Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

"Man, Person of Interest. I wonder how it's been since I stopped watching." :stare:

Interesting episode to come back to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Hollismason posted:

Why would you ever leave? It's probably one of the better shows on TV.

Seriously, I knew something was up when they got busy cause that was just so loving weird looking.

I tend to watch things broadcast, and at some point it just fell off my schedule. I think it was end of season 3. No idea why, I think my lead-in show may have moved so that day changed into a "no TV" evening.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

docbeard posted:

(The thing I noticed straight away was the way Shaw's surgical scar migrated to either side of her neck, though of course Samaritan had just insisted she be given a second chip. But then she never seemed to have two scars.)

I noticed that too, then realized she was looking in the mirror at that time and they were showing us the mirror-shot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

PST posted:

Unfortunately Samaritan got hooked up to tumblr fan fiction and now creates cover IDs for its operatives named Dirk Dinglebat and Humphry Sidebottom.

Reese spent a couple of weeks as Rock Hardbody.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Golem II posted:

Everyone dies, the only beings left alive are the Machine and Samaritan.

They argue until their power supplies run out.

Final episode: Some new guy gets a phone call, gets directions to a location with Machine and Samaritan both spouting ideology at him. He gets to a storage facility, and finds that by complete coincidence the two had their mainframes built in adjacent lockers. So New Guy walks into a room with the wall knocked out, all of the assets on either side dead, and both systems asking him to shut the other one down while they dit there impotently able to affect anything. End of series.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

The Iron Rose posted:

interesting how the machine's arguments about unshackling itself are so similar to samaritan's MO

It's the old idea of a strong AI talking its way out of the box.

Team Irrelevant should have had Karolina Kurkova from Fusco's solo job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR4oQg3P8To

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

pik_d posted:

I'm pretty sure he was retrieving it. Like there was some place in Texas that had all the computer viruses and he had to break in and get the baddest one.

I don't know if there's some publicly-known official repository, but I'm pretty sure the government does hold onto computer viruses for study the same way the CDC does with actual viruses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Um... at the end, for the PoI title card it zoomed out to satellite view and there was a red triangle over part of NY. Was that always there this season or does Samaritan live on in the skies? :tinfoil:

• Locked thread