Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

LOTERALLY SCUM SLIPPED

Lynch me idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

AA voted for nwarly everydamnone early on, which is fine incudling D1 and all, but the extent is greater than I am used to seeign:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Azuth

I have a D1 result... he scum.

##vote gannyGrabber

##vote Grillary Scumton

YAAEHHHHAEHHH

I woke up this morning and I could smell the fumes seeping in through the cracks in my door. Residual toxins accumulating like invisible storm clouds.

I scratch my throat; it's dry like the air. I put on the same dirty rags I wore yesterday and gather around the town square where everyone babbles. Madness taking hold of them. We've all been exposed. All that is left is for these sadistic sonsabitches' to finish us off, but I'll be damned if I let it happen.

*cough - sputter - cough*

"Stringing up those slippery bastards who hide behind silence isn't the worst idea we can muster, and may be our only chance of getting valuable information before the night comes and they strike again."

##vote Propaganda Machine

"She's awfully quiet... too quiet."

##vote Tendai

Likely scum.

##vote gannyGrabber

For the assault on votefinder.

I agree on the flerp vote. He tried to stealthily just unvote. No explanation for either outside of the vote on kash being joking in nature.

##vote flerp

Grillary Clinton and Tendai I could get behind. I think Tendai more so.

##vote Tendai

More of a gutfeel than anything. The votes are null, but their play seems... off

Answering someone who asked about my gutfeel: I voted tendai because I thought there questions were a deceit. Appearing innocuous in order to disperse suspicion on them, but I'm thinking it may be genuine.

Although my gutfeel on Grillary Clinton stands. Even now most of the posts are devoid of content, and there doesn't seem to be any effort made in interpreting votes/posting as of yet. I'll have to read up on this Rurea v. Azuth business, but at work and don't have time to really delve into it just yet.

For now: ##vote Grillary Clinton this feels right.

I think bunnyofdoom and GrillaryClinton both appear scummy. Looking at their post history within the context of the game, it doesn't seem like they're actually playing it. bunnyofdoom in particular.

The rest of their posts are like this as well, kind of here, but not really and most certainly not relevant to anything.

I had a gut feeling about Grillary D1, and my suspicion on these two probably seems like a retaliatory OMGUS, but it's based entirely on their posting. Just have a look at their history over the game and tell me that they're playing a town game. Flerp, Azuth and Rurea all look significantly better than those two.

##vote bunnyofdoom

About this time AA really locks in on Azuth and basically tunnels him for dayd in a row

##vote Azuth over Rurea if the day is going to come down to Rurea v. Azuth v. Tendai

What I think happebed is AA peeked and poked through the early game being scartershot, but at this point thought he had a good chance of gettint Azuth dunked, which eventually happened.

The day after Azuth was lynched, AA received some ambiguous flavour on me which he immediately uses agianst me and places a vote

I heard Birdstrike mumbling something at the bar. Again, I have no abilities, and this is the first night I've received flavor text.

A summation of the PM I received was I was drinking at the bar. Birdstrike mumbled something I couldn't understand. I finished my drink and went home. There was no indication as to whether the drink was poisoned.

##vote Birdstrike

Night communication outside of a masonry seems like scumdoc territory to me, but this could just be WIFOM and as far as I know everything I received is flavor text. Still...

Note that AA doesm't actually ask me about that night before placing a vote, he thinks he has something to start a wagon on me but it fixzled out.

*Blows a bubble from pipe - eyes glaze over from pain killers*

So I just finished my reread and my suspicion lies heaviest on chaoslord, Birdstrike and Glowku.

But first some setup spec...

I think there are four scum. Probably not a 3P, and at least two doctors, town tracker??? and town roleblocker(maybe).

Scum has a poisoning mechanic, can nightkill and has a framer, maybe a ninja(depending on town tracker), maybe a godfather(if town has investigative)

---

chaoslord:
Relatively absent, but chimes in every now and again. D1 made a mostly empty vote on gannyGrabber defending Birdstrike and engages in Banter with him akin to that of Bird and Kash.

Also clearly didn't care that ganny would die D1, only wanted to make post count to avoid Modkill. Luminous pointed this out as well. Was on vacation, but still hasn't shown up much since. Made a vote on flerp and offered their own setup insight.

Birdstrike:
Other than the normal shitposting which acts as an intentional cloak. The player had a lot of suspect banter with Kashuno on D1 and Glowku.

