Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

13Pandora13 posted:

Wat the gently caress did I just witness :psyduck:

Corporate. You just witnessed corporate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Cojawfee posted:

Jian Yang makes some kind of app that helps people squat on other people's property.

Some sort of reverse airBnB?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Why can't the team negotiate a bunch of drone engineers to build the wage slave box while the core group continues their revolutionary platform? Or is that too simple for a TV solution.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I've lost track of how the board of pied piper works at this point. I know Monica is in one of the Raviga seats, but she's on the board by name. How can Laurie just replace her directly on the board? Richard, Erlich, and Monica make three votes to not replace Monica as a board member. Laurie could still exit Monica from Raviga but she's still legally have the seat right?

All irrelevant now but anyone understand this better than me?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Y-Hat posted:

T.J. Miller got a case of Pliny the Elder for this episode, because of course he did.

So jealous, and I'm assuming that was a real case that TJ Miller actually bought, then probably drank and gave away to the rest of the people on set because he is awesome. This is my headcannon.

gohmak posted:

Did Big Head violate his NDA by going to the press? He's going to lose the 20mil isn't he?

The NDA was more about what he did, which was nothing.

wide stance posted:

Jared still has the best jokes and Laurie is still a comedy black hole. Holy poo poo she's bad.

I like Laurie 80% of the time. Even when her comedy falls short I still appreciate how authentic her actress's delivery is.

Zero One posted:

I love the show but I feel like it's just going in circles. How many times can the keep going back to the core team and the house?

If they want to expand their satire of SV they need to move on. Otherwise they'll keep retracing the same stories.

I'm really hoping that in order to get the 3M and stay solvent they need to build the box anyway. Except now they have no sales and marketing team to spread it around so they have to do it themselves and get to explore that side of SV culture, but with the core cast. Then Gilfoyle sends an email to some other sysop he knows who then orders 100 boxes for "insert name of big company" and all of a sudden they're on the map again. The boxes provide a relief from the money crunch and they can finally move out of the house to a compact homely office and move to tier 2 funding.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Jarad continues to be the best.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
On the contrary, I'm pretty sure Erlich rage quitting will leave Big Head as the sole beneficiary of the multimillion dollar revenue stream that blog will soon have.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

John Big Booty posted:

code:
if (something) {
	feh();
}

This is the correct way

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Konsek posted:

Imagine four spaces on the edge of a cliff...

:perfect:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So will Dinnesh have coded in an awful bug that will kill the initial rollout?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

The Dave posted:

How old are you? I'm genuinely asking that. From what I've seen older people seem to only think of snapchat as a sext app, but younger people use it as a primary means of communication.

Pretty much everyone in the 18-30 age bracket that I know uses it publicly to essentially attach a face snap to a short text message. It adds some personality to the conversation. People can send coy/teasing snaps that aren't outright scandalous and not have to worry about people saving them. The other reason I think its popular is because its much more like having a real conversation, where you don't have a visual record of every word and facial expression, they're transient experiences and part of the charm. Now in private its still used for inappropriate pictures.

Ive gotten to the point where small talk conversations are exclusively snap, event planning is text, and any ongoing continuous conversations jump between the two while being mostly text.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

tarlibone posted:

Have you guys seen the video for Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up?"

You should check it out. It's pretty cool.

:perfect:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Eegah! posted:

If you actually search eric blachman in google you get the article from the show.

http://www.coderag.com/is-erlich-bachman-the-dumbest-man-in-tech/

The comments are the best part.

And the comments section actually might work?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Jarad with the Saveeeeeee!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

nexus6 posted:

I don't think all the Endframe people quit, just their top guys. I think they'll have enough people left that know middle-out well enough to out-compete existing data storage boxes, even if it doesn't run 200MB/sec.

I don't know why they picked that number. Yeah it sounds fast to most people but they go to extreme lengths to have good tech accuracy. Like if they were aiming for that originally (Since thats a great number for GbE connections) and had Gilfoyle admit he made it fast enough to handle 40GbE.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Mustache Ride posted:

Didn't they have a scene where Gilfoyle turned off God Mode right before they went to production?

