Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Video Games, can you edit the ad that someone bought for the last thread? It's going to redirect to a locked thread now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao cloudflare really does block that

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Cloudflare blocked me in a different thread yesterday when I put POPERY and PRELACY in quotation marks. It was fine if they weren't in quotation marks.

"POPERY"

e:lies

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

CommonShore posted:

take this:

And put quotation marks around the two words in question. Consider doing it via an edit to your post as to avoid further making GBS threads up the thread.

I thought the point of this thread is to poo poo it up and leave the others alone?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

quote:

Doomsdays and Projectors can be activated mid warp

What does this mean?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

CommonShore posted:

I forgot which thread we were in. But it blocks it, right?

I can't figure out a way to get them to be blocked. I tried both "Popery and Prelacy" and "Popery" and "Prelacy"

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mutts aren't inbred though

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

I'm Swedish. I demand localization to Volvos for all these measurements.

I need this poo poo in Ford F-150s please

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lordbaldur posted:

so they can take our name because the mittani owns ccp?

we all know the ppl who are here because they are true goons and those that are not and pretty sure the people in the "oligarchy" are(not), and we know who that name belongs to, but because ~~reasons~ wright must be wrong?

Did you have a stroke? Should we contact paramedics for you?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

A monkey wouldn't

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zasze posted:

Chill dude i didn't say LEAVE ACCESS ITS ALL GOOD but there has always been a difference in removing someone from the alliance and stripping access and the black list. Its a level of severity that previously was left for people who actively hosed gsf over if thats changed and its now just a blanket case for marking everyone in a hostile alliance thats fine.

I mean, I'm pretty sure there was a dude in this thread that got blacklisted for drunkposting poo poo to the SA thread and was removed from said blacklist after he asked them to so that he could rejoin.

It sounds like a way just to keep people from inviting people we removed without them contacting us first.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the only dota channel is gfgbs so you're dumb and stupid and made of poo

I like as you typed this boat is talking about dota in elysium

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

salt and vinegar are awful and you are awful people

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

vyst posted:

I was recently introduced to the notion of malt vinegar on what you call "chips" (fries). That was a pretty neat innovation I must say. It was tasty.

I'm confused on how you only recently discovered this.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Fair fries are good, thanks

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

vyst posted:

I've always been a fat obese ketchup lover.

That's why I'm surprised you never tried it, I thought fat people basically tried every food ever.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Don't make your pets fat

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Pretty sure that was a drop in the hat for most of the people who donated to you.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oodles posted:

Following on from my miner ganking question.

What would be better (or have better results?), 3 gank catalysts or a solo Astero?

I'm trying to figure out a fun way to cause grief. However seeing 3 from the same Corp pop into local might be more off-putting that just one.

You can always join miniluv if you are in gsf and learn all of this

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I promised boney I would bring angelique and the blacklist up every day for this thread

So like why was angelique blacklisted for a reason?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Everyone posting in this thread is retarded hth

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

evilweasel posted:

Got an answer. Turns out I was wrong: basically, the plan was to start posting regular ops to hack hostile space. However, hostiles copied our idea of moving all vulnerabilities to ghost time, so that plan got scrapped because there's not good times to post for hacking fleets.

Is there a particular benefit for you in having ops posted, instead of broadcasts for swordfleets/standingfleets/oppressionfleets when they're being assembled?

I think it's mostly for better transparency and morale? Transparency is good in a lot of environments but I don't know how it works for eve so I can't say anything. People like feeling they aren't just cogs though.

quote:

I can even respect that we may not form up for it all, but at least throw a notice that "Here is an op because PL is trying to flip 93P so we'll form up at this time to see what we've got and what they're going to bring. Probably going to stand down and laugh at them for forming a huge force in response, which we'll blue ball, to this notice and then take it back once they get tired and gently caress off a few months down the road." Everyone wins, you get the line members involved in the game without deceiving them up front, you get the chance to possible ninja defend it if the MBC decides it's a joke and ignores it, and you're not coming off as lying and/or incompetent on your campaign promises. Instead we get the exact opposite. And then yesterday I see one of the caps ping only to find out it's because of EC- flipping and the exact same poo poo is going on.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Elysium scrolls so fast it's a headache to keep up with at times unless you are doing nothing but watching it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Opinions are opinions

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except you rarely, if ever, said anything negative about him. Just admit it, you're a coward who was too limpdick to share any criticism of a guy you've had "exceedingly negative" opinions of for a long time to make sure you wouldn't get shat on because you can't handle any blowback due to your delicate ego. At least Deadtear isn't afraid to share his opinion of people he plays a game with unlike you.

And, since you've had issues with it in the past, I'll point out this is not a serious post.

Why are you being so angry, isn't that deadtear's job today? Or is deadtear real anger and not fake anger?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I am following Deadtear's orders.

You should learn to read bucko.

It's hard, please teach me. :shobon:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

You use your eyes and your brain.

What is bran?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Holy poo poo, legitimately calm down. Today is fake fun anger, not real.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

How fat was vyst?

Pretty sure this has been posted on SA so shut up any digi accusers.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

Dude is like 220 now and runs marathons n poo poo

Yea, I'm sure he's done even better than that photo by now. It's dated like three years ago.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So, how do clothes fit when you have that much extra skin? Do you have to size up?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

This was a pretty big inspiration for me when I started working out. Best of luck in the surgery and the recovery, Vyst.

And then your posts made me stop being lazy and going inconsistently in the week.

Vyst making goons less fat for years to come.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

holy gently caress

whats your weigh in now?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I should try this with my gliders and see if they like it

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child. I can't wait to see your reaction to Gorion.

(FYI, some guy from TFR gave everyone in here ponytars once. And then another guy gave everyone in here duck avatars. Vyst alone has had 50+ avatar changes. Between the avatars and the Redditors spending money to post here, the Eve threads have probably paid for at least one year of college for Lowtax's kids.)

He doesn't seem to have poo poo on :eonwe:

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=eonwe
https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=vyst

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

evilweasel posted:

I really don't understand how people lose jump freighters. I've been flying them for years, I am frequently lazy or inattentive, and yet i've never died in one. How hard is it to only cyno to undocks?

hard

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Genuine question -- does anyone think that there's room for a no-politics-allowed "Eve game mechanics" thread?

This thread is rotting garbage, but the chill thread is too silly for me. I just want to let my mental encyclopedia loose and legit discuss ship/mod balance and talk spreadsheets without a bunch of d-names making ten different single-sentence posts and spamming static in every page.

Just post in the chill thread, its silly because there's nothing to talk about besides being dumb. Some :ullerrm: level posting would make it a chill and cool thread.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

PEW PEW PEW

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

VideoGames posted:

OK a new and good rule for the thread. There is to be no more discussion on racism. Use of racist terms or anything about it. There are racist people in the world and I feel sad for them, but I do not want to let it drag down a thread about space gaming.

If people in the alliance you are in act racist then I would not talk to them or be friends with them. I would consider them to be lost souls who need guidance with their views. However, this should not affect our posting about the game in this thread.

Xolve posted:

Can you add doxxing to this list, because holy poo poo.

Please, Video Games? Those two topics are insufferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

please video games ban the doxxing poo poo and put both of those in the OP

• Locked thread