Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

mycomancy posted:

This has a BUNCH of comedy gold in it. The startup I work for transitioned into the post-Series B phase this past quarter, where we have a nice new space and are in a hiring spat. That stuff alone is ripe with potential, like dealing with the dumb infrastructure left by previous tennants in the new space or interviewing loving weirdos.

There's also random dumb poo poo that happens: my company hired a consultant friend of the CEO, and eventually this off-site guy was tasked with developing a data analysis pipeline. Turns out this consultant doesn't know poo poo, so he hired ANOTHER consultant, and between the two of these guys they couldn't deliver anything functional after three months; I built a minimal functional pipe this past week in 20 hours of wall-clock time.

That's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

I liked how Judge handled the "but there's no female lead character!" criticism from Season 1 by introducing a female lead character in Season 2, getting a bunch of positive "Silicon Valley is no longer problematic" stories from a news cycle, and then 2 weeks later writing off the character completely

Ahh yes, that news cycle. I remember it well.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

BonoMan posted:

It absolutely is. He's an absurdist. This is what he does. I loving love it personally as I often behave the same way.

Now, being an absurdist comes from like... one of the deeper levels of insecurity - so I wouldn't say it's a *positive* trait necessarily. But I totally identify with it.

Please do not act the same way TJ Miller does in interviews

• Locked thread