Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lycus posted:

Curious as to why Gilfoyle doesn't just go back to quitting.

Maybe Jack blackballs them in the industry. Let's slip that his engineer team tried to mutiny(hey another show reference!) and nobody will hire them. All the recruitment stops, which actually works out in Richard's favour since now his team can't leave and they're free to do their double secret omega bluff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

White Noise Marine posted:

I don't think it was ever there.

his was just a blank page last time I saw the site. is he removed entirely now?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mister Fister posted:

Was that bighead at the end?

lmao look at that house, you just know it is

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ApathyGifted posted:

1) He tripped right in front of the group of people most likely to go whining to daddy (which is literally anyone in the office not part of the core cast).
2) They apparently printed "SKUNKWORKS" right at the top of the page because that's the first thing the guy read.
3) The one that no one has mentioned apparently: Richard trips because he's distracted by Jared's really, really off-color joke, which itself is completely out of place because up until then he was actually killing it with the chain insults at Dinesh. Even without the historical and movie references that back it up, that moment was so out-of-place in a show where the comedy and awkwardness are so tightly performed that it just doesn't FEEL like it's being played straight.

4) (my favourite little catch so far) Elrich mentions gaining the janitor as an ally in the previous episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
by the end of the season that chair will be on the cover of TIME

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chris Knight posted:

I was dying at that. Fuckin perfect Erlich.

Perfect in general. I've had nights where it was quicker to just hand a pen and paper around the table to get ideas across. Of course we just hacked through half sentences like he did.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Echo Chamber posted:

The fish tank was also left in the office. Not sure if there were other fish besides the one that was dead and removed.

The fish probably come with a ridiculous maintenance schedule that Jared will happily take over.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Bighead probably can't join pied piper without forfeiting his contract with Hooli.

However unrealistic, Gavin will see it as a power move and let him keep it all as some sort of parry. Bighead will always fail upwards.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It is quite frankly embarrassing how none of you have picked up on the fact that Richard is clearly the Gohan of this story. How powers don't work until he gets super extra double pissed off and cornered.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gilfoyle was savage this episode. "I'm on the fence. Which do you think it is?"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mrmcd posted:

Truth, brother.

Also,

"There was a time a hundred years ago people like me could have people like that killed."

:stare:

"I mean, hypothetically."

"...or do I...."

That back and forth was awesome, he just wanted someone in the room to give him a sly nod or something.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Solice Kirsk posted:

All I learned is that real life IT guys are even more insufferable than a show about lambasting them.

nobodys this insufferable in person because it would require confrontation. thats what slack/irc really is, digital passive agressive notes left above the coffee maker.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

victorious posted:

So good to see Russ back, his nonchalant biting of the apple and flicking it into the queue of people in the hotel was perfect.

His head bob after the apple thing went wrong almost made me piss myself. Such a perfect charicature of a young rich rear end.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It also seemed like in season 1 they were potentially positioning him to be a petty dick who wanted revenge on his friends for pushing him out. But nope he just swung by the 7-11, got a refill, and moved on.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Sounds like something they should have used on the show.

ah probably a little too unrealistic. reality is stranger than fiction, I like to say

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MiddleOne posted:

What is this ceo on rollerblades thing everyone keeps referring to?

literally spoilers for next season, idk how anybody is avoiding probations for not using tags.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Logic posted:

I really liked that episode.

"Access your files without taking up space on your devices" isn't the problem. This is.

Let's Go!

It's both things though since they also showed Richard successfully explaining the other issue to the focus group. I actually find that complicated gordian knot interface the most unbelievable part of the entire thing. Young SV guys in 2016? making a dumbed down giant bubble text/huge logo/2 checkboxes and a submit button splash page should have been their exact first move.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Solice Kirsk posted:

I still have a bad feeling they're gonna start that garbage up again this next season. I hope Monica winds up with Gabe though.

no single lover could ever tame gabe

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Colonel Whitey posted:

Because he's a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat. He would have come across as the dickhead if he just put his foot down and said "no, we're going to Moffatt" and he's more comfortable being in a position where he's been wronged somehow.

And Jack could easily have done the same thing about his new office. They're both passive aggressive weiners.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GobiasIndustries posted:

Lets gently caress this thing right in the pussy!
He says, outside of an elementary school.

And somehow Russ is one of the most level-headed dudes in the episode.

