Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ThirdPartyView posted:

Here's hoping for a Jefferson-Burr style ballot of Trump and Cruz!
I'd prefer the two to go the way of Hamilton and Burr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I like Brian Williams. :shobon:

It's probably hard to read that bottom left screen from where he's sitting. I hope he's having fun :shobon:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
A Trump-Cruz GE ticket would be loving amazing and I would love it.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

A Trump-Cruz GE ticket would be loving amazing and I would love it.

It would give everyone a good reason to skip the VP debate

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Joementum posted:

Fun fact: this man was the longest serving mayor of Providence, Rhode Island. He was forced to resign after a felony assault conviction, spent time in jail, was re-elected, then forced to resign again after a racketeering conviction because he basically let the mob run Providence. Yes, that's a jar of his self-branded marinara sauce his wife is holding.

Buddy Cianci was the goddamn greatest and it's a drat shame he's now dead. God rest that Godfather's soul.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

The Nastier Nate posted:

Ted Cruz in 3rd place across the board so far.
The northeast corridor, once again proving to be the least lovely place in the United States.

The northwest hasn't voted yet, there's still a chance for at least a second least lovely place in the US

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Cruz is at less than 10% in RI. 10% viability threshold.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

Cruz is at less than 10% in RI. 10% viability threshold.

Good.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

There is a Republican congressman from Pennsylvania on MSNBC right now that is straight up living in a fantasy world. Kasich is going to do well in the delegate count there, apparently. Even Chuck Todd didn't let him get away with that one.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Right Wing Media round up

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/725122398383669249

https://mobile.twitter.com/StopTrumpPAC/status/725117178408738820

https://mobile.twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/725126629073231872

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hahaha

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Sorry Gipper, the GOP is the party of Trump now

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Indiana is going to be Groundhog Day.

If Cruz wins Indiana, the primary goes on for another five weeks.

If Trump wins Indiana, we have an early general.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
Lmao at crying ghost Reagan. Eat poo poo, bitch

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So the main thing these margins do is give Trump breathing room on the rest of the contests, right? Can he underperform elsewhere and end up off-track again, or are the unbounds still important in actually getting over 1237?

I take it the best-case scenario would still mean not having 1237 by June 7th, the goal's just to lower the bar he needs to clear there to be something very easy, but it'll stay "contested" at least up to that day. Have we got an updated delegate estimate for Trump yet?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol irl.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

Oh, right, Kasich is still waiting for tomorrow's postal delivery for the results.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dolash posted:

So the main thing these margins do is give Trump breathing room on the rest of the contests, right? Can he underperform elsewhere and end up off-track again, or are the unbounds still important in actually getting over 1237?

I take it the best-case scenario would still mean not having 1237 by June 7th, the goal's just to lower the bar he needs to clear there to be something very easy, but it'll stay "contested" at least up to that day. Have we got an updated delegate estimate for Trump yet?

It means he doesn't need to win Indiana to get to 1,237.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Dolash posted:

If he loses Indiana, he's on track for 1180-1210, depending on how much rear end he kicks in CA. If he wins Indiana, it's more like 1210-1240.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

There is a Republican congressman from Pennsylvania on MSNBC right now that is straight up living in a fantasy world. Kasich is going to do well in the delegate count there, apparently. Even Chuck Todd didn't let him get away with that one.
"There was talk a few weeks ago that Kasich could win Pennsylvania. He came in third. What happened?"
"Well the thing to remember is that Pennsylvania is a big state"
Yeah no poo poo, idiot. That's why you wanted to win it.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Joementum posted:

Rhode Island recently paid $550,000 for a new official state logo. This was the result.

This was a huge scandal in the state that resulting in the resignation of the Chief Marketing Officer responsible. It was a pretty pathetic affair, but about par for the course here. At least it wasn't as expensive a debacle as 38 Studios.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

:wow:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

- Son of mailman
- Big bites of diner food
- Gay wedding attendance
- One blue eye milky and bloodshot with second sight
- Less delegates than Rubio
- Jeez oh man

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I know delegates are handed out differently but as it stands Trump is winning every district in every state tonight

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Seiken Hiro posted:

This was a huge scandal in the state that resulting in the resignation of the Chief Marketing Officer responsible. It was a pretty pathetic affair, but about par for the course here. At least it wasn't as expensive a debacle as 38 Studios.

I'm glad you didn't even try to defend pizza bread and coffee milk.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Looks like tears of joy from Reagan to me...? :confused:

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Dolash posted:

Patter Song posted:

If he loses Indiana, he's on track for 1180-1210, depending on how much rear end he kicks in CA. If he wins Indiana, it's more like 1210-1240.

This is correct if he gets 100-120 out of CA. With the kind of poll numbers we're seeing right now that could be > 150, which would seal it in either case.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like how the picture is signed Ronald Reagan like 'Why my dear friends, why?" is s straight quote from him

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

HuffPo has Trump winning 82/118 delegates

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Makes sense that Ronald Reagan, noted wall-hater, would be #NeverTrump. Sad!

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

HuffPo has Trump winning 82/118 delegates

I had him projected at 109. That projection looks dead on except in RI where Cruz might go under 10%, which would net Trump 1-4 more delegates depending on where he does it.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

ThirdPartyView posted:

Here's hoping for a Jefferson-Burr style ballot of Trump and Cruz!

I'm personally hoping for a Hamilton-Burr interaction between Trump and Cruz, and I'm honestly torn on who I hope to be Burr in this interaction

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

ThirdPartyView posted:

Looks like tears of joy from Reagan to me...? :confused:

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
To put it another way, Kasich will win 5 delegates tonight solely out of RI, Cruz will get between 0-4 also solely out of RI (4 if he gets 10.1% of the vote distributed uniformly), and Trump will sweep four states.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Adar posted:

This is correct if he gets 100-120 out of CA. With the kind of poll numbers we're seeing right now that could be > 150, which would seal it in either case.

Even so, if this big North East win gives him momentum and he takes Indiana too, that might help convince people he's already won rather than hold out hope for a California miracle - both in terms of delegate numbers and in terms of narrative where he's winning week after week.

One might say, they'll get tired of his winning.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
"TRUMP!"

Slams veil shut.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

...Unbelievable

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Adar posted:

To put it another way, Kasich will win 5 delegates tonight solely out of RI, Cruz will get between 0-4 also solely out of RI (4 if he gets 10.1% of the vote distributed uniformly), and Trump will sweep four states.

To put it even more simply: TRUMP!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

of course they've never heard of crying jordan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Jewel Repetition posted:

- Son of mailman