Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Birdstrike posted:

I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

The best I really have at the moment is that AA's voting record, scattered and Azuth-tunnelling as it is, seems like there is belief behind the votes, especially on the latter days.

Whereas with Prop Machine, the votes she got on board for were flerp and rurea. Flerp was a candidate for a next day modkill, and it's easier in hindsight to justify voting Flerp for that reason. Rurea as well didn't really do any casing and was kind of antagonistic in defence, it looks like a relatively easy vote a scum could jump on.

At the same time however flerp was playing really scummy and even I got a bad read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Er nit flerp rurea. Mafia edit.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
What about TDP?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

What about TDP?

That.....that is a fair point.

May God have mercy on me for this
## unvote

## vote Prop Machine

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bunnyofdoom posted:

May God have mercy on me for this

also me please :ohdear:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:munch:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:suspense:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

:ghost::catstare::ghost:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Rurea posted:

:ghost:SpoooOOooOoookYyyYY:ghost:

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Propaganda Machine (3): Anomalous Amalgam, Birdstrike, bunnyofdoom
Anomalous Amalgam (1): bunnyofdoom, Propaganda Machine, bunnyofdoom

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 14th, 2016 at noon CEST -- that's in about 12 hours, 50 minutes.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
:redhammer:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Two factions formed. The town was completely divided. They knew they couldn't afford another mistake.

The finally, bunnyofdoom took a step over and faced Propaganda Machine, who now stood alone, the rest of the town now facing him.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey now... you're all making a mistake.

He looks cornered. He begins stepping backwards away from the townfolk now united to lynch him.

...I'm with you guys. I've lived here for years, remember? ...Tandai and I were good friends... ...grannyGabber and I would go hunting together... ...moneyofdoom, you remember, right?... Remember me?...

He continues stepping away from everyone, and then suddenly pulls out a pistol and tries to fire, but suddenly he looks startled, as if he had seen not just one ghost, but many, and he steps back and trips over one of the still unburied bodies and misses his shot.

The townsfolk pounce on him. He struggles to pull a vial of acid from his overcoat. He manages to uncork it in the struggle. He's too overpowered by the townsfolk and only manages to shake the liquid from the vial, splashing it everywhere. It lands on some townsmen's thick clothing, and some on his hands. It burns his hands, and the falls to the ground. He lets out a pained sound.

He's dragged up to the execution platform, unable to shake off the three townsmen.

It would have been the ultimate weapon! Why couldn't you all have died the first Night like you were supposed to?!

He yells and struggles as the noose is brought around his neck.

I hope you all choke on poison.

The lever is pulled, and his body drops. *SNAP!* His neck is broken, and his eyes go lifeless. He lets out a finally soft puff of green smoke.

Propaganda Machine, Scum-Aligned Poisoner, was lynched Day 7.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:dukedog:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The town just stares at his body swinging in the wind.

It was over. It was finally over.

Over the past few days, the fog had been clearing. In a few more days, it would probably be gone for good. They could finally attend to the bodies and begin rebuilding.

All scum players have been killed.

Town wins on Day 7!

Observer Doc

Scum Doc

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress I KNEW IT

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gg everyone. Thanks for running Shadow I had fun :)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah good game shad0w!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Epilogue:

Several Days pass, and the green poisonous fog clears.

The scum hideout was eventually found. Bombs, test tubes, beakers of acid, rudimentary gas masks, and all manner of deadly devices and contraptions were discovered, including the massive gas bomb set off on Night 0. Everything was successfully dismantled, and their work was destroyed. Monuments were built to honor the town and its heroes, and the bodies of the slain townsfolk were finally laid to rest.