I loved Richard warning everybody that he was going to burn out.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gorn Myson posted:

What I hope is that people love his lectures and this leads to further opportunities for him.

Are you kidding me? People will HATE his lectures, so they will find a better place for him as head of the department.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
More Jian-Yang:

https://twitter.com/TechAtBloomberg/status/863944535419666432

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

It seems pretty sophisticated. I tried to make my fingers look like a hot dog in a bun and it was not fooled. It was 3 for 3 on pictures of hot dogs I showed it from a Google image search of a nearby hot dog restaurant.

oh, the underlying tech is solid.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Clone high is probably the best concept for a TV show to ever be pitched. The fact that we even got a season is a blessing.

Also you guys are forgetting Mission Hill, which could re-air today and you'd think it was a brand new show. It has aged really well, my favourite animated show of all time. it's one of the few physical pieces of media i own, and I keep it alongside books because thats where it belongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ZMw4y9rV0

I don't think it's FILESZZZ to link to the pilot of a ~20 year old cartoon show FIGHT ME

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 17, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pharmaskittle posted:

The other guy Justin Roiland (sp?) is, if you've ever heard an interview with him, also a total brokebrain. It's a wonder the show hasn't self destructed already.

mr. burns germs stuck in door frame dot gif

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
probably making 10x more money sitting in a voice booth

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cojawfee posted:

Did he decide to leave or did they decide for him to leave? My favorite moment is his long rant where he was guessing what old people things Jack Barker liked.

FYI if you havent seen it there is a longer uncut version of that online and I remember it being minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_DSOnOQnuk

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe Richards internet will auto filter TV show spoilers

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cojawfee posted:

Turns out people live in Indianapolis without going to the Indy 500.

lmao yeah sure

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Didn't Osment play the exact same character in the terrible Entourage movie?

lmao if entourage and silicon valley are an extended universe

it would kinda work

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EugeneJ posted:

"Richard gets da funding!" is the new "Vinnie makes da movie!"

they need to get john mcaffee or an analog of him on the show as an antagonistic neighbour like busey

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kiimo posted:

So they're going to give free phones to everyone at hoolicon I'm assuming with their algorithm pre-loaded. Remember how pissed people got when they had to have a U2 album on their phone?

But the internet 2.0 is integrated into the PP source code isnt it? Which is now being used in every device that will be running Feldspar's VR demo? Perhaps every Hooli-OS machine? So all they have to do is tell everybody there is a new, faster, free internet, and if you've tried this hot new VR demo it's already on your phones and a government can never censor it or shut it down.

it's like if they managed to backdoor their thing into the newest Android release but it wasn't really done in a shady way, just android overlooking their newly acquired code

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 12, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Dave posted:

No, the integration with PP died with the deal and Hooli's middle-out compression is running it now.

Ah, I figured they were going to use the internet 2 networking stuff to set up some "crowd-source the graphics!!" thing after Laurie explained the demo can only be run well on a supercomputer.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mcbexx posted:

I found him in the movie "The Belko Experiment" the other day.
(It did not end well for him)
Belko Experiment was "oh hey it's that guy!" the movie
his head certainly expanded but immediately lost volume... bigger but technically smaller head?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phenotype posted:

Pakistan and India are both part of the Indian sub-continent if I remember correctly.

Uh....
You don't get paid more for being in "good" movies

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phenotype posted:

I'm pretty sure you do get paid more for being in good (or at least heavily-grossing) movies, but my point was you may not continue to get movie roles if everything you star in is a complete disaster.

True for Tom Cruise types but I don't think TJ Miller is a backend points kinda celebrity, so he just gets a big payday up front regardless of whether Emoji Movie is a smash success or not. And as long as he's a side guy and not a leading man nobody will ever really blame his presence for a movie tanking.

this is bring back old gbs's tj miller hot take

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The cat eye reveal was so good. I thought they were just going to do the "now Gilfoyle can't fix the server without his glasses!" thing but of course he has weirdo costume cat eyes.

If only Dinesh knew a few episodes earlier....

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Mike Judge has a history of being racist in his shows

King of the Hill's neighbors were Asian stereotypes (and they never even said whether they were Chinese or Japanese)
*squints and looks this post up and down*

He's Laotian.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snak posted:

This right here is exactly the kind of racism we're talking about.

I didn't say naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

So we're just doing quotes from other TV shows right

We drove across 2 thousand subforums for this?

• Locked thread