Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Do rich people even buy BMWs anymore? Could have sworn all the company did now was sell it's 80's version of cars to Poor's pretending to be rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Seems like all drivers of nazi cars are poo poo to me. I figure most of the cars are leased or bought on credit by retards.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buy your car cash ffs

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hatebag posted:

Buy your car cash ffs

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/deputies-florida-man-steals-bmw-tried-to-buy-with-food-stamp-card/

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm gonna buy my next car with a tractor trailer full of aluminum cans.

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
I bought mine from a dealer in bumfuck michigan who had it for a year because it didn't have heated seats. It was 2 years old with 20K miles and cost about as much as a brand new Chevy Malibu. Since paying it off my only issue is I can't get a newer one because the thing is still basically brand new and will last another 10 years. Also I understand the stigma with bmw drivers and always try to be extra considerate because it really surprises people. Except for other BMW drivers. gently caress those guys.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You'd think the more expensive the car the safer people would drive

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
If you own a 3 cylinder BMW with FWD you are everything that is wrong with the world (216i active tourer is the worst car in the world).
E: I suppose the 3 cylinders with RWD are also pretty bad, like you can tell you have RWD when you have all of 100 hp on tap.

NihilismNow fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 25, 2016

bushcutter
May 13, 2009

ButteCysts posted:

BMW = big motoring wanker

All these years I thought it stood for 'Break my Windows'

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Minimalist Program posted:

Haha the US is insane.

Haha yeah. A few years ago I got nailed sitting at a red light and then a week later some dipshit crammed on his brakes until he was beside us and then ripped the wheel to the right forcing my wife and I into a telephone pole. We literally went from two cars to zero in a week.

I used the insurance money to buy a BMW lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Honestly a bmw driving a bit recklessly is preferable to that fogey in a real nice anything going 5 under in the left lane. For the most part you can be aware of and work around people who are driving too aggressively on the road, but why would you get a nice car and then drive it like you're afraid of it I don't get it.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

papa_november posted:

so are the turn signals the first thing that breaks on a bmw

No, they have to be added on, like sun roofs. Most BMW owners forego them.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Slower traffic keep right.
Merge at highway speeds.

Those that don't do these are the real assholes.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I don't see what the problem is, I'm doing the speed limit.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Probably confirmation bias, but BMW drivers seem way over-represented in lovely drivers I see on the road. And they're usually lovely in the same overconfident/entitled way. My wife works insurance and she always takes a deep breath when opening up a new claim on a BMW because she's found them to be generally very unpleasant to deal with, enough to have detected a pretty strong pattern. No other car type or client type has a strong association like that. She gets everything from people who hosed up their insurance on their $500 clunker because they just got out of jail to people writing off their $150k supercar, but BMW owner is an instant and reliable red flag that she's about to be dealing with a lovely entitled rear end in a top hat.

The things we buy are a reflection of our selves, there's something with BMW's that attracts assholes.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 25, 2016

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Volume posted:

Do rich people even buy BMWs anymore? Could have sworn all the company did now was sell it's 80's version of cars to Poor's pretending to be rich.

This. They are just cheap enough for people to throw half their paycheck at payments then act like hot poo poo until it gets repossessed.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
most people in nice cars are terrible drivers because they drive like theyre above people

i usually make people like that wait extra long if i have to hold up traffic during work

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
And Corvette drivers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i :heart: my bmw

suck my balls

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Peddle2thaMetal posted:

In my experience BMW drivers tend to be the fast, aggressive drivers (which can be ok)... Mercedes drivers are usually bad/inconsiderate... and Lexus are bad/unaware of all of their surroundings. So regarding the "big 3" of luxury car assholes, I actually prefer the BMW rear end in a top hat since they tend to get out of the way at least.

This is all correct

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
heres a pic i took yesterday when i was at the border eating churros

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jimlit posted:

This. They are just cheap enough for people to throw half their paycheck at payments then act like hot poo poo until it gets repossessed.

bmw 3 series is epic

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
in denver it is very, very constant that the nicer the car the more dangerous the driver

audis, subarus, bmws, and mercedes are all assholes

i will buy a subaru in the future and become one too, but for now, gently caress those assholes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RaySmuckles posted:

one of these is not like the others

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

one of these is not like the others

yeah, mercedes are boring as gently caress to drive

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

And Corvette drivers.

Who once all owned a Mustang.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't see why subarus are there. most are fine and normal, if only maybe too much of exactly at the speed limit/come to complete 5s second stop at every stop sign/signals/whatever. they're following the laws so w/e, good for them (tho we're all speeddemon assholes with a deathwish so we find that annoying)

audis are still the worst by far.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

i don't see why subarus are there. most are fine and normal, if only maybe too much of exactly at the speed limit/come to complete 5s second stop at every stop sign/signals/whatever. they're following the laws so w/e, good for them (tho we're all speeddemon assholes with a deathwish so we find that annoying)

cuz subaru sedans doesn't have the same ring to it.

i'm not talking about outbacks, i'm talking about sti wannabes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
subaru wrx drivers can suck my god drat balls

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Xaris posted:

He probably means sti owners which is basically the only Subaru that people care about

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

this

edit: can't wait to buy one

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 25, 2016

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Chinatown posted:

Not all WRX owners are bad, just the ones with poo poo mods like fart cans, 4 200-inch exhausts, and spoilers stolen from the Transformers movie set.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

I think we can all agree tho that stance people are the worst

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Not all WRX owners are bad, just the ones with poo poo mods like fart cans, 4 200-inch exhausts, and spoilers stolen from the Transformers movie set.

my comments are in regards to the Denver Metropolitan Area only

nice/fancy looking cars=bad selfish drivers putting people at risk on a regular basis

in denver.

colorado.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

RaySmuckles posted:

my comments are in regards to the Denver Metropolitan Area only

nice/fancy looking cars=bad selfish drivers putting people at risk on a regular basis

in denver.

colorado.

Sounds like you're just jealous tbh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

they dont make a chugga chugga noise anymore which was the only cool part of that car so its like a fast corolla now lol

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Nooner posted:

driving a BMW owns, it lets everyone around you know that you are more important than them unless they are in a better BMW Mercedes

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

SweetKarma posted:

They constantly cut me off or I see them cutting other people off. When traffic is backed up I always see a BMW weaving in and out of cars. My next door neighbor owns a BMW convertible, it's a stick and he doesn't know how to drive it. He always backs his car up into the driveway so the front bumper is facing the street, but it takes him 5 minutes because he doesn't know how to reverse uphill. I've sat there and watched him, he's scared that he's going to dump the clutch and run into the garage door. It's hilarious. He's a major douche who wears neon orange shoes and smokes cigars. The only reason he's driving the BMW is because his daddy owns a car dealership.

I drive a BMW and im also an rear end in a top hat, so I think your onto something OP

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
anyone with an M series BMW are the loving worst and I wish they wouldnt treat public roads like a race track because i dont care if you can drive like that, some other idiot on the road isn't and then what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
driving a BMW is like doing 5 shots of liquor in a row

instant rear end in a top hat (but it feels so good)

• Locked thread