Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

:boiledribs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

When did they change the graphics for shield ships getting hit with stuff? I actually have a real shield around my spaceship that absorbs space lasers and missles and stuff AND ITS AWESOME, HOLY poo poo. Does the armor damage effect change as you run a repper, because if so HOLY poo poo THAT IS AWESOME TOO.

Yep, that was late in 2015. Your hull also now catches fire and smolders when you take armor damage, and the fires are slowly put out and clean up as you run an armor repper. When you take hull damage, the lights on your ship flicker and the engine exhaust plumes go out.

Other graphical things you might have missed in your absence:

* There are now kill marks on your hull -- you get a stamp on your hull for each final blow
* They redid visual effects for smartbombs, DDs, and some missile explosions
* Hulls collect dust and rust (there's a "Clean Ship" button in the fitting window if you don't like it)
* All nebulas/starfields redone
* TXAA enabled if your video card can do it

It may be a terrible game, but it's a good-looking terrible game.

Also, some of the skins look really good these days:

Elmnt80 posted:

CCP is a good video game company.

Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Deklein (former core of GSF space) fell to the Money Badger Coalition. For a few days all GSF & their allies had left from Deklein, Branch, Tenal, Tribute, Fade, Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind was Vale of the Silent & Pure Blind. However they've been able to take some pockets of space from Pandemic Horde, a new player focused alliance affiliated with Pandemic Legion. Right now Pure Blind is, for the most part, the largest swathe of land GSF owns, which makes sense since the GSF staging system of Saranen borders that region. Vale of the Silent hasn't really been touched by either side because, according to TEST Alliance Please Ignore's leaders, they were focusing on taking out Deklein & the other regions GSF owned.

This is semi-accurate except for the last part -- Vale got rolled pretty hard in the early days of the war, but everyone moved on to Deklein without ever trying to raise ADMs in Vale. So, so soon as everyone moved to Deklein, BASTN took Vale back. (And it'll probably change hands at least twice more.)

One of the good and bad things about Aegis Sov is that there are no "fronts" to speak of -- it's an extremely fluid thing, and when you have a big war like this, the shape of the map resembles an annealing animation more than it does waves of expansion/contraction.

fe: Also, I wouldn't say that allies "left" Tribute -- the better explanation is that CO2 pulled a Sort Dragon and flipped sides to save their own bacon. They shot Goons for a little bit to convince MBC that they were reformed... then, when MBC moved on to Fade/Deklein, CO2 waved bon voyage and mostly stayed in Tribute to feed ratter kills to XIX.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 26, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know people dislike Aegis sov, but I genuinely find it to be more entertaining for a few different reasons. See; FCON taking DARK.'s space out in Immensea etc. while DARK were busy taking FCONs space. That, to me, is kind of funny and neat.

Aegis Sov is entertaining as long as you don't hold it / don't want to hold it. Like I said in the last thread, while I'm having fun now, I'm concerned about what the map is going to look like 1-2 years from now. Namely, I see this as the inevitable endpoint of Aegis mechanics, barring a significant shift in balance:

Most major alliances will keep their primary staging in a non-conquerable lowsec station on the border of a shallow null region, they keep the adjacent constellations of shallow null as ratting and industry space. i.e. Goons keep PB/Fade for ratting but stage in Saranen. Whoever wants to keep Delve/Querious stages in Sakht. Whoever wants to keep Tribute, stages in Taisy. Whoever wants to keep Vale, stages in Obe. Whoever wants to keep Fountain, stages in Hophib. And so on.

It's the best of both worlds, honestly -- by staying in lowsec, you trivialize logistics and maximize mobility in a Phoebe environment, and as a bonus, your staging station can't be caged and flipped. At the same time, you have a handful of safe constellations in nullsec for ratting/industry, and if someone's really intent on burning those fields, you let them burn and then replant when the attackers move on. (Or just swap spots with the attackers, the way that FCON and DARK have essentially swapped places on the map over the course of the last two weeks.)