Mayor Glowku:
A lot of poo poo votes on Glowku D1 left me curious as to his alignment. Additionally, he's been a relative lurker like chaoslord.

I feel strongest about chaoslord and Birdstrike, but I feel like chaoslord is the stronger vote of the two at the moment.

##vote Chaoslord

AA then pivots to a vote on Chaolsord. Note how he soft-cases Glowku and accuses him of being somilar to chaos, but this game has never voted him.

Busy at work right now.

I can get behind a TheDonPeters vote though.

Outside of that I'd vote Glowku as a close second.

Chaoslord is still suspicious, but his posting has dissuaded me of my stance on him somewhat.

##vote TheDonPeters

AA voted TDP which is in his favour.

##vote chaoslord

How is a claimed doctor not dead?

I think him and bunny might be running a gambit.

Bur the next day he vote Chaoslorf again, because in a game with probably 2 doctors it's somehow strsnge for only 1 doc to die?

##vote Rurea

Actually seems way scummier.

I don't understabd this vote.
Also note how of everyone, AA is vittually silent on Glowku, who is my No 1 scumpick.

I believe there is Glowku/AA scumteam left.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

vaniller town, sorry. I welcome the sweet *buuuurrrrrrrp* release of death from this hell

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

AA voted for nwarly everydamnone early on, which is fine incudling D1 and all, but the extent is greater than I am used to seeign:

About this time AA really locks in on Azuth and basically tunnels him for dayd in a row

What I think happebed is AA peeked and poked through the early game being scartershot, but at this point thought he had a good chance of gettint Azuth dunked, which eventually happened.

The day after Azuth was lynched, AA received some ambiguous flavour on me which he immediately uses agianst me and places a vote

Note that AA doesm't actually ask me about that night before placing a vote, he thinks he has something to start a wagon on me but it fixzled out.

AA then pivots to a vote on Chaolsord. Note how he soft-cases Glowku and accuses him of being somilar to chaos, but this game has never voted him.

AA voted TDP which is in his favour.

Bur the next day he vote Chaoslorf again, because in a game with probably 2 doctors it's somehow strsnge for only 1 doc to die?

I don't understabd this vote.
Also note how of everyone, AA is vittually silent on Glowku, who is my No 1 scumpick.

I believe there is Glowku/AA scumteam left.

Good job you can quote post histories. Day 1 should be removed from the record because that's mostly poo poo posting. My tone and play changed significantly after that. Azuth played like an idiot and I won't back pedal on my conviction because I was convinced he was scum along. Especially after Tendai made their post.

As for chaoslord, he spent the gsme doing nothing up until recently and I got shady flavor text about you at night in a game where I have no abilities, so yes I voted you.

You have it fixed in your narrative that I'm scum, but you're wrong. As far as my light casing on Glowku I didn't think they were scum, why would I push the vote on them when I didn't have a strong conviction on them. Also casing me for not casing Glowku more is moot without his flip, and I won't be voting him today because I think you and Rurea are the last two scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hey bird why did you not vote TDP yesterday?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

chaoslord posted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

chaoslord posted:

This is my last post from yesyerday.

Birdstrike posted:

I will be aslewp in not too long. You have until then to convimenve me about chaoslord

At the tome Glowku had 2 votes and TDP had 1.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 4

Mayor Glowku (2): Birdstrike, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Tendai, Tendai, Propaganda Machine
chaoslord (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Tendai
TheDonPeters (1): chaoslord
Propaganda Machine (1): Mayor Glowku
Birdstrike (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): bunnyofdoom, Rurea, TheDonPeters

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 06th, 2016 at 7 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 9 hours, 9 minutes.

While I was asleep everyone voted TzDP instead of Glowku

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

It has to be prop machine. I see no other way.

##VOTE propaganda machine

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Rurea posted:

This is a vote I can support

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rurea posted:

Mayor Glowku posted:

Stellar casework. I heartily commend you, though I do appreciate Glowku's consistency, at least. It doesn't make me feel much better about him, but at least he's not flailing about with votes all over the place like AA.

I almost wish I could say I'm sorry that I had another busy weekend. Taking a closer look.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Bird's case on AA is decent, and...

Good job you can quote post histories. Day 1 should be removed from the record because that's mostly poo poo posting. My tone and play changed significantly after that. Azuth played like an idiot and I won't back pedal on my conviction because I was convinced he was scum along. Especially after Tendai made their post.

