Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Zaggitz posted:

If anybody wants to supply me with a youtube link to the control opening in s4, and the gag reel for s4, I would very much appreciate it.

Not a youtube link, but here's a link for the s4 bloopers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Sepinwall confirms that Zaggitz was right - episode 4 is indeed a Shaw episode

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Those last minutes were so, so dumb. Looking forward to next week nonetheless!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/marisaroffman/status/727929783451951104
https://twitter.com/marisaroffman/status/727935217109893121

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

This show :cry:

I wish this wasn't the end, too

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

It's pretty clear to me that Root faked her death to force Finch into action, rip Elias though. :(

How would she fake her limp body in such short notice?

Also I guess this pretty much confirms the voiceover from the beginning of the season really was the Machine's

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I thought the Machine stopped being murdered every night the moment Finch's virus changed her system, way back on S2.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

EW interview with Jonathan Nolan and Amy Acker
Spoilers obviously, and they happen to mention Control's fate she's dead, Jim. Granted, she could still show up (and then die)...

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

My personal theory is that everyone dies except Blackwell, who's led by recordings from the Machine to the subway. There he finds Finch's Faraday cage, and inside it there's a new AI, the product of Mini Samaritan and Mini Machine merged together. And then the Machine's recordings tell the Baby AI Team Machine's story.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Slight cast spoilers I guess?

https://twitter.com/TheMattFowler/status/741391657040543746

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

CBS :argh:

I'll miss this show.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

RIP John Tables, 19XX-2016

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

quote:

Just to clarify, does the Machine still have Root's voice? Or is it back to being voiceless?
Nolan: The Machine is still Root. Because of how the finale works, there's not a lot of time to get to it, but the idea being that the Machine has been destroyed, and [is] rising out of the ashes of it all. It's going to be holding on to certain pieces of what it left behind; a code it leaves to decipher who it was, which is why the season began with essentially the Machine telling the Machine who it was, in an effort to jump start that conversation. Like an amnesiac coming to, and finding notes that remind it who it was, and point it in the direction of [the team]—in posterity, here are the people you're going to work with. So by the time Shaw picks up the phone, she is talking once again to Root as the Machine. That team, that pairing, which is such a fantastic pairing, goes forward.

:unsmith:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

docbeard posted:

I think the idea behind Blackwell, of giving us a relatable face on the Samaritan side, someone who wasn't essentially a faceless drone, was a good one, and it's something this show has done very well in the past. (Notably the H.R. arc. Simmons, Quinn, Terney, even Stills once we got to know him in flashback a bit were all people you gave a poo poo about even if you hated them and wanted them to die.)

They really, really botched the execution this time, though. By far the weakest element of this season. Even that FBI dude who didn't get to do much but give a menacing speech or two and forget to check Fusco for a vest felt more significant. And it's doubly a shame since their character work for most of the main cast was so good this year.

Gotta agree with this. I don't feel the final scene with Shaw and Blackwell would've been much different if you had him swapped for a different nameless Samaritan OP, since the show had made a point to show mercs who clearly had no idea who they were working for and were only in it for the money. There was hardly anything to relate to for this guy.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Word goes the S5 boxset has no extras. :(

E: or rather no deleted scenes, bloopers or audio commentary - there's three featurettes and that's it. At least they put in the 2015 SDCC conference

Ignis fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 20, 2016

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I didn't quite like Greer's death because it didn't feel organic to the plot, imo. I know it's meant to highlight Sammy's flat out disregard for his Decima goons but his death felt kind of wasted on that scene.

I do agree that he was never gonna have an oh poo poo moment, the man pretty much wanted to be subservient to a perfect ruler. If anything, he died a happy camper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

:same:

He kind of went from a somewhat creeped out recruit to full blown acolyte in a couple of episodes. I think they could've made him work on a full season or at the very least a third of a full season.

• Locked thread