I expect the deep null regions -- Branch, Oasa, Omist, etc -- to basically either A) stay russian, or B) go nearly fallow. They'll always have a name on it, certainly, but it'll never be anything more than quiet ratting space that gets dropped like a gecko's tail at the first sign of conflict.

On a lighter note, :ccp: ffs:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6457975#post6457975

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

jm20 posted:

Sorry for the questions I need to elitepvp my head around some things from 2011.

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe?

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid?

What is the fighter change to supercarriers I've read about?

Doomsdays are still version 2 and not version 1?

Are falcons still great?

Why are rockets a thing? Do I need to EFT everything all over again from 2011?

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline?

Why is isboxer banned?

In order:

* Nope, there is no such thing as unprobable anymore. You can still make yourself harder to find with ECCM, but there's now diminishing returns on the sensor / sig radius ratio, and the upper cap is set such that any ship can be probed out as long as the prober has T2 probing modules or Virtue implants. (BTW, there are now mid-slot modules that boost probe strength / reduce probe deviation / reduce cycle time, so getting to that "I can find you" threshold is much easier than it used to be.)

* Probing has gotten a lot nicer. You can save and load probe configurations, and the UI is cleaned up a bit. Go play with it.

* Gang links are still system-wide, and still OP. CCP claims that they don't like this and plan to remove offgrid boosting Soon(TM), but it's not done yet. In fact, despite not liking this, CCP recently added even more ships capable of carrying links, because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's jacking.

* As of tomorrow's patch, the interface for fighters (for both carriers and supers) is changing significantly. Fighter squadrons are now their own special thing, instead of just being a big fat slow drone, and you now move entire squadrons at a time around the grid using a Homeworld-like interface, where they engage things in range. There are multiple types of fighters -- "air superiority" fighters for anti-fighter / anti-frigate, "light fighters" for anti-cruiser, normal fighters for bigger ships, support fighters that can point/web/neut, and so on.

* As of today, yep, Doomsdays are still single-target. Starting tomorrow, there will be other types of DDs with a variety of effects -- single-target hits, cones of effect, swords that swish through an arc in space, and other such goodies.

* Falcons (and ECM in general) are decent, but not as universally awesome as they used to be. They added skills to the game that boost your base sensor strength, and they recently eliminated ECCM modules in favor of having a sensor-strength script for sebos. ECM is about to get slightly better now that supercaps are losing their general ewar invulnerability.

* Rockets are definitely a thing. In general, weapons are pretty well balanced these days, except for medium autocannons which are still laughable garbage.

* Inties are, indeed, immune to bubbles now. They just fly through bubbles like they weren't there, and ignore drag bubbles. A few other ships have this functionality as well.

* ISBoxer was banned for a number of reasons, mostly balance reasons. It was getting too easy to gently caress up a fleet fight with 30 ISBoxed stealth bombers or 8 ISBoxed pipebombing battleships, or gently caress up an ice market using 30 ISBoxed barges, or rapidly complete incursions using 20 ISBoxed bearboats.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 26, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I will say, personally, I think most alliances intrested in living in and holding their sove are better off holding 2-4 constellations rather than say a region or two. To me, that's the most sensible thing to do with the Aegis sov mechanics. See: Horde holding 2 constellations in Querious (I don't really cound the stuff up north as that's not really space that was intended to be lived in long term).

Yup, agreed. I think it just hinges on your corp size -- FCON, for example, could trivially fit in one constellation. CONDI, otoh, has 17,000 characters in it.

Although, fwiw, calling O1Y a temporary home is some premature moving of goalposts. I know that Gobbins likes to put 'we'll reevaluate on $date' on his corp mails about O1Y, but tbh, he puts that disclaimer on everything he tells PH to do, because he's indecisive as poo poo and half the newbeans think that whiplash is a normal state of affairs.

jm20 posted:

???????

