Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

*takes a long, hard swig of the Kool-aid*

Tastes find to me.

(I'm in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

They are all dead. Every goddamn one of them.

I awoke, coughing and spluttering; my lungs burning. Half remembered dream still burned into my mind- a jeering face familiar but wrong. I reach over for Sarah. Once again, something is wrong. No movement. Cold. I know in an instant. I screw my eyes shut and open them. Nothing changes....A strange humour hangs about the room; slowly receding to the floor. It entices me to follow....The scene is the same in kids room. Jonathan and Mary. You would almost think they were asleep. I tuck them in and place a gentle kiss on each child. The care and hope for the futrure buried under blankets and furs...I wander through the house in a daze, my head still fogged. Scene from my life; what we have built, flee from me. The fireplace is cold, the flames gone. The trophies on the wall jeer at me. They know a secret that I don't know. As blood from a wound, my grief seeps out. Only anger is left. I step outside to face my invisble assailant. I can see figures in the haze.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

*eyes the growing crowd in the town square*

There's an awful lot of shouting and accusing going on around here... Now I say we take this slow and neighborly.

*places a wad of chewing tobacco in his lip*

The way I see it, we all suffered loss today. I know we all have our ways of dealing with things but all this shouting and carrying on isn't going to solve a Goddamned thing. You all know me, I've been here drat near 10 years. I can help us figure this out, I helped out more than enough of you when times were lean.

*spits, stares at the ground with intensity*

I want to find the sonofabitch that did this.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

TheDonPeters posted:

I don't know you from jack with these hoods and masks on, it's worse then last years solstice orgy.

*gose back into butchers to get supper ready*

Bullshit, you just dressed an' butchered a buck I brought in 2 weeks ago.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

*shakes his head regretfully*

I have no goddamned idea what you all are talkin about. Sitting around reading these books vertically.... My son would spout his nonsens---

*cuts off, stares down, wrestling to control his emotions*

Look. All I'm saying is that this is gettin us nowhere. I'm a simple guy. Lived a simple life. A happy one. The only thing left me now is to pursue these sonsofbitches. Let's try and right these wrongs.

*spits*

All I'm saying is we should come to a consensus here.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*clears throat*

That's a swell idea, but how we gon' go about it. All this here talk about Annie-Mae. She sounds sweet, but there's real danger out here. Our lives are on the line!

*slams fist into wooden post*

Finally.. Someone I can talk to. Listen, I don't have much in the way of "people sense". I'm more of a loner myself. It happens when you spend so much time in the woods. My bets are on the ones who don't seem to care. Like they knew what they were about the lose and just didn't give a drat.

*spits*

I think they call em socialpaths

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Found a scum.

I don't take kindly to your words mister. I've lost more than you can believe in this mess and that you have the sand to call me one of these goddamned murderers more than sets my blood to boiling.

*spits, takes moment to regain composure*

Matthew 7:1-3

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Straight from the good book. I suggest you pay heed before you accuse this honest man looking for justice to be served in the name of his wife and two children.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

bunnyofdoom posted:

You lads know me. The friend bar keep and alderman. You all drink at my bar. Now no one comes at night and those drat poisoners did something to my kegs. I ain't got no truck with that Japan stuff but we need to get these sumbitches so I can reopen.

Friend, I could use a whiskey right now.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Lynch me, I've been poisoned by the anime

Now fella, I may have lost my temper with you but I'm not fixing to kill an innocent man. You sure you want that?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Now, now. Let's hear the little bird out. (Am I talking to a bird right now? Jeeesus I am losing it)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The damp air of the forest feels cool on my skin. I am crouched low, watching the copse to the east. My rifle is at a low ready, waiting. I saw the buck go in. Just a matter of waiting for a clear shot. I glance behind me. Jonathan hunches; eyes wide, dark and round. His fear is palpable. He begins to open his mouth; another plea. I motion sharply for silence. He immediately closes his mouth. I feel for the boy, I truly do. It is hard to learn a man's work. He can't hesitate. He can't waver. I see his lip begin to quiver and I feel a flash of annoyance. He needs to learn the way of things. He will witness this kill and he will kill himself. He will be strong and raise his own family and provide and surivive. Trim the fat from his soul and become a better man for it. I turn my attention back to the woods and I see it. The slow cautious steps of the buck as he emerges. I begin to raise my rifle. Taking a deep breath, slowly releasing, eye down the sights---

SNAP

The buck rushes off like the start of a race. I take a shot. I miss. Furious I turn round and find Jonathan. Holding a broken twig; Tears streaming down his face with his jaw set. I curse loudly and throw down my rifle. I turn back. Jonathan has the head of a stag. He grows suddenly, looming larger than life. He reaches out with the arms of a giant and grabs me by the throat. I can't breath. I can hear laughing. Screaming. I am clawing, choking. Dying.

*wakes up in a cold sweat*

Sorry fellas, I must have dozed off.

*coughing*

Looking around, I see one of us that seems dead set on making trouble. Now whether that means he's behind this mess or maybe just a bit touched; who knows. I'll toss my hat in the ring for this one.

##vote: Gannygrabber

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Tbh I wanna lynch gannyGrabber to keep his vote finder spam down

I reckon the same as this fella. I spose that is somewhat hasty of me though.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:ghost:mod killed for inactivity:ghost:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:ghost:it was a mod kill guys, I didn't post enough:ghost:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:ghost:he's asleeeeeeeep. Trust me I'm pissed. I would fullclaim and then post the PM but I do want to be black balled from these games:ghost:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:ghost:don't*:ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:ghost:*crosses over into the light feeling like a real prize rear end in a top hat taking back everything he said....*:ghost:

• Locked thread