIS CELL BLOCK!?!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Donnie Hendrix is a bad, bad man. Who looks like a roast.

So ... Dr. Girlfriend put the swan glitch into Rachel's artifical eye to lead people to her? Evie didn't shoot her after all but stashed her in a cabin on Neolution Island? Or maybe the guy who keeps beckoning to Rachel in the glitch will turn out to be next season's villain? Ugh.

Solid episode otherwise tho. I love Fur Trapper Helena. Hope she managed to scare off Felix' sister for good.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 10, 2016

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Delphine got shot but we don't know who dragged her away, do we? I mean I guess it's the guy in the robot eye glitch thing. Anyway Helena owns.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Wondering if the finale is gonna have one of those big showy effects scenes with all the available clones in one room. What's left after dance party & dinner?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Clone funeral.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER ITS A PREGNANT FURTRAPPER

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

So we all knew that Helena would come bursting in as the deus ex machina, but it was so satisfying to see her kill someone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So uh, what happened to Cosima's new lady friend that they thought was a spy?

And am I the only one who finds Felix's sister to be crazy hot?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rhyno posted:

As I recall, she didn't like that they thought she was a spy and so bailed on the whole situation.

And she's definitely hot, even if the casting is a little too good and I can't help but see Felix in her face.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
"Evie Cho might be a more cunning villain than you, Rachel."
"Her villainy is exactly how we get her. I'll wear a hidden camera and let her confess her crimes to me, then leak the thing to the press."

...and that's how you wrap a storyline about mass distribution of trojan roboworms that alter people's DNA. With a gotcha tape.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

It was like one step up from "lol Evie went to the toilet and left her mic on".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Nah blud, she's plenty hot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Illinois Smith posted:

It was like one step up from "lol Evie went to the toilet and left her mic on".

The best is that she keeps looking down at the phone, which makes it look like she's just looking down at the camera non stop.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
There seems to be a lot of incest this season. Also, is anyone watching the after show?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

seravid posted:

Also: everyone is surprisingly okay with torture followed by execution of a man they had a pile of evidence against. It's not like he was the evil mastermind behind the whole thing; just a bad dude who was good at his bad job but BAM! shot with a hunting rifle indoors don't worry about the mess Scott will clean it up in the morning because it's his turn (?) I assume they torture and execute people in the comic book shop every other week.

I think by this point in the story, all the other characters knew that once Mrs. S got her hands on him, it was only a matter of time before he turned into a corpse. Best to just walk away before it happens.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Maera Sior posted:

So we all knew that Helena would come bursting in as the deus ex machina, but it was so satisfying to see her kill someone.
I love how there was that pause after she burst in. It's like she considered sparing EMT guy for a moment, but then decided, "Eh, gently caress it."
I think we can all forgive them, because "Helena ex machina" is always great.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, I ain't ever gonna complain at tense scenes being resolved with sestra-outta-loving-nowhere followed by *that* music cue and motherfuckers getting an arrow to the neck. They can do it another dozen times if they want, I'm cool with it.

So is this the last series and everything gets wrapped up next week or have they already said there's a fifth?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, I ain't ever gonna complain at tense scenes being resolved with sestra-outta-loving-nowhere followed by *that* music cue and motherfuckers getting an arrow to the neck. They can do it another dozen times if they want, I'm cool with it.

So is this the last series and everything gets wrapped up next week or have they already said there's a fifth?

I haven't heard about official renewal but the showrunner has said before they plan for the show to be 5 seasons long.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Rocksicles posted:

Being Helana lite didn't help this season any.

Xand_Man posted:

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER ITS A PREGNANT FURTRAPPER

PROBLEM SOLVED

holy poo poo that was awesome

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
THE END IS NEAR

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-fifth-se...dium=socialflow

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I always prefer it when a show gets renewed for "one last season" than canceled, so I'll take it. At least they know they have ten episodes to wrap things up.

Finale is fun so far but the effects on Evie Cho's facebug going haywire looked like crap. Also, I like Krystal's "I <3 ME" shirt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"I'm TMZ."

Krystal is a great addition to this show.

Edit: Okay well poo poo that was Sarah but it still wouldn't have happened without Krystal!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 17, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

drat, my recording cut off right after the scene with Delphine telling Cosima "we have to be very careful" Did I miss anything after that?

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

drat, my recording cut off right after the scene with Delphine telling Cosima "we have to be very careful" Did I miss anything after that?

Yes.

Sarah has dragged herself out to the shore. Her phone rings. It's Ferdinand. He's holding Siobhan and Kira at gunpoint in the comic book store basement.

Cut to Rachel in the house. She Skypes with Van Lier and tells him "the science is secure." He tells her "Mr Westmoreland will see you now." The doorbell rings. Rachel Smiles. Roll credits.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
So, I guess Westmoreland is is Lazarus Long and Neolution is the Howard Foundation. Huh.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
gently caress. I thought we were finally going to see the end of Rachel. With the next season being the last, I'll bet she surivives for at least 8/10 episode because "hey let's beat this loving dead horse a bit more." If they'd spent this season building up Westmoreland instead of Rachel I'd give a gently caress for him showing up as the super bad guy that even Evie Cho and Susan are afraid of/answer to. The 'evil' clone gimmick ran it's course a season ago but it looks like we're going to get another season of it. gently caress, everything else in this show is so good.

Also a rad thing is that the guy playing Dr. Van Lier played Kermit Griffin on the classic, also filmed in Canada, tv show Kung Fu:The Legend Continues. Still recognize him 20 years later, was hoping for an "Oh yeah."

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 17, 2016

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Benjamin will always be Bucky Haight from Hard Core Logo. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Just watched this not realising it was the last episode, and I feel like nothing actually happened this season. In fact, the more I think about it, the more it feels like this season just raised a bunch of issues and didn't resolve anything. I find myself confused about where a lot of plot threads are now. Like the Castor team, are they all dead or something? And what happened to Paul? And Kira's father? Did I just lose track of these people or did the show lose track of them? And they made a point of reminding us in this episode of Kira's psychic thing, but no one in the show seems to be paying any attention to it at all. What's going on?

• Locked thread