In the Targeting branch of the skill tree, Gravimetric/Magnetometric/Ladar/Radar Sensor Compensation. Boosts your ship's base sensor strength by 4% per level, meaning that if you have it trained to 5 for your current hull, you're 20% less likely to get jammed by ECM.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

We moved Horde into O1Y for better staging for a push into Deklein & Pureblind from the west, but the plan was never to permanently live in Fade or the north long term. You can believe me or not, but that's what we all agreed upon when we were planning the stuff. There's also something to be said about not repeating what BRAVE did where you're clutching to sov you can't reasonably hold on to while you're being pounded on by a bigger group.

It was the same mentality when Horde lived in Catch, same as when they took 93PI & tried to push into Pure Blind, same as Cloud Ring 1.0, then Cloud Ring 2.0 and same as Querious right now. I can only speak as a former director of Horde though, so I don't know what the plan is right now but I assume its no different than it was 2 weeks ago.

That's a somewhat fair cop, but it's also pretty unfortunate for the newer guys who probably haven't learned the ins and outs of "what should I stage, and where, and how do I evac when we move?" I guess you could call it a learning experience or something?

Especially when they're struggling to make isk. I had a serious facepalm moment at an exchange in plusten a few days ago: A newbie in O1Y was broke and asking how he should make isk, and a condescending fellow told him 1) to stop whining, and 2) that he could make all the money he needed by buying ships on Jita, paying Scooty to import them to O1Y, and put them up on contracts at a 20% markup.

Like, this poor two-week-old gently caress can't afford to buy a Catalyst to shoot a rat with, and you want him to get into nullsec doctrine importing? What nest egg, pray tell, was he supposed to use to make those initial Jita purchases and start his import business? It was legit one of the most frustrating and infurating things I've ever seen someone suggest to a new player.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Is that realistically how sensor comps factor in? Because sebos (:rip: eccm) use a similar wording but provide a significantly larger bonus than the skills do. If I remember, old eccm scaled between 86% and 98%.

Sebos give you a bonus based on the ship's base strength. Those skills affect the ship's base strength, so it's multiplicative.

Imagine that you're in a Blackbird with 10 jam strength, and you're jamming a Rokh. Assuming the Rokh doesn't have the comps skills trained:

* Base Rokh sensor strength = 24 points, so 10 / 24 = 41% chance to jam
* Adding a scripted sebo = +100% strength, so 48 points, 10 / 48 = 20.8% chance to jam

Now, imagine that the Rokh has sensor comp 5, boosting the base strength by 20%.

* Base Rokh sensor strength = 28.8 points, 10 / 28.8 = 34.7% chance to jam
* Adding a scripted sebo = 56.4 points = 17.7% chance to jam

Sebos are still by far the best improvement you can make -- it halves your base chance to get jammed, no matter what your skills are. However, the skills will reduce the initial chance to jam as well.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, while we're on the topic of people coming back to the game after a few months absent: CCP added a new set of faction frigates to the game based on the ewar frigs, and all of them are hilariously broken.

* The Griffin Navy Issue is like a Merlin and a Kitsune had a baby; you get a turret damage bonus (200dps with neutrons firing CNAM) and a jamming strength bonus, and drones. On the flip side, you get a jamming range penalty, limiting you to ~6km or so. Bring a mobile depot so you can swap out jam flavors for racials, and you'll win 99% of frigate fights; it's basically a win button once you get to scram range.

quote:

[Griffin Navy Issue, schlampa]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Warp Scrambler II
Gravimetric ECM II
Gravimetric ECM II
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50

Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Particle Dispersion Augmentor II

Acolyte II x1

* The Crucifier Navy Issue is the same deal, except with a Crucifier and a Tormentor; super short range but super strong TD, and lasers like yow.

quote:

[Crucifier Navy Issue, fw dunk]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Heat Sink II

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Disruptor II, Optimal Range Disruption Script