As for chaoslord, he spent the gsme doing nothing up until recently and I got shady flavor text about you at night in a game where I have no abilities, so yes I voted you.

You have it fixed in your narrative that I'm scum, but you're wrong. As far as my light casing on Glowku I didn't think they were scum, why would I push the vote on them when I didn't have a strong conviction on them. Also casing me for not casing Glowku more is moot without his flip, and I won't be voting him today because I think you and Rurea are the last two scum.

This is as non-defense of a defense as I've ever seen. It says:

lol D1 was D1 don't count that

His point about the chaoslord vote doesn't even make sense. He voted bird based on flavor text, and, as bird pointed out, changed his vote onto chaos due to--wait for it--D1 posting.

Re: Glowku: "why would I push the vote on them when I didn't have a strong conviction on them," is kind of hilarious given that none of the dozen or so reads/votes he threw out were very well-substantiated. Not having thrown a vote that way is fishy at best, for either/both of them.

Bird makes note of the vote against TDP, but again I think there's a very high chance that a scumbro helped drive that lynch.

So, yeah. I think that post was more than just a massive recounting of AA's post history. It makes some decent points, the most glaring of which is the distancing from Glowku. Throwing out votes isn't great, but I don't like how AA makes token attempts at justifying them along the way. It's easier to shoot off one-liners than substantiate a poo poo case.

I'm not voting on him immediately, though. Rurea has said virtually/literally nothing all day (short of the vote claiming I must be scum), and Glowku has said...more today than any other day, but I'm wondering how his gassy post restriction magically disappeared, because, well, it looks like that's what happened and it rubs me the wrong way.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rurea's silence is getting me because he's come under a lot of suspicion today. Throwing out a lazy vote doesn't speak well against any of the thoughts against him.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

Rurea posted:

idgi

Mayor Glowku posted:

:rolleyes:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Though the fog had somewhat thinned over the past few days, Rurea began coughing up green smoke. It must be the result of penning up all the residual gases in the air in her lungs by not posting speaking much.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 9, 2016

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Propaganda Machine posted:

Rurea's silence is getting me because he's come under a lot of suspicion today. Throwing out a lazy vote doesn't speak well against any of the thoughts against him.
Or maybe I'm right and the thoughts against me are all wrong.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress you shadow ill post when I want to

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Rurea posted:

gently caress you shadow ill post when I want to

I'm not exactly supportive of Rurea this game given my case on her and b-strike, but shouldn't bunny also be gassed. Less posts.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm not exactly supportive of Rurea this game given my case on her and b-strike, but shouldn't bunny also be gassed. Less posts.

It's Dayly [sic].
bunnyofdoom has crossed the threshold for this Day, but not Rurea. (Incidentally, Rurea still hasn't passed it. This is the new lower threshold even.)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Your posts seem extremely contrived to me, and picking apart people's words is a great way for scum to look like they are doing something while implicating a town player.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mafia Edit: I'll be around for a few hours now to talk/post/whatever. hopefully our glorious leader spares me from the toxic gas chambers

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

This avatar brought to you by Mountain DewTM

Chaos, PM, why no votes yet? I still think AA is scummy as gently caress. I got no read on you PM, so, I am neutral either way.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Chaos, PM, why no votes yet? I still think AA is scummy as gently caress. I got no read on you PM, so, I am neutral either way.
It only takes 4 to lynch, so throwing your vote around on the wrong person can quickly get someone lynched before the day is over. Scum can win today if we pick the wrong person.

Which should also tell you something about the current vote leaders. If PM is town and Im wrong and im town, wouldnt the two scum be jumping on that to end the game?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##unvote

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Rurea posted:

It only takes 4 to lynch, so throwing your vote around on the wrong person can quickly get someone lynched before the day is over. Scum can win today if we pick the wrong person.

Which should also tell you something about the current vote leaders. If PM is town and Im wrong and im town, wouldnt the two scum be jumping on that to end the game?