That was him turning off the local servers as they shifted everything to Amazon Web Service. I assume they also took out Godmode from the production because that's one of those things that people generally frown on from a privacy & security standpoint.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Big Head or Big Heads dad buys pied piper?

Edit; Not entirely wrong!

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 27, 2016

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

GobiasIndustries posted:

"Richard, You are a Bad Guy" pretty much has to be in the new thread title right???

See I was more chuckling at "You're wearing the same outfits and are saying Rad now? Really!?"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I got another friend watching this today.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Plucky Brit posted:

Also Jared calculating the potential fine, and having to move the phone's calculator to landscape to read it properly.

Small details like this just add so much

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Actually Hooli gobbling up piper chat probably gives them the chance to renegotiate the 'licensing fee'. Just like Richard giving the license to them for free was informal. The user base is now folded into hooli chat but if they want the good compression they'll have to pay.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah I think all they're doing is throwing it up just high enough so that it doesn't flip to the other color, and they made a stupid "game" and chant out of that. They made a game out of playing with a silly toy ball the wrong way.

The game looks like you need to throw it hard enough to make it flip and then flip back, since from the slowmo video it seems like even a little nudge will start the first transition.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Gorn Myson posted:

What I hope is that people love his lectures and this leads to further opportunities for him.

Big Head accidentally becomes the Feynman of computer science lectures. Everybody wants to hear him talk, because he explains things "down to earth". Granted Big Head doesn't actually know what he's talking about, but his insights are 'profound' for those listening.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Binary Logic posted:

Last week's obsession was on the Always Blue ball. But what is this?

Not, 'what is it?", but like, why is it? Who came up with it. What is the point or rationale. Do they ride it until they crash into something. Anyone here have personal experience riding the teamcycle or whatever it is called. What is it called.

Don't tell me to google it, don't want to use it for this.

One person steers, they generally have the seat in the "back" thats slightly elevated. Its kinda fun, and the best ones have minibars in the center with someone who knows the area steering while the drunk people just peddle. (The driver also has a clutch to disconnect everybody peddling so he can stop the bike)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Not a hotdog...

Good so long as Bighead keeps falling up

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, I could barely get through 1 episode.

But now it's a super hit with everyone.

Just watch episodes 5,6,8, & 9 (Meeseeks and destroy, Rick Potion #9, Rixty Minutes, and Something Ricked this way comes)

They build on each other and the pilot episode is really the only one with all the belching

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Another good episode.

I hope Mia's phone root picked up on that final conversation so she finds out when she posts bail/gets out of jail

Also more Russ again!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You can't sand the corners off of comedy for the sake of sensitivity. A lot of comedy comes from awkward cultural bits like racism; and equally comedy allows us to discuss issues like racism in the real world that they're parodying. As soon as racism is dead in reality then we can start taking issue with its perpetuation in comedy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Solice Kirsk posted:

Old Rasputin and Dragon's Milk are my two favorite Imperial Stouts.

My friend, let me introduce you to blaecorn unidragon

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 11, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Cojawfee posted:

I'm thinking it will be more them getting people to install the app.

Erlich finally gets to live up to his potential of jacking off every dude in the convention center.

Jared will handle the ladies

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
On the real world side I built a $1200 PC. (MicroITX, i7 6800k, gtx 1070, etc. I know my hardware) and it runs a Vive with no issues. It's glorious, I just want developers to make more games for it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Love the running gag of guessing the wrong way Richard is coming in the house.

TMI, there is already too much fornication in that nerd demesne.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Jeoh posted:

What if they are also compressing the batteries, huh?

Tag season 5 spoilers for the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Hopefully that last scene means that they've accepted they can't do the garage startup think any more and are now going to be the scrappy underdog funded startup that challenges google Hooli

• Locked thread