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Warrior II x2

* The Maulus Navy Issue is basically a Tristan++; it gets both a bonus to scram range and a bonus to scram strength. Without links, a T2 scram is +4 points and overheats to 16km, making it the ultimate tool for murdering stabbed FW pubbies or Ventures. Oh, and it overheats to 4km/s.

quote:

[Maulus Navy Issue, basic MWD]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

250mm Light Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
250mm Light Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

* Vigil Fleet Issue ends up being the odd one out; it's kinda like a neutless missile version of the Cruor, getting a long range web and drones and missiles. There's a ton of different fits, but my favorite is a dual web kiter that dunks people at 17ish km:

quote:

[Vigil Fleet Issue, dual web long kite]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Ballistic Control System II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Rocket Launcher II, Nova Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Nova Javelin Rocket
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
[empty rig slot]

Acolyte II x3

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

CommonShore posted:

Jesus, if I had the insurance payouts from every time that those guys went and did something that I told them to not do on the grounds that they were Official FCs and they know better than me and they're going to do it anyway, I'd be Querns.

Doubly ironic since Querns is out soloing at the moment in an RLML Rapier. :getin:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

so guys is citadels out yet

how many have we made so far

we made all of them. ccp had to stop the release because we got them all.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

Someone already got sucide ganked with a citadel bpo though

Quite a few, actually :) Cheaper than buying them yourself!

You can hit F5 on these links to see killmails containing citadel BPOs:

https://zkillboard.com/item/36966/ -- mediums (several today -- be sure to click that Falcon, it's amazing)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- larges (none yet today)
https://zkillboard.com/item/36967/ -- XLs (none yet today)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

Can you explain for a scrub? I get the falcon is an ECM boat and I think ECM is supposed to suck now (?) but short of "why was this guy moving 1 billion worth of BPOs in a force recon" I don't know enough to understand why this was so laughable

Prices haven't been updated -- that's more like 15B of BPOs in there. Assuming he bought them all at their base price:

* 6B for the Astrahus citadel BPO
* 3.6B in structure mod BPOs (they range from 200M for the tackle mods to 1B for the bomb launcher)
* 4.8B in new fighter BPOs (they're 300M each, he had 16)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if you're responding to despera you're doing this

when you should be doing this

when you're getting lectured by deadtear on how to not lose a titan, you know you've hit rock bottom. he poops a little every time autopilot takes him through R-6KYM

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

On a positive note, I managed to find a unicorn today in the ship skin collection -- got one of the Guristas Scorpion skins for a hair under 10B. (They weren't meant to be released, but were accidentally bundled in with some PLEX offer; there's less than 20 of them in the game at the moment.) That leaves pretty much two hyper-expensive rare skin on my list: the Umbral Nyx, and the Palatine Capsule.

Everything else is gettable through the NEX store if I want to get it. (I'm putting off completing my collection for now because some of the skins are stupidly ugly and not worth giving CCP money, especially when it comes to the Tronhadar Ink skins.)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

jm20 posted:

How did the dread track them?

They web/scram out to 70km or so, and neut out to 80km. They will gently caress you up.

Engaging a dread rat generally requires either A) non-trivial logi, or B) kiting it at 90-100km with droneboats or long-range marauders.

Best thing CCP's done in a while, imho.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

requesting a copy-paste of this to :blawrf: in the next jabber smiley pack

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Lack of Gravitas posted:

The constant in EVE fiction is that the whole universe is hosed up and especially even more so when it concerns capsuleers. Bodysnatchers kidnapping talented civilians to make implants for capsuleers is no big deal when there are teeming trillions of civilians to choose from and the amount of wealth a capsuleer can amass is more like that of a government rather than an individual.

Capsuleer income more resembles that of an entire planet, or even entire solar systems. In one of the Eve novelizations, 1 isk was equivalent to a middle-class person's salary for a year. There was a lore piece in which someone got their hands on a shuttle that a capsuleer had discarded, and selling the shuttle was sufficient for a family to live in luxury for multiple generations.

