Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

roffles posted:

Even the bit characters like the doctor are amazing.

That whole interaction with the sales people made me sad, ITS TOO REAL :(

Real talk, I work at a tech company and the CTO that was around since the beginning and basically invented everything for the company quit pretty recently, due to the sales people focusing too much on trying to monetize everything and destroying the R&D budget. I'm starting to think I'm watching a tv show of my life :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Avasculous posted:

I'm exploring consulting as a career option now, and the 'conjoined triangles of success' is exactly my problem with so much of business education: take 5-6 painfully general buzzwords, put them on an arbitrary graphical design, give them an air of reverence and some credentials behind the author, and you can sell it in a $40 paperback book to aspiring tycoons everywhere.

Even consulting feels like it's contemptuously dismissive of half of this stuff for exactly that reason and unironically fanatical about invoking the just-as-arbitrary other half.

Jack is well done and is starting to give off a distinct Jobs vs. Wozniak vibe. In the first 1.5 episodes, he comes across as the rare genius who ardently supports engineering vision and has the business savvy to make both work, even if it is rooted in some heartbreaking pragmatism. He smoothly wins over Bachman and Richard with flattery and Dinesh and Gilfoyle with bribery.

Then in episode 3 the mask starts slipping and we see private flashes of anger. Somewhere around the fourth or fifth time he orders Richard to his office and points to the triangles to settle a protest, it becomes clear just how empty they are and that his true genius is just manipulation bordering on psychopathy.

Consulting is literally the most useless industry ever.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Consult is nothing but the word 'con' and 60% of the word 'insult.'

It is also 100% of the word "dumbass". As in, you have to be a dumbass to hire one...

It's not actually related to the word dumbass, I made that part up :ssh:

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I like that Richard finally addressed the obvious in this episode, when he told Jack, "you can't fire us because you don't know how to use our IP". On another forum, I asked why he didn't flat out tell Jack that, like 2 episodes ago, so I find it very cathartic that he finally did :)

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Cicero posted:

I've had to move a few times within Google, they even got the right moving boxes.

IIRC he was only was into a quick payout when he went below 3 commas, before that he wanted them to get big first without concerning themselves with revenue, and then have a huge exit.

Can't blame him, either. Who wants to drive a car with doors that open like this, when they can drive a car with doors that open like THIS?

One thing I don't like is how Hooli is supposedly the fictional equivalent to Google, yet Hooli is run by idiots that make horrible mistake after horrible mistake. Does Mike Judge have something against Google or something? Because that's kind of the exact opposite of the way Google does things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I like the fact that the Pied Piper team is starting to get wins at the end of episodes rather than "oh, let's see what else can go wrong as a cliff hanger" like in the past.

But that D.A. annoyed me. "hey, this guy just committed a pretty serious felony, but I'm not going to prosecute him because you guys were rich and I don't like that". WHAAAAAAAAAA?! That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard. Even if they can't get their money back, that D.A. should want to criminally prosecute that dude. What he did was way worse than the crime of "being unlikeable"

• Locked thread