Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which should I get?
Deep fried pickles (5 spears)
Onion rings
Jalapeno Poppers (6)
View Results

• Locked thread
ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And queso fresco! :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Well? What did you get? Was it good?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the best cheese comes in paint cans and has the consistency of paint and is the color of bright yellow paint

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Enfield posted:

the best cheese comes in paint cans and has the consistency of paint and is the color of bright yellow paint

I hate to break this to you, my friend, but I think you might have been eating paint. :ohdear:

satanic splash-back posted:

Well? What did you get? Was it good?

I got the pickles with wings and these shoestring fries. It was good.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Enfield posted:

Its the best tasting

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I hate to break this to you, my friend, but I think you might have been eating paint. :ohdear:

I got the pickles with wings and these shoestring fries. It was good.

Just lol that you can't afford artisanal cheese.

Just another poor blowing his money on fried food itt.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

onion rings are hit or miss. pickles are nothing to write home about. HAHlapeenYO poppers combine the spiciness of a pepper with the delightful fat content of cream cheese. they are exciting on two levels, and highly recommended.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

onion rings are hit or miss. pickles are nothing to write home about. HAHlapeenYO poppers combine the spiciness of a pepper with the delightful fat content of cream cheese. they are exciting on two levels, and highly recommended.

yeah unlike your posts. *does an angry and incredibly sexual wardance*

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i am angry, but all my orifices are lubricating :confused:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

No need to worry unless you spontaneously lactate.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

It's worse than you think. Some places use, like, off brand cheese whiz type filling.

Ones with real cheddar are awesome.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Perfectly normal where jalapeno poppers are concerned.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Answer's always pickles. gently caress the haters, pickles own. Pickles.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i live in the south I can order an appetizer that features 3 pounds of each and its buy one get one free if I order two

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I've never had fried pickles, are they good?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I've never had fried pickles, are they good?

In general, they range from kinda lousy, to crazy good, depending on how and where they are done. When you find good ones, they are really good.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Fried pickles sound like a waste imo. I bet deep frying robs the cukes of their light, crisp texture. Maybe if you fry pickles made from another, mushier vegetable it would be ok.

ps I voted for onion rings

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 25, 2016

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

you forgot a large soft pretzel, op

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Absolute Lithops posted:

Fried pickles sound like a waste imo. I bet deep frying robs the cukes of their light, crisp texture. Maybe if you fry pickles made from another, mushier vegetable it would be ok.

ps I voted for onion rings

Actually, done right, they work surprisingly well! They keep the pickle crunch, and feel fairly light, but also have the thin breading.

Business Gorillas posted:

you forgot a large soft pretzel, op

There is not a place in this city that sells large soft pretzels, and there hasn't been for about a decade. I know, because I loved them, and the last place closed down that long ago. I took a trip to the states a couple years ago, and there was a place that only sold large soft pretzels. It was honestly probably one of the high points.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 25, 2016

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Tiberius Thyben posted:

It's worse than you think. Some places use, like, off brand cheese whiz type filling.

That is a war crime.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mozzarella cheese sticks. Always.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Okra, duh.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

symbolic posted:

well then onion rings it is

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Yo, this is a legit suggestion.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

i do my best to keep healthy and eat right but will destroy an entire plate of fresh fried okra, it's worth it

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Poppers all loving day.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Malinois posted:

i do my best to keep healthy and eat right but will destroy an entire plate of fresh fried okra, it's worth it

Fuckin hell :same:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Famine Poodle posted:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Deep fried pickles just end up being way too salty. They're decent as part of a "combo" platter but poo poo otherwise

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

A big mouth full of pussy

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
https://youtu.be/XJ9USt9drkc

This is a very nice video recipe for Deep Fried Pickles. I think I'm going to make this tomorrow. I don't think I've ever had it.

It uses dill pickles, so I should probably get some dill pickles tomorrow. But I'm also going to be wanting some sort of sauce or dip, you know, to dunk them in.
What's the best dip to dunk deep fried dill pickles in?

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Are nachos an appetizer? Last 3 bars I went to had them in the same section as poppers and zucchini. I split an order and only a big fatty fat fat would've considered that meal an appetizer.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

autoaim.cfg posted:

This is a very nice video recipe for Deep Fried Pickles. I think I'm going to make this tomorrow. I don't think I've ever had it.

It uses dill pickles, so I should probably get some dill pickles tomorrow. But I'm also going to be wanting some sort of sauce or dip, you know, to dunk them in.

Ranch nigga

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

tRIDAV posted:

Are nachos an appetizer? Last 3 bars I went to had them in the same section as poppers and zucchini. I split an order and only a big fatty fat fat would've considered that meal an appetizer.

This is every place on Earth.

The nachos are almost always the best price/calorie item on the menu.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Famine Poodle posted:

Unless there's mozzarella cheese sticks.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

autoaim.cfg posted:

A light dill dip to pair with the pickles.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
jalapeno poppers are the best when done correctly but they tend to give me a wicked case of the fire snakes

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Jalapeno poppers are loving DISGUSTING.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

fried pickles look lovely. pickle o's 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Unless there's mozzarella cheese sticks.

Half mozzi sticks and half those little things that look like tator tots but have cheddar in the middle. Thats livin.

• Locked thread