Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

MoPZiG posted:

So is Big Head based on any real life person / story from the valley?

Everyone Valleywag covered who wasn't a sexist

quote:

Carly Fiorina

Republican Nominee Carly Fiorina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Although he played the straight man here, I'm psyched to see an entire season of Boss Tobolowsky.

Edit: The PP webpage says he "collects race horses and wineries."

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 25, 2016

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

cheerfullydrab posted:

I'm hoping his character turns out to be a more charming version of Deadwood's Hearst.

I hope he's Clayton Townley by way of Sammy Jenkins.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Mary Sues aren't powerless.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The bubble IS about to burst, but if Pied Piper can do everything Richard says, its valuation is incalculable. So Tobo is playing a total piece of poo poo, just a more pleasant version of Gavin.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Xoidanor posted:

All well needed was someone that survived Enron and we would have won evil company bingo. :sigh:

Half of them also worked at Action Jack's old company.

squidgee posted:

A 90 day notice to quit?! Wtf California. :psyduck:

Tenant protections are great and all but that's a bit much.

It's Donald's fault for illegally renting out his house. And if he wasn't the Coolest Guy in Tech, he could toss the guy's stuff on the curb and contest ownership from behind changed locks, knowing that AirBNB wouldn't interfere. (They're too busy being sued by the NY Attorney General.)

---

So they're releasing a David Egger's movie about an evil tech company (The Circle). And having been on set for it, the evil is cartoonish compared to the amazingly detailed, realistic evil that Silicon does.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 2, 2016

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I think they've overused the "Sarcastically say a bad idea, but people implement it!" plotline.

Edit: Upthread I posted that I hoped Tobo was too-good-to-be-true. I knew I was wrong when they first showed his Triangles of Success that actually making something people wanted in the do-later quadrants.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 4, 2016

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

That's the problem with writing technology; you have to bullshit around if you want starships to make noise when they explode.

& people on the net know more about compression than theoretical astrophysics.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Is there any truth to what happened to Gilfoyle when he was being recruited because it sounds awesome as gently caress(all the gift baskets and free poo poo)?

He's on a team that went from nothing to winning Tech Crunch to getting "Action Jack" on board. SV has a ton of money to throw around.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Mr. Mojangles posted:

The kneepads could very well be for protecting the actors knees.

1. They'd put down a mat if they didn't want it on camera, or shoot him above the waist
No 2

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I love Dang (especially his site profile.) They've really made fun of the tech side of SV but the design aesthetics are equally ridiculous.

Is wearing a scarf a SF affectation? I know in LA every costume designer wears one, and a muted serape.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

I sent you a link to the Knol page via Google Buzz.
Can you add it as an app in Google Hangouts?

[spoiler]You can never add apps in Google Hangouts

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Zero One posted:

I love the show but I feel like it's just going in circles. How many times can the keep going back to the core team and the house?

If they want to expand their satire of SV they need to move on. Otherwise they'll keep retracing the same stories.

Can you give this in a letter ranking, thx.

---

As a part of the Amram Fanfam, this episode is less "her" than some of the other stuff she's written (Ant Farm, Children's Hospital, Parks). Expected more clever wordplay; maybe SV works in a tighter room structure. You can see something like "Fan Fiction" from Children's as filled with Meganisms.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Maybe they will go to the other hostel.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If this ep doesn't make it clear that you don't root for Richard, you'll never get it. He's Ricky Gervais on The Office or Ricky Gervais in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Gilfoyle feels like he hasn't had a subplot in years

• Locked thread