Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The Hooli bros are TOTALLY going to have Big Head as an investor, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's HBO. There is no way those horses weren't real.

They were the remaining (unemployed) cast of LUCK.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Except the Nucleus guys seemed to not be interested in working together at all - they just wanted the 'secret sauce.'

The more likely eventuality is that Pied Piper's ~super speshul~ IP suddenly becomes diluted by a ton of other similar options that, while not as good, will probably offer themselves at a lower price point.

More like they'll ALSO be clueless about Gavin's tactics and get tangled up in lawsuit but won't have the luxury of knowing about how the arbitrator ruled in Pied Piper's favor.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
We should all have it as good as those loving horses.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

red19fire posted:

I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT NEXT WEEK!

Preview/promo is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQH1fc6BnU

:suspense::bubblewoop::asoiaf::coolspot::peanut: What OTHER Incubator? :suspense::bubblewoop::asoiaf::coolspot::peanut:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

Big head spending his money well by starting an incubator.

What do you want to bet that this house is the same one we are introduced to in the pilot's opening scene/party? The owner famously crashed and burned and Big Head doesn't strike me as having the slightest clue as to NOT follow pre-existing trends or patterns. Erlich literally tells him that 'this house talks to women'. Makes sense he'd go out and buy the EXACT same house. It's another example of him lazily advancing in life.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Its also important to note when using the Google/Hooli comparisons that we are witnessing a period of time in Hooli's company where they aren't ascendant but rather decedent and complacent. It was probably more important to mock the pretense of corporate culture when Mike Judge was pitching the premise. Hooli has now moved past the phase where they innovate and now they just buy out other companies similar to Microsoft.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The only thing is, Erlich is trying to cut himself in on that Incubator action and taking a percentage of these other ideas is still a better plan than killing the business model.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The real missed opportunity was the satisfaction of firing the sales force, which should have been the highlight of the episode instead of a showcase for Richard being a spaz.

At first I was hoping that Richard would send somebody cold blooded like Gilfoyle to wield the ax. Then I realized that having Erlich meet with every individual salesperson and make them beg for their job in a downsized Pied Piper only to fire them individually and brutally in front to Richard & Co. could have been EPIC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

gret posted:

I was expecting Big Head to receive a call from Gavin throwing ridiculous amounts of money at him to lead the EndFrame team when Gavin realized how far behind they were compared to Pied Piper.

I was expecting Big Head to crash at 'Steve' (Jobs)' place

• Locked thread