Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Last Chance posted:

Didn't we just learn that it was actually the business manager who bankrupted Bighead?

Yeah, and Erlich only spent like 2 mil of Bigheads 20. From what I can tell, Bighead had already burned through most of his money before Erlich or the business manager were ever involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Bill Hader was listed as a guest star in the credits but I don't recall seeing him. I'm assuming he was the voice of Pipey?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Echo Chamber posted:

Edit: Big Head is back on the website. :)

And Monica has been removed from the Raviga website.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

waitwhatno posted:

Hold on, can someone do a breakdown of who owns PP exactly? How many shares does each of the characters own? I completely lost track at this point, with all the buy-outs and buy-ins.

Currently the majority (or all of it, I guess) is owned by Bachmanity, and we don't really know how the shares break down at this point because they're going to have to restructure everything next season.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The mascot

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane and noticed that the actress who played Laurie was the crazy lady who wanted into the shelter. Just wanted to point that out, I guess. Have never seen her act in anything else.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

FuriousxGeorge posted:

What like 9? We need to keep some suspension of disbelief here, it can't be total sci-fi.

The VC, or Bachman for that matter, weren't exited to hear about an octopus recipe app. They wanted to hear about a VR app, which Bachman thought Jin-Yang's app was. It wasn't until they were already in the office waiting room that Bachman worked out a deal with Jin-Yang and found out what the app he was working on actually was. Jin-Yang was just happy to have gotten someone to pay attention to what he was working on, and more importantly, the opportunity to rip off Bachman again and get another year in the house rent free.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Every podcast I've heard Middleditch on, he's been almost the opposite of his SV character. Energetic, almost manic, cracking stupid jokes in silly voices over and over, and is both genuinely funny and extremely annoying. He seems to be just as big of a nerd IRL, but in a completely different way.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 8, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Oh, I'm not hiring her. She uses spaces instead of tab.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Thought it was a weak episode overall until the end, and my stomach is still hurting from laughing. Ho lee poo poo

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I wonder if this means the end of the Aviato/Pied Piper house.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

There's gotta be some joke in there about everyone ordering whatever the fridge suggests, leading to a huge bill that will undoubtedly get placed in Erlich's lap.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Yep, I thought the same thing at first too, and when I realized that it was correctly mounted, I wished that it wasn't.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The Dave posted:

The best part of the episode was easily Jack doing a parody of Steve Ballmer's "I LOVE THIS COMPANY".

The only thing missing were the pit stains.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

priznat posted:

It's funny, I just saw this interview with TJ Miller and he has the same issue with the show as a lot of folks here:

http://www.thewrap.com/silicon-valley-tj-miller-exit-cliffhanger/

He did an interview on the Jim & Sam show on SiriusXM yesterday, and he went into more detail. Apparently HBO was a little annoyed that they had to adjust the shooting around TJ’s schedule, and had offered him to only appear in 3-5 episodes. I guess that opened the door for TJ to renegotiate his contract, and instead of appearing in a few episodes, he decided to kill off the character. When he explained his thought process to Mike Judge, Judge agreed with him.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

anime was right posted:

i hope erlich starts prank calling jian yang, tj miller can just do VO on his own time

Unfortunately, thats not going to happen. During the interview he gave yesterday on satellite radio, he plainly stated that he thinks it is more interesting for the character to basically drop off the face of the earth, and he has no intent on ever playing the part again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91q1NZGwE2Q

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 21, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Was TJ Miller actually that fat or is it some body suit? He appears to be normal in most photos.

In the first few seasons they had him gain weight for the role, but at least during this one, he’s wearing a body suit. He said in an interview that he would binge on pizza and beer to put on pounds but the past few seasons they told him it wasn’t required anymore.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

He did recently move to NYC specifically to focus on stand-up, so maybe he has something else in mind for his career besides all of the movies he has lined up.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Echo Chamber posted:

And I'm curious what the property laws are if a house's owner is MIA overseas. How long until Erlich is presumed dead and the place is in limbo?

As long as the property taxes are paid, nobody’s going to notice Erlich is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I peddle butane and butane supplements.

• Locked thread