Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Greetings fellow Space Dwellers to the EVE Online Politics Thread!

What is EVE Online?

EVE online is a large multiplayer game set in a huge galaxy very far from our own where you can do almost limitless things! There is space exploration, resource gathering, player versus Gurmista fighting action and player versus player battles! It is run by a company called CCP who like to let the world run mostly on its own two feet. This means such things as scamming and suicide to take out other peoples gear is totally acceptable! Gosh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0

Having said that, you no doubt already know what EVE is because you are coming to this, the Politics thread, to discuss the latest in EVE history and developments and wars and all manner of items.

EVE online has a lot of history with Goons and there are many factions and corporations all vying for their own place in the Universe. Below is a list (constantly updated) of all current corporations. Each one links to a post with a history of the corporation and a recruitment thread in PGS if that particular corporation entices you (and if the corporation has indeed made one!)

EVE Goon Corporations:

GOONSWARM
One of the most hated of all space guilds in EVE.
GoonSwarm Federation Recruitment Thread

TEN DOLLAR BOND
Led by former Goonfleet CEO Darius Johnson, Ten Dollar Bond currently resides in Delve and follows the whimsies of their wills.
Ten Dollar Bond Recruitment Thread
ThisDisbandedBunch.

THE GREATER GOON
The very first offshoot of Goonfleet.
Greater Groon Recruitment Thread

ELITIST OPS
ElitistOps is a goon run corporation currently under the banner of PVP Alliance: Pandemic Legion.
Elitist Ops Recruitment Thread
ARCHIVED

ROCK VENTURE CHILL MINING FRIENDS
A newbie corp for simple mining run by myself.
(There is no recruitment thread).

PLEASE SEND ME POST LINKS AND PGS THREAD LINKS TO HAVE YOUR CORP LISTED IN THIS SECTION

What Next?
This thread is not the chill thread but we can do better than what our previous thread had become. I am fully aware of all the splinters and faction wars that have been, will be and are occurring on a daily basis. There will be tensions, there will be tears but lets try to keep it happier than it was!

• This thread is neutral ground.
  • If you wish to discuss EVE without any of the surrounding tensions then please visit the chill thread.
  • You will eat probations if you bring EVE drama into the chill thread.
  • You will eat probations if you go way too overboard with the slapfighting in this thread.
  • You will be shamed if you make a poor report (see the last thread for examples)!

And finally here are some pretty pictures as to why I personally love EVE and all the mining that Rock, Pebble and I have been doing

Stay safe out there, everyone!

And remember, no bad chat about racism, doxxing or other things that really don't belong in a game about pretty spaceships!

VideoGames posted:

OK a new and good rule for the thread. There is to be no more discussion on racism. Use of racist terms or anything about it. There are racist people in the world and I feel sad for them, but I do not want to let it drag down a thread about space gaming.

If people in the alliance you are in act racist then I would not talk to them or be friends with them. I would consider them to be lost souls who need guidance with their views. However, this should not affect our posting about the game in this thread.

Also Doxxing.

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

First

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I didn't see any of these poor reports please repost them :sun:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
first

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First page.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

new thread smell

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Video Games, can you edit the ad that someone bought for the last thread? It's going to redirect to a locked thread now.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Ground floor

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:regd07:

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
:five:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Ground floor baby

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
First

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

There's a reason I didn't bookmark the other thread I didn't want to have to read fatballs bullshit :mad:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drythe posted:

Video Games, can you edit the ad that someone bought for the last thread? It's going to redirect to a locked thread now.

Oh, I didn't realise! But hopefully they will see the last post in that thread which directs them here. I will see if I can do this!

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns
:shobon:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

:swoon:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
namaste

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

:boiledribs:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I like this new OP

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

im gay for ganking

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haha owned

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

First page, cool page

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan
All appologies for being off topic, but I just saw the just announced 2016 Hugos Nominees and I now need a place to go vent.

As a relative SA newb and only having payed attention to the EVE forums this past year, I'm over due to exploring what else SA has to offer, anyway. Where should I go within SA to help relieve my frustration over the whats been going on with the Hugo's before I end up radicalizing and going all Sayyid Qutb on MRAs and related parties?

Fake Edit: Sure was a shock when I tried to post this and it kept failing because I had not realized the old thread was killed. Gosh, I hope this request isn't even more inappropriate in the new more neutral discussion!

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
Have we accused anyone of mental illness in this thread yet?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mpaarating posted:

No. I volunteer. You can accuse me.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

mpaarating posted:

Not yet

Please seek psychiatric help immediately

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

mpaarating posted:

It's never too early, I'd suggest me but I'm not space important in the slightest.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Pale Peril posted:

All appologies for being off topic, but I just saw the just announced 2016 Hugos Nominees and I now need a place to go vent.

As a relative SA newb and only having payed attention to the EVE forums this past year, I'm over due to exploring what else SA has to offer, anyway. Where should I go within SA to help relieve my frustration over the whats been going on with the Hugo's before I end up radicalizing and going all Sayyid Qutb on MRAs and related parties?

Fake Edit: Sure was a shock when I tried to post this and it kept failing because I had not realized the old thread was killed. Gosh, I hope this request isn't even more inappropriate in the new more neutral discussion!

Maybe you should try the book barn or somewhere other than a spaceship game politics thread?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
How many plexes do you need to 'reverse redeem' to transfer a character?

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Just want to get in on the bandwagon here and remind everyone that eve is terrible and singlets rule.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mpaarating posted:

i'm willing to start :sun:

i diagnose you with an anankastic personality disorder

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=247

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jm20 posted:

How many plexes do you need to 'reverse redeem' to transfer a character?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
where's darius with his ~true goon~ bullshit

killertunes
Jun 13, 2012

Tastes like chicken!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Not yet

Please seek psychiatric help immediately

I tried and the quack couldn't help me so I turned to drugs. Drugs work.

spartan885
Aug 2, 2012
Videogames CEO of my heart....make space great again.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Still a bad game.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Troll Bridgington posted:

Still a bad game.

No one's denying that

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also now i have to post a fuckload more to catch back up to where i was :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

The thread is good though.

• Locked thread