Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

The Iron Rose posted:

E: team irrelevant really needs to get over not killing anyone tho. Unless they plan to bankrupt samaritan with the surgery costs of replacement knees

It's actually not a terrible idea. You kill someone, they're dead. You cripple them, and then the enemy needs to spend resources to take care of and rehabilitate them. (Or if they kill them themselves then that blood is on their hands and not the heroes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
A More Perfect Union

I'm late on this one, but I thought it was hilarious towards the end where Finch literally is watching their number being dragged off by an assassin, and he tells Reese this over the comm, and Reese just goes :shrug: and continues his slow casual walking. :shrug: Nope, no reason to be in a hurry or anything. Later on they cut back and he's still walking like he's out for a stroll.

I'm also confused because supposedly they are working with an "open system". What does that mean? Because I thought that would mean that they have access to all the information the Machine has to determine where the threat is coming from and who it is targeting. Apparently not because they spent most of the episode making wild incorrect guesses about who the target is and why. What does the "open system" mean, then?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Elias was right, what did you think he would do Harold?

I note how Harold didn't even really protest at that. On some level, even he had to know that The Voice was a little too competent and too dangerous to let him live.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Hold on a moment. How exactly did Harold Whistler blow his cover? Hasn't it been well established that Samaritan literally cannot see him? There's a blindspot integrated into it that replaces any instances of Finch appearing with that of Professor Whistler. That's why Reese can walk in public as Detective Riley.

In the episode, Riley's cover does not seem to be blown even being seen with Whistler at his office, preventing him from being killed, and even after visiting a Samaritan office and having Samaritan agents try to gun down two police officers.

Samaritan couldn't see Shaw even though Martine was looking at her, it was only after Shaw's cover was blown from shooting back that her identity was associated with a deviant. Professor Whistler visited a cafe and had a coffee.

The minigun sequence and chase scene was so over the top that I was seriously thinking that this might be another simulation (based on Harold's words at the start). Are the Samaritan agents officially licensed government contractors authorized to kill, because that minigun chase seems like the kind of thing which might get a little attention from people.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

raditts posted:

So if in alternate no-Machine universe, if Shaw is still getting relevant numbers from a source that is never wrong, this is just leading up to the revelation that the original Samaritan was never scrapped, right?

Well, Samaritan was developed by Harold's friend, right? And in that episode he mentioned that he was working on a product to sell to the government, but they suddenly lost interest, as in another competitor beat him to it (the Machine). Harold doesn't create the Machine, no one is standing in the way of the man who created Samaritan.

• Locked thread