Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'm also confused because supposedly they are working with an "open system". What does that mean? Because I thought that would mean that they have access to all the information the Machine has to determine where the threat is coming from and who it is targeting. Apparently not because they spent most of the episode making wild incorrect guesses about who the target is and why. What does the "open system" mean, then?

I don't think they've ever been totally explicit about it, but my impression is that it means full access: not just communicating like they have been this season, or getting operational information and targets like Root used to, but being able to make decisions about the Machine's priorities and how it should achieve them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread