Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just so we're all clear I'm keeping a list of people who make posts like this and when Trump is declared the winner on Nov. 8th you're all getting purged.

No Hillary GE Toxx Thread Necessary.

does that mean you'll ban yourself...again when you're wrong?

i remember you toxxed for romney and now you're back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

surprised the #1 threat isn't the unimaginable power of cyber

It's threat #0, that's how threaty it is.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Constant Hamprince posted:

It's threat #0, that's how threaty it is.
I've seen the destruction as they manufacture inefficient and costly cyber are destructive to tourism etc.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

chemtrail huffer posted:

Wish there were a :toxx: thread up for the general already, because Trump's going to win.

Tonight has cemented who both the nominees will be, so maybe it's time.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

Tonight has cemented who both the nominees will be, so maybe it's time.

i never understood toxxes. you willingly wager :10bux: so if you win you don't lose money but if you lose you do? i only make bets if i win stuff. sad!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

axeil posted:

i never understood toxxes. you willingly wager :10bux: so if you win you don't lose money? i only make bets if i win stuff. sad!

That's what I thought at first too, then I ended up toxxing for Rubio and Hillary. And if there's a general thread I'm going to be doing a toxx that's very special.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

axeil posted:

i never understood toxxes. you willingly wager :10bux: so if you win you don't lose money but if you lose you do? i only make bets if i win stuff. sad!

Internet bragging rights are the most valuable of prizes, axeil.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Donald Trump is going to sweep Maryland.

Lmao.

Donald Trump has probably won something like 25-30 of the unbounds in pennsylvania.

Reince Preibus has switched to whiskey.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Does anyone else want to see Ted Cruz afraid for his life, saying anything he can think of, betraying all of his supposed principles, in a desperate attempt to get you not to kill him?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cowardly Ted Cruz forced to renounce God, the Constitution, and Campbell's Chunky Soup in front of the howling mob

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Schnorkles posted:

Reince Preibus has switched to whiskey.

A traditional pot still cannot create spirits of requisite strength for Rinse. There is only vodka now.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Ted Cruz may not win a single delegate tonight.

Lmao

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

Does anyone else want to see Ted Cruz afraid for his life, saying anything he can think of, betraying all of his supposed principles, in a desperate attempt to get you not to kill him?

being alone in a room with the zodiac killer is probably a bad life move.

Schnorkles posted:

Ted Cruz may not win a single delegate tonight.

Lmao

ted cruz never winning a single delegate again after "the narrative of the race changed" post-WI would be hilarious.

axeil has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Apr 27, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I lied.

Ted Cruz will not win a single delegate tonight. :eyepop:

And Donald Trump might win 110. loving lol.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

I lied.

And Donald Trump might win 110. loving lol.

Cruz is in second place, against a reality TV star who wants to build a wall on the Mexican border, and he still can't loving crack 10% in RI. He's that bad at this.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Good.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I am in love with this election.

This is amazing.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

NOOOOOO NYT you have ruined me.

Ted Cruz has won a delegate.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Triple-posting:

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/725161213584367616

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
2008 Pennsylvania Primaries

800k GOP votes
2.3 Million Democratic votes

2012 Pennsylvania Primaries w/ 85% reporting

1.2 Million GOP votes
1.3 Million Democratic votes

NO registered independents or Democrats could vote Trump, CLOSED primary.

People harping about Trump's negatives keep forgetting Hillary Clinton is widely loathed and a known quantity re: being THE face of scumbag politicians in America today.

And it's the Democrats who have held the presidency for 8 years and the GOP with the motivation of "taking back" the whitehouse.

Banking your fortunes on general election turnout to vote AGAINST your opponent? Let me tell you how that worked out for US in 2012.

Trump is bringing millions of enthused new voters into the process who want to vote FOR HIM.

In PA alone tonight, Hillary Clinton literally kept away ~millions of voters just by being her terrible self. 2.3 Million voters in '08, 1.3 Million tonight so far with 85% reporting.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Boosted_C5 posted:

800k GOP votes

1.2 Million GOP votes

People harping about Trump's negatives keep forgetting Hillary Clinton is widely loathed and a known quantity re: being THE face of scumbag politicians in America today.

And it's the Democrats who have held the presidency for 8 years and the GOP with the motivation of "taking back" the whitehouse.

Banking your fortunes on general election turnout to vote AGAINST your opponent? Let me tell you how that worked out for US in 2012.

Trump is bringing millions of enthused new voters into the process who want to vote FOR HIM.

