Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i may be a poo poo tier poster, but I know a winner when I see one

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THE TRUMP TRAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

omg is trump still talking

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

indeed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Boosted_C5 posted:

Uh, a job lined up for after his time as NJ governor???

Christie was SMART. He saw through the GOPe's delusion early on and hitched his wagon to the NEW GOP world order.

TRUMP!!!

New Jersey won't even have a Governor next year. Christie will be Viceroy of the Northeast.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

I really feel for people working behind the scenes in live broadcasting, they're one of the only professions who's gently caress ups are by necessity broadcasted to the world 100% of the time. That's a level of stress on par with air traffic controllers, or Reince Priebus.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

he's kind of slaying it too. jesus.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Uh, is Christie's wife wearing a snuggy???

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
nuclear weapons, not global warming, pose the greatest current threat to america

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Boosted_C5 posted:

Uh, is Christie's wife wearing a snuggy???

she's wearing whatever turns trump on

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
#1 security threat is nuclear, which is why we should let Japan and Korea have a bunch of nuclear weapons or something.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

mintskoal posted:

he's kind of slaying it too. jesus.

ALL UNSCREENED questions from the media.

Crooked Hillary delivers canned lines about Love Trumping Hate and DEAL ME IN written by advisors and runs from questions like a dog. Sad!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I feel like Hillary Clinton's speaking style and Donald Trump speaking style are great examples of the polar opposite rhetorical styles executed almost perfectly. Clinton is classical 20th century stump rhetoric, but Trump has something new, something internet-era, more conversational even if it often doesn't make any sense on closer examination.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

nuclear weapons, not global warming, pose the greatest current threat to america

At least he didn't say EMPs.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I wonder if Republicans in 2050 will talk about Trump the way Republicans today talk about Reagan.

You know, if we survive that long.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i hope that trump gets elected president so that we can have more interpreters at the un suffer massive breakdowns while trying to translate his speeches

it will be like qaddafi never left

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ego-bot posted:

At least he didn't say EMPs.

To my mind, attempting to concern troll in a debate by positing a simultaneous hacking of our national grid and EMP bomb attack was Peak Carson

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

OatmealRaisin posted:

I wonder if Republicans in 2050 will talk about Trump the way Republicans today talk about Reagan.

"Distinguished Party Elder Donald Trump"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
"Reince is a good man"

those are generous words coming from a man who cut off his own alcoholic brother

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

OatmealRaisin posted:

No. Trump will never be universally loved and revered within the GOP.

But he will have high approval across ALL Americans and be a great President, because he gives no fucks about meaingless and stupid GOP dogma that strays from and has nothing to do with the core principals of limited govt. and individual liberty. For example religious right people will never love him since he doesn't GAF about dumb issues like trans bathroom use.

puredeez
Apr 2, 2011

I whispered some grossly insulting remark in his ear. He flamed up and gave me a slap in the face. We grasped our swords; the ladies fainted; we were separated; and that same night we set out to fight.
Trump, Putin, and Xi will dominate Europe in World War III.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Boosted_C5 posted:

But he will have high approval across ALL Americans and be a great President, because he gives no fucks about meaingless and stupid GOP dogma that strays from and has nothing to do with the core principals of limited govt. and individual liberty. For example religious right people will never love him since he doesn't GAF about dumb issues like trans bathroom use.

i'm in california, and i'm friends with multiple people who are either immigrants or children of immigrants. they express concern about a trump presidency, but as a super white man whose family has been in america for 360 years, i'm so ready

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

Democrats are part of "all americans" and we loving despise him.

dude is gonna get shitwrecked in november and i cant wait to watch the tears.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

Keep thinking that.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
FOX is saying Trump has won every county, in every state tonight.

LOL.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

Just so we're all clear I'm keeping a list of people who make posts like this and when Trump is declared the winner on Nov. 8th you're all getting purged.

No Hillary GE Toxx Thread Necessary.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

axeil posted:

yeah, Trump is gonna get ruined by well-loved party unifier Hillary Clinton.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Montasque posted:

LOL.

kasich won a few towns or whatever in ri and ct but clearly not enough to pick up the counties

i hear counties don't matter in new england though

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Now it is the Democrats turn to severely underestimate Trump I guess

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Montasque posted:

LOL.

So that means Trump wins about 110-113 delegates. Then there's the 54 unpledged from PA, most of which say they'll vote for the winner of the congressional district.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

chemtrail huffer posted:

This is precisely correct. Snark included. That's how bad a candidate he is in 21st century America.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Constant Hamprince posted:

Christie is the viewer stand in at this point, he's along for the ride and just in awe at what's happening.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Goetta posted:

Now it is the Democrats turn to severely underestimate Trump I guess

supposedly they started doing opposition research already which in functional terms indicates they're not underestimating him as much as the republicans

if the republican primary electorate was identical to the national electorate then i feel like we would've seen evidence by now, but maybe he'll turn all of his negatives around with a heel to face turn, or pivot, or whatever. i dont expect it to occur

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

If only I could edit the subforum background

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

#1 security threat is nuclear, which is why we should let Japan and Korea have a bunch of nuclear weapons or something.

That reminds me of my all-time favorite trump quote: "the power, the devastation, is very important to me."

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

chemtrail huffer posted:

We're probably overestimating how hard Trump is going to get schlonged in the general but let's be real here, he's still Donald Trump Reality Television Star and Idiocracy was not a documentary, he's not going to be the President.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

That reminds me of my all-time favorite trump quote: "the power, the devastation, is very important to me."

surprised the #1 threat isn't the unimaginable power of cyber

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Joementum posted:

the threat is not only the proliferation. it's nuclear too. in fact, some of the proliferation problem is part of nuclear. scary!

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

AhhYes posted:

This is precisely correct. Snark included. That's how bad a candidate he is in 21st century America.

Wish there were a :toxx: thread up for the general already, because Trump's going to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

oystertoadfish posted:

supposedly they started doing opposition research already which in functional terms indicates they're not underestimating him as much as the republicans

if the republican primary electorate was identical to the national electorate then i feel like we would've seen evidence by now, but maybe he'll turn all of his negatives around with a heel to face turn, or pivot, or whatever. i dont expect it to occur

I don't think he will win the general but I wouldn't write him off in a shitshow campaign between two deeply unlikable candidates.

• Locked thread