Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Monica has very little narrative agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I think what this sets up is that the whole company is pointless without its engineers. Richard, Gilfoyle, and Dinesh are the only three people not employed by Endframe who have any sort of comprehension of how the technology works. If Jack fires them, or pushes them to quit, he basically has a sales staff and an IP that nobody actually understands how to use.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jack was ultimately another Russ Hanneman, interested only in a quick payout and not in actually building anything or establishing long-term viability.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Don't forget about the Venture Brothers "Get their clothes/clones."

The rare occasion where the mishearing would have been, ultimately, plausible.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Rexides posted:

Guilty as charged

drat, I was going to acquit.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

There's a bit of legal boilerplate called a severability clause that basically says "if any part of this contract is invalidated, the rest stands"'. They exist to prevent the season 2 finale from happening.

(Also if you're the party with more power in the negotiation you can pull stuff like sticking blatantly illegal and unenforceable clauses in your contacts without endangering the contract itself when one of your, say, tenants gets wise and sues your rear end.)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

He and TJ Miller were great in that episode of The League where they were cult members.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Erlich is reminding me of Taco from later seasons of The League, when they lost track of how to write him as thoughtless and tactless but not actively malevolent and turned him into an aggressive rear end in a top hat.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I knew Monica had bad news about the beta when I realized she was wearing the same beige sweater she wears (at Laurie's advice) to give the team bad news back in season 2.

e: :argh:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Rexides posted:

I bet he has also set it to DVORAK.

The keycaps are still in QWERTY layout, of course...

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Avasculous posted:

What the hell do CEOs on rollerskates have to do with Silicon Valley? Is there a connection?

I would guess there's an essay somewhere that explains it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I legitimately don't understand how the response to "our UX is garbage" isn't "hire a UX team".

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Echo Chamber posted:

There just needs to be more scenes of Zach Woods and Martin Starr with no one else.

I'm glad that Richard storming into the focus group wasn't just an opportunity for cringe humor, but actually did show that ordinary users could "get" the platform.

I read the Bernice thing as a red herring. We were led to believe they'll hire her as a spokesperson for the platform; only to reveal Jared hired a clickfarm.

I like how they showed that the ordinary users aren't stupid, they're just being very badly communicated to. Of course, the kind of communication they should be receiving is the UI's job...

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I assume firing Patrice is going to bite Gavin in the rear end somehow.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Well that's some good news! Wish it wasn't two months out.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Caphi posted:

So they're trying to build an alternative to IP and then reboot the ISP industry with a monopoly on address access?

Basically his business model is to get everybody to use his internet instead, which he can then collect rents on.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Looking forward to this way more than Game of Thrones.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The full-on callback to the Hooli Phone focus group was great.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

El Pato posted:

Jared saying pussy, as one of the topics they can talk about, was the best for me.

He does gently caress, after all.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Also they're generally high when they play that game.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

One person steers, they generally have the seat in the "back" thats slightly elevated. Its kinda fun, and the best ones have minibars in the center with someone who knows the area steering while the drunk people just peddle. (The driver also has a clutch to disconnect everybody peddling so he can stop the bike)

I saw one of these pedaling around Asheville a couple of years ago. I dunno what kind of liquor license you have to have to sell alcohol under those circumstances.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Red Oktober posted:

And for some odd reason, in Germany you get breathalysed before getting on them.

Operating a bicycle while intoxicated is DUI, at least in the states, though it doesn't really make sense on one of these for that to apply to anybody but the person steering.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Late-era Peggy episodes lean hard into her worse qualities until she's just an oblivious rear end in a top hat all the time instead of being just kind of conceited.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Loved how the only problem with the blood boy's pot habit was the high cholesterol from all the munchies food, not the pot itself. :allears:

I want to believe that Gavin's enthusiasm after the transfusion is due to a sudden spike in blood sugar.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

priznat posted:

Ah, a perl coder. Don't see many of you guys these days!

perl: the only language which looks the same before and after being encrypted.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

TJ Miller was also great on Gravity Falls as Robbie.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Old Rasputin and Dragon's Milk are my two favorite Imperial Stouts.

Dragon's Milk pours like goddamned motor oil and is simply amazing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

Have you had Old Viscosity from Port Brewing?

I haven't, but the beer advocate review makes it sound fantastic.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

jon joe posted:

What is it with these stupid theories? Jared and Ed Chambers are nothing alike, how could you possibly think they're the same person?

Okay but which one is Glory and which is Ben?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I hope someone forges a name change petition for Donald and he is forced to be Ed permanently

For his own good, surely.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

There used to be a service where you could share files with the rest of the network in exchange for devoting a chunk of your hard drive to an encrypted portion of the network's files, with no way of knowing what that chunk contained. Guess what kind of files that service was full of.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The insurance industry is long accustomed to talking in money and delivering nothing, so they're a perfect fit with silicon valley.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Hey, Session 9 was good, that's, uh, something.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

priznat posted:

It gave us fuckyou.gif, which rules. Phone posting or I'd find it.

But still a pretty small flick. His best film appearance is in Mad Dog and Glory, imo.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Medullah posted:

I still love "Anton died so we could live." "Like Jesus!" "...gently caress"

This was my favorite joke of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

TJ's comedy special is on HBO now and it's pretty good.

• Locked thread