In PA alone tonight, Hillary Clinton literally kept away ~millions of voters just by being her terrible self. 2.3 Million voters in '08, 1.3 Million tonight so far with 85% reporting.
this reads like a commercial for a monster truck rally

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

congrats to David Frum for choosing the most Republican cereal

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Boosted_C5 posted:

800k GOP votes

1.2 Million GOP votes

There are also over a million more registered democrats than republicans in PA. My wife works at our Philly suburb precinct and she said Trump won handily. I'm not saying Trump will win PA (he won't) but this has to be troubling for Hillary and I think Trump will do better than expected here in November.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Big night for Kasich nabbing 5 delegates. At this rate he might surpass Rubio in time for the convention!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

blue squares posted:

congrats to David Frum for choosing the most Republican cereal

i had something called 'cornflex' at an indian hotel once

no point just sayin

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Boosted_C5 posted:

800k GOP votes

1.2 Million GOP votes

John McCain had mostly won by Super Tuesday (Feb 4, 2008) and had officially secured all the delegates needed on March 4, 2008. The PA primary wasn't until April 22, 2008. They had nothing to vote for back then.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

RedQueen posted:

John McCain had mostly won by Super Tuesday (Feb 4, 2008) and had officially secured all the delegates needed on March 4, 2008. The PA primary wasn't until April 22, 2008. They had nothing to vote for back then.

The problem is that a million less democrats came out for Obama/Hillary then for Hillary/Sanders. Hillary may have a big lead but she didn't have the nomination wrapped up as of 7:00 AM this morning. And as I mentioned, PA has a significant registration imbalance. If turnout rates were equal, there would have been at least 500,000 more democrats come out today then republicans.

edit: that imbalance has grown since 2008. Pennsylvania hasn't produced a net gain of republicans since probably 1988.
2nd edit: We had a competitive dem primary race for Attorney general and senate that should have also drove up turnout.

The Nastier Nate has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Apr 27, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

The problem is that a million less democrats came out for Obama/Hillary then for Hillary/Sanders. Hillary may have a big lead but she didn't have the nomination wrapped up as of 7:00 AM this morning.

Yeah she did. Public perception is all that matters, and for most people, there is no reason to vote in the Dem primary. It's been over for a while in the minds of most people

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

The dem thread has 1121 replies while this thread has about 460.

What are they even talking about? Like I would click on it but I can't handle it. Like I would rather read freep than those threads.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

The dem thread has 1121 replies while this thread has about 460.

What are they even talking about? Like I would click on it but I can't handle it. Like I would rather read freep than those threads.

It was 10-15 pages of wailing and nashing of teeth of 3 or so Bernie supporters and then about 15 pages of "lol" when he got smashed.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump will be president.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

It was 10-15 pages of wailing and nashing of teeth of 3 or so Bernie supporters and then about 15 pages of "lol" when he got smashed.

We need to build a wall.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

Trump will be president.

Same

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

We need to build a wall.

They'll probably self deport at this rate.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

RedQueen posted:

Not to mention that the 2008 Democratic Primary was a bitter street fight that followed Hillary's Ohio comeback victory. I remember dropping some voter registration forms off at the Hillary headquarters and getting poo poo on by some rich white lady in the lobby on for my classy
button.

Also, I bought a pair of blue suede shoes in Camden, and a 12 year old in West Philly flagged me down with "Hey kid!

Nice sneaks."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

They'll probably self deport at this rate.

Yeah, I saw the suicide hotline posting on Reddit.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

NOOOOOO NYT you have ruined me.

Ted Cruz has won a delegate.

Cruz will probably get 2 out of RI. RI looks like 12 Trump, 5 Kasich, 2 Cruz, if I'm understanding the rules right.

Those are Cruz's only delegates tonight, and are almost certainly* Kasich's only delegates as well.

*Kasich is not going to win MD-08, but in case he somehow pulled a miracle there, that's what that asterisk is for.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Boosted_C5 posted:

800k GOP votes

1.2 Million GOP votes

Boosted I know you're excited but I have to break it to you, Trump is not going to win the general. Donald Trump may be the star of The Apprentice, but Hillary Clinton is the master, and 70% of America is fired up to beat him like a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Boosted_C5 posted:

800k GOP votes

1.2 Million GOP votes

You could change your registration online in like 5 mins this year then just change it back after the primary. It was trivially easy to switch over to Rep for the ironic Trump/death to the GOP vote.

• Locked thread