Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

override367 posted:

It seems they're pretty outmatched if the Machine loses 10 billion in a row

My guess is that the baby Machine will merge with the baby Samaritan at some point, since it can't beat it
It's probably because Samaritan has probably rewritten itself to be immune/optimized to the "standard" Machine attacks. Considering it's the only AI challenging him and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

pik_d posted:

It's been almost 50 years since William Shatner and Nichelle Nichols what is wrong with people :negative:
It was more a "It's not the ONE TRUE PAIRING" thing than a "she is black/he is white" thing.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

WarLocke posted:

... Who else is Reese supposed to be kissing?
The way shippers work, WHO ELSE WAS REESE SUPPOSED NOT TO BE KISSING INSTEAD?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

docbeard posted:

Man. On top of everything else, I think this is the pinnacle of "the person we thought was the victim is actually the perpetrator".

Finch going full supervillain is not what I expected at all but it fits so perfectly. He always maintained in his most honest moments that the reason he was so careful with the Machine's access wasn't because he was afraid of what other people would do with it, or even what it would do on its own, but of what he would do with that kind of power.
Well, last time they got some politician numbers wasn't it when the machine asked him to kill said politician before he can give Samaritan the machine's access to the feeds?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Nameless Pete posted:

I don't care if you've had your hardware mucked with, Samaritan, how do you not realize that Veronique Chereau is a fake name?
Or maybe he is a fan of Patrice Chéreau, relatively famous Opera and movie director and Véronique being a common french name, it sounds totally not fake, just foreign to anglocentric people. And i am pretty sure he aims for world domination.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jun 2, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

docbeard posted:

The way Harold talked about collateral damage suggests, at the very least, that it won't exactly be a surgical strike.
Considering that Samaritan put himself in tons of hardware, it's probably going to require damaging most electronic, so medical equipment and really important things too.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

It would be interesting to see how Samaritan/Greer justify the zero point zero reporting to the US govt, maybe backdating fake reports/records a la what Finch did with Shaw's Team Relevant partner. Or some other thing, which we probably won't see due to the streamlined final season.
A good lie probably: "We don't spy on the members of the government and their close family that much, that would be kinda impolite. So do you want us to monitor everyone now?"

SirMonkeyButt posted:

Aside from a mid-season cancellation, I've never seen a series openly shat upon by their network like this.
Firefly. But yeah that kind of bullshit generally involve Fox or Cartoon Network.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 9, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hacking the NSA using Snowden's modem, nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

n4 posted:

Just finished the final season. I really enjoyed the show. It was a bit of a bummer that Root's death was very anticlimactic. Also I wish they gave some explanation as to how the Machine beat Samaritan in the satellite . I know the Machine says "it has to", but I wanted something more. It felt like a lazy way to resolve that earlier established point that 1v1, Samaritan appeared to be the stronger AI.
Yes but the Machine learned THE SECRET OF HUMAN LIFE, even if she had a hard time remembering it so of course she won.

• Locked thread