That's part of the reason that capsuleers are frightening to the average person in the Eve universe; they're basically gods.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

DiggityDoink posted:

The largest gun is what? 1600mm? So like 1/3 of an Escalade at once.

Biggest gun with a known size is 3500mm (XL artillery). I say "known size" because we don't know how big, say, the barrel of an Ion Siege Blaster is.

Three and a half meters, in diameter, though -- that's probably enough to fit an Escalade through.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

YouTuber posted:

If CCP nutted up and fixed Jump Freighters so they couldn't jump out of highsec the game would be infinitely better for it. If JF had to slowboat to a lowsec system before they could jump the game would infinitely better for it. Living deeper in nullsec and local industry will always be a moronic idea until then. No ship distorts the state of the game more than Jump Freighters. In 2007 you could outright kill Alliance war efforts by literally killing all the ships they had on hand. They just couldn't produce enough locally to form fleets after enough beat downs. Coordinated disruption of PvE (What Blackops was formed originally to do) and Strategic Ops would whittle groups down to the nub. RISE was a classic example of this, we killed them so much that they just didn't have ships to use. They would just sit in station listening to RoyofCA's speeches in local. If the same tactic was run against RISE today they'd have an infinite supply of ships since a JF would cyno in directly to the station.

evilweasel posted:

ok greyscale

He's not incorrect. Without JFs, the game would be much harsher, much more tactical. However, it'd be less fun for a large portion of the playerbase.

The rush of B-R advertising brought in a generation of players who mainly play Eve with the goal of "get dank frags" -- they want to log in, no matter where they are, get in fleet, and get fights. It's a fundamentally different audience from the generation before them who were motivated by the spy game, and building and/or destroying empires.

CCP won't make any changes to the game that risk pissing off piss off the r/eve crew.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So who has the first citadel. You guys should blow it up.

Pavka had it. It was in the Only Named System In Syndicate. Tishu killed it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Voyager I posted:

CantBelieveItsNotPavka.jpg

I made that butter pic, I'll have you know ;p

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

The Tuskers Co. ended up winning the series 3-1 to be crowned the season champions. They earned 45 of the rare Independent Gaming Commission [IGC] Typhoon skins. These were made specially for the Collides tournament in coordination with CCP.

We Form VOLTA, who took 2nd, received 30 skins. Warlords of the Deep, who placed 3rd, received 20 skins. Coming in 4th was Hard Knocks who received 15 skins.

Edit - Ullerm, what are your thoughts on the format for Collides versus the normal AT format? I know you used to be a big nerd about that stuff.

First, congrats to Tuskers, you guys are awesome.

I love the Worlds Collide format, although it's also super high stress for the team. Because you can't reuse any one hull for more than one format, it means you really need two things:

* A team of players that are extremely crosstrained and capable of flying many ships and many roles, which is hard to get without a bit of account-sharing.
* A really good tactical theorycrafter.

Something like the recent Amarr Championships, where you had standard-ish AT rules for the lower brackets but Collides rules for the finals, is really good IMO.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know if you saw the Fight Club matches either, but those were pretty cool and a different change of pace (http://www.eve-nt.uk/about-efc/). Basically, the concept used was it was a "fixed class fittings" idea, eg. Scythes had all the same fittings, etc. to sort of replicate other MOBAs/Battle Arena games (fittings used - http://www.eve-nt.uk/ship-fittings/). The goal for that was to, generally, make it far easier to understand what was going on even as a layman. The tournament also was based off the types and number of ships you destroyed in matches across the season. Pandemic Horde's team ended up winning it all by 1 point too which was kinda neat. I really liked it since I love poo poo like Bloodline Champions and I have been sorta joking about how CCP or someone should make a space themed BLC/Battlerite game focused on PVP and not tower defense poo poo etc. for a while.