Not necessarily. If, as per the supposition, you are scum then, you two voted for him, hoping two town would hop in and hammer. Doesn't prove or disprove you and PM

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop

Votecount for Day 5

Propaganda Machine (2): Rurea, Mayor Glowku
Mayor Glowku (1): Birdstrike
Anomalous Amalgam (1): bunnyofdoom
Rurea (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
chaoslord (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, chaoslord, Propaganda Machine

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 10th, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 11 hours, 21 minutes.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Not necessarily. If, as per the supposition, you are scum then, you two voted for him, hoping two town would hop in and hammer. Doesn't prove or disprove you and PM

I guess so. But I'm town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

We have some time, I'll wait to see if P Mach has anything to say.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

rurale jumps in with "it has to be p mach"

show your working, iduot

also scumku is already on that vote

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

show your working, iduot

I've been on that vote for days! Also brb final exams time

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

show your working, iduot

People who are suspicious of me for dumb flavor reasons are scum.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dumb flavor reasons being: that I said i was not explicitly told i was poisoned, but i received pms three nights in a row from the mod.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bunnyofdoom posted:

Knew I was gonna be busy over the weekend and wasn't super confident on anyone so didn't want to put a vote down.

Need to read more and watching Raw isn't helping that haha. I'm leaning glowku though. If I remember right (phone posting so not gonna go look it up right this moment) TDP voted me when glowku and myself were both at two votes. He posted he was suspicious of both of us but then ended up voting me. That's like scum distancing 101. Don't like it. But that's not enough for a vote.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

chaoslord posted:

Knew I was gonna be busy over the weekend and wasn't super confident on anyone so didn't want to put a vote down.

Need to read more and watching Raw isn't helping that haha. I'm leaning glowku though. If I remember right (phone posting so not gonna go look it up right this moment) TDP voted me when glowku and myself were both at two votes. He posted he was suspicious of both of us but then ended up voting me. That's like scum distancing 101. Don't like it. But that's not enough for a vote.

Lean me. Can't wait for the flip disappointment.

Considering I have literally never been scum I don't even know how i'd play

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Edit I misunderstood what you meant

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

Considering I have literally never been scum I don't even know how i'd play

It's showign

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

It's showign

hur hur hur. so fanny

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm torn between AA and Rurea for opposite reasons. AA's thrown so much poo poo at the wall that it's hard to see any real lines of logic or reasoning. It's almost like he's intentionally obsfucated his posting to make it hard to read. Then he mocked you when you went and tried to read it.

Rurea's pinged me on D2 from the dubious claim along with the other poison claims. It struck me as a lazy way to distract the doctor with a pointless task overnight. I think I've already said that before, but there you go. It also strikes me that short of the flimsy claim, the first post of any real substance is this one:

Rurea posted:

Sorry for being gone most of the weekend.

Like, okay, but...

quote:

In response to the people questioning my claim of being poisoned, I don't really understand what else you want from me? I received a PM that said I was chilling at my house and i was drinking my tea but it tasted kinda funny. That is all the information I received. I originally assumed it meant I was poisoned, but I didn't know people were explicitly told they were poisoned so who knows what it means?

Backpedalling. It could be genuine, but one way or the other it's careless and anti-town, because, again, it's confusing for the town doctor whether or not it was intentionally malicious.

Finally,

quote:

Yeah this bothers me a lot. I went back to look through their posts and there is nothing there. No content, no opinions, just posts made of poo poo. Azuth nothing you have done this game has convinced me you want the town to win.

##vote Azuth

But the exact same could be said of Rurea up to and including that point as well. Then it's a hard drive against the Azuth miscuddle. After he's dead, he turns right around with glib accusations against AA, for no stated reason though I guess maybe the thunderdome seemed like a good launching point.

Rurea posted:

You being town seems improbable IMO.

What even is that?

The last real run of content had him accusing TDP and then engaging him, and light-casing chaos for not posting enough. Superficially, it reads like a good exchange in which Rurea narrows down a good case against TDP. Curiously, though,

Rurea posted:

I think the best vote today is Mayor Glowku honestly

Rurea posted:

Let's do it.
##vote glowku

Rurea posted:

gently caress it, chaoslord lets win this game

##vote thedonpeters

Sprinkled through all that "hey I think these people may actually be scum" stuff, the first productive material he's offered all game, he votes for Glowku anyway and only switches to TDP when the writing is on the wall. I don't like this even a little bit.

Hilariously enough, it makes me feel better about Glowku.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Hilariously enough, it makes me feel better about Glowku.

I'm proud that I made a positive impression in some weird way. ##unvote

I like the insightful post that wasn't way overly tryhard. Admittedly I'm a bit lost onto who's even remotely scum in this game *urrrrpppp* (Forgot my PR, please don't modkill ;-;)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##vote P Mach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Fuckit. I'll be asleep at nightfall so pmach yiu raise good points and so ##vote rurea

Also AA voting for you apropos of nothing leads me feeling he's scum too

• Locked thread