In time, new settlers arrived. The empty homes were once again filled. The town grew and prospered, becoming the beloved all-American town known as Reform, Alabama - where one day, a hero would be born and a legend begun.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 13, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Well, poo poo, I am so glad I made that switch.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you for not letting scum lurk to victory :h:

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
A Good Game. Thanks for the fun

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gj gang

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Thanks, Shadow! The flavor was so much fun :3:

I did what I could, but what can I say. Losing a scumbro poisoner to a D1 vig was rough. Good job, everyone.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

We did it boys!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Thanks, Shadow! The flavor was so much fun :3:

I did what I could, but what can I say. Losing a scumbro poisoner to a D1 vig was rough. Good job, everyone.

haha!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
good work fam. Great game shadow had fun reading along

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

good work fam. Great game shadow had fun reading along

WHERES THE CUM DOC

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mayor Glowku posted:

WHERES THE CUM DOC

:yikes:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mayor Glowku posted:

WHERES THE CUM DOC

O-Oh... That's supposed to be scum

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mayor Glowku posted:

O-Oh... That's supposed to be scum

Yeah, I've heard gross things happen when you let it fester for a week or two.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I've heard gross things happen when you let it fester for a week or two.

Yeah, especially if you don't refrigerate it.

There's another doc coming so don't forget about this thread. I should have it done by the end of the weekend.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm really glad everyone liked the flavor. I was a bit worried, especially when I made your characters do dumb things. O:-)

I have learned in this process how awful I am at writing, haha.

What was everyone's opinions on the Paranoia PMs? After I sent out the first wave of them and almost got Azuth0667 killed, I started to worry that as the mod, I was intervening too much.

If people liked it, I might use it again one day, but not for the next few at least. Depends on the setting.

Also, sorry again to Moatillata. I got too heavy-handed with the modkilling. I was drunk on flavor power and decided you'd be dead by the time TheDonPeters showed up anyway, so I didn't even mention him in your PM.

I thought it was really funny that Azuth0667 (I think) claimed mods never killed anyone while I was scrambling to cover up why Moatillata was confused on his death without revealing that he was a power role (since he was obviously modkilled for not doing his Night action). No one claimed any roles though, so I guess it didn't actually matter.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also also, thanks a lot, gannyGrabber, for murdering my other Poisoner Day 1! >:( Haha

Not even one person died of poison the entire game! T.T
The Doctors were crazy lucky or coordinated or something...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Shadow0 posted:

What was everyone's opinions on the Paranoia PMs?

Probably should have taken better advantage of them! By the time I caught on it was a super-weak end-game ploy.

Ultimately, if I mayyyy...

I don't think I've seen the poison mechanic before? It was a fun ploy and definitely seems to give scum an edge. Again, if scum had been more clever in working with the paranoia PMs, that could also have been a boon, but neither poison nor paranoia panned out for us in the end.

That said, of course, getting a town win with four alive can't speak too badly of things. Like I said, losing a poisoner after the first day really tied our hands, and that's not your fault. But with two poisoners v. two doctors... well, yes. I think it's a really fun, clever concept. I hope you take another go at it with this first one in mind.

With a game this big, I was actually surprised not to find a 3p.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

With a game this big, I was actually surprised not to find a 3p.

Yeah, I wanted to keep it really role-light. I only added the Hunter at the very last minute because I thought it'd be funny after what gannyGrabber had been saying. I never expected him to use it so well.

I expected the town and scum to assume there'd be more roles. And I'm really surprised scum never tried claiming Tracker or anything, especially after killing and janitoring the only one Night 1.

I was also surprised how long it took everyone to catch onto the Paranoia PMs. Some people still didn't catch on even until the end. I think Anomalous Anagram was still trying to figure out if hearing Birdstrike at the bar meant anything.

Really, if you thought about it meta-y, VT weren't expecting to get PMs, so of course they'd post if they got weird flavor, so it was a huge sign someone was town. I realized this after I sent them and panicked that I leaked a huge clue. Someone with a Night action would, even if they had received a weird PM, probably be more reluctant to say anything.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow0 posted:

Yeah, I wanted to keep it really role-light. I only added the Hunter at the very last minute because I thought it'd be funny after what gannyGrabber had been saying. I never expected him to use it so well.

Nobody expects the gannish inquisition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Shadow0 posted:

Yeah, I wanted to keep it really role-light.

Roles are one thing, but alignment can be another. My nerd brain half-expected a 3p poisoner or survivor or something :v:

• Locked thread