I missed those (I was taking an eve break at the time). I really like that idea in the abstract; I'd go nuts trying to practice with it. Especially given how bad PL is at fitting ships ;)

Rhymenoserous posted:

Paging flanders to give us exact definitions of micro - small - medium and :frogsiren: fleet pvp

Dumb topic. My own personal definitions, which are purely opinion and have no relation to anything useful:

* Micro = <8 players (classic setup being 1-2 logi, 1 tackle, 5 dps)
* Small = 9-19 players
* Medium = 20-50 players
* Large = 50+

My rule of thumb is that a microfleet is small enough that you can remember what everyone else in the fleet is doing; they're deadly to an individual player or two, good for ganks and roams, but rarely able to impact any other fleet other than picking off retards on the edges. They're actually an ideal fleet size for entosis work, oddly enough.

Small fleets are mainly good for fighting other small fleets, and not much else; microfleets will run from them, and medium-size fleets will stomp them.

Medium fleets are basically where things start getting interesting tactically, because that's the threshold where you start having enough DPS to break ships under logi reps, and where you have enough logi of your own that you can ignore micro/small fleets.

vyst posted:

There was nothing redeeming about h1z1.

There was, for a little bit. I generally hate survival games, and I enjoyed it for a while, especially the DBRB raids where a bunch of nerds in tighty whities with bows and arrows would swarm over a hill and murder anything that moves. Three things ended up killing my interest in it, though:

1) Hackers largely ruined Survival mode. No point in building up bases when they could just clip through the walls. (To be fair, hackers are a problem with nearly any competitive FPS on the PC at the moment -- take The Division's Dark Zone, for example :\ However, it's especially bad for sandbox competitive games.)

2) Even when Survival wasn't hacked to bits, it felt primarily like a PvP game, not the PvEvP that I wanted. Zombies were basically a no-op to be ran around, or killed without any real effort or risk; the only real threat to anyone was another player. (Contrast with DayZ, where the zombies were often as dangerous as the players were.)

3) The Battle Royale mode became a runaway success (partly due to the format itself, and partly due to the poor balance of Survival), and Daybreak invested a disproportionately large amount of effort in it, leaving Survival mode largely neglected. They eventually said "gently caress it" and split it BR and Survival into two separate games, and it became pretty obvious at that point that whichever game had more activity would get all the dev effort. I looked down the road and saw a future where Daybreak would then start development on a new shiny and both H1Z1 games would be neglected, at which point I went "man, I'd rather play something else."

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, and re: interceptor fleets, they really are an absurd amount of fun, and DBRB's not the only one who murders poo poo with them. About my only complaint with them is that you really can't use LML inties with them, because you'll warp off before your damage applies.

And please don't quote dumb D-name posts :(

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I am howling. Everyone shut the gently caress up about Eve and read this thread.

This. I'm not sure whether to double over with laughter or cry sad tears for the terrible advice therein. "Who shall find a valiant MRA? Look: We are all around you!"

This is why I disagree with Dear Leader -- r/eve is a community! Indeed, it is a culture! Unfortunately, it's the kind of culture that's usually grown in petri dishes while wearing a positive pressure suit.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

at least i get some

Every time Globby shoots his load he pictures a bunch of stealth bombers being ejected from a Bowhead

e: And every time, after he finishes, the police show up to take him away

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 2, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Here's my 10,000 word complaint attention whore post were I cite no examples and whine like a tea kettle.

*where

:shobon:

e: Feel like a real response. Sorry to see you go, Angelique. I'm not going to point-by-point dissect your post; I'll just say "good luck" -- and I think you'll need it, because you're leaving a slightly damaged lawn in search of FieldTurf.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 3, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Moral of the story. A bunch of MiniLuv dudes unironically suggested I go find a boat fleet, as they're more fun.

Normally I would not recommend DBRB fleets, but he's honestly a loving riot when it comes to flying swordfleets.

The entire shtick of a DBRB swordfleet is "gangwarp at 10km on top of a target, no matter how many bubbles there are. Immediately initiate gangwarp out as soon as you land, and while everyone's aligning, they lock and fire one volley." When you've got 50+ inties with rails and beams, that one volley will alpha most cruisers. And if it doesn't alpha them, it's fine, because hostiles generally won't be able to lock an inty unless they've got an instalocker (and/or someone hosed up), so you can just warp back in and do it again. He cackles with glee with each kill, and it's fun as gently caress.

In a pinch, just grab me and yell at me if I'm online, and we'll go out and do poo poo. :)

On an unrelated note, take a look at these loving bits of :ccp: from the last day or two of patch notes:

quote:

* Projector and Doomsday super-weapons no longer affect ships in invulnerable states (POS shields, tethered, gate jump cloak)
* Doomsdays can now damage Citadels, Drones and Fighters.
* Lance, Reaper and BFG Doomsday devices are now correctly reducing damage based on target signature radius.
* The range of the new Doomsday weapons has been re-calibrated to the advertised range.

* Ships with active siege modules can no longer jump through stargates.

* Fixed an issue where the Micro Jump Field Generator would not drop tethering.

* Fixed an issue where undocking from a station can cause the overview to stop refreshing.

* D-scan: Fixed scan range and angle changes made with mouse scroll not taking effect.
* Force Auxiliary ships will now appear on directional-scan and probe-scan results as intended.

* Right-click menus for items in space: The "Warp to..." entries should now always appear as the top options, above any Approach/Align entries. (This is only relevant for items further than minimum warp distance of 150km, but closer than the recently-increased maximum approach distance of 10,000km).

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

There was someone in the last thread who was blacklisted and part of the stated reasoning was them criticizing GSF leadership, which was quickly denounced as not being true and criticism on GF.com of leadership is welcomed. So it's a bit confusing why criticism of your guys leadership is now being used as a reason to blacklist another person. Regardless, its funny that people jumped on Zephyrine so quickly for saying she was leaving and joining Horde, presumably for the time being, after doing a bunch of logistics work to get peoples poo poo out.

I know this is low grade r/eve trolling, but I'm gonna bite. Here's some examples of criticizing GSF leadership, all of which are true criticisms, and all of which have been said without reprisal in the last month or less:

* "I think the directorate was dumb for de-modding deadtear, he may be an rear end in a top hat but he's not a jerk"
* "I think Flanders is being retarded with the Malediction fit, the extra speed isn't necessary, here's a better fit"
* "I think Mittens goes clubbing too often and poo poo falls apart when he's gone, he should either delegate more or club less"
* "I think Asher has poor fashion sense, Serpentis jackets are much better looking"

Notice that all of these items involve naming a specific thing that someone did wrong; some of the good examples even include the reasoning for why it was wrong, or a proposal of what should have been done instead.

Compare with "unspecified members of the directorate did some spooky unspecified mean things that I'm unhappy with, so I'm leaving." This neither specifies an action that was performed, nor explains why an action was harmful, nor does it propose an alternative. It just raises innuendo, encourages people to assume the worst, muddying the water with no opening for improvement or restitution.

In other words, it's not criticism -- it's low-class attention whoring, with a hint of baseless innuendo and muckraking to boot. And that's r/eve's favorite flavor of pigslop.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

gonna have to be flanders then because i no-joke have no idea what the hell you're on about

Ugh, I had to take her off ignore to find out what you were talking about.

Frankly, Zeph, I've got no clue what you're hinting at, and I find myself not really caring either. All I know is that you promised to leave quietly, and ended up doing anything but that. So, my answer is: Don't bother. I'm perfectly happy continuing on with my life without hearing your grand and glorious secret. I continue to hope that you'll be happier wherever you end up; this is a video game, after all.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the viceroy thing was bad and dumb

Confirming the viceroy idea was dumb, but frankly, I don't think it was a root cause. Trying to point out any one thing as the source of The Casino War is futile. Hell, even trying to point out one thing as "the straw that broke the camel's back" is futile.

(It's almost like claiming that WW1 started because of Franz Ferdinand.)

I know the origins, but :five: anyways. I'm sad that you left the ICP joke from the original in there, though -- that was an easy layup to be turned into a pegging joke.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Khablam posted:

I mean are we really doing "made you read" ?

It's better than "made you undock," honestly.

Also, jesus, EFT still not updated. Looks like I'm finally switching full-time to PyFa.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Yes, poor abused souls. Mittens personally arrives at their house every morning, starts Eve and Jabber, logs them in, and holds them at gunpoint while they work.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Like I almost want to get into Ilum one day on a lark so I can see all of the abuse that is just clearly being heaped around. I'm sure it's riveting boring as gently caress.

It's pretty boring. Basically, imagine gsfops with less random whining and more TMDC corporate shares being handed out.

Every 12 hours, Mittens sticks his head in for 30 minutes to make sure everything's still running without him, and then disappears to the club. As soon as he's gone, we breathe a sigh of relief and go back to making pegging jokes. Atrum makes hourly reports on how many reimbursement requests he's denied that hour. I pick random fits from EFT and post it in the channel to see how many groans it produces; today, it was a hull-tanked Pilgrim. Aryth describes the thrill of cornering the Jita market for high heels. Asher comments on the half-hour avatar hairstyling regime that is mandatory for continued membership in Reavers; after a few minutes of that, Nymblar sighs and arranges for a daily freighter run to Jita to supply Reavers with adequate hair spray and concealer. Mirana and Twizzlespark report on the 52 wormholes they checked today in search of a Razor fleet. Querns mentions that he just got high; he does that roughly every two hours.

Occasionally, DBRB posts a link to something funny, and we all click it. Sometimes it's an animated gif of a dancing cat; sometimes it's a dumb Reddit post; sometimes, it's a soundcloud of Gobbins yelling at a phorde FC that just got bombed, telling him that he's not allowed to FC feroxes anymore and is restricted to frigate fleets until further notice. Whatever it is, a DBRB link is a guaranteed sensible chuckle.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

vyst posted:

Does it still exist? I don't have access to gsf mumble anymore so I don't know. Or are you clinging to life the flimsy argument.

The channel no longer exists -- it was renamed. :colbert: When you see poo poo like that, you don't stop yelling.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

BTW, everyone should be looking at DHD's twitter meltdown atm.

Turns out that TEST was renting a VPS from Delimiter to host their Mumble server, and someone used that server for DDOSes. Delimiter has now terminated TEST's hosting contract, leaving them without working voice comms, and a million angry neckbeards are attacking the company on Twitter thinking that this will improve things.

(Delimeter's handling of this doesn't look great either, but man, it's all sorts of :jerky: to watch.)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

they're called ancillary systems probably cause ccp envisioned them as secondary tanks but the shield ones are basically their own tank system so lol

i think they probably were originally capless but after playtesting ccp realized that having a clearly superior tanking system was loving stupid so they made both their own thing

E: actually its definitely cause of volume. paste is tiny, cap boosters are probably like 80% of your cargo bay

It's better than that -- FAXes can currently drag the contents of a ship in their SMA into their own cargo hold. So, you can fit multiple Capital ASBs to a Minokawa, put a couple of Deep Space Transports full of Navy3200 charges into their SMA, and just run full out for 20+ minutes.

:ccp:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

evilweasel posted:

I mean, you could start with saying what the reforms you want are, either in this thread or hit me up on jabber (if I ignore you though, it's likely that i'm on one computer and it went to the other so I may respond in a few hours). I am always happy to listen to complaints and address them if I can. Sometimes, there are people you can't make happy - either because what they want and what everyone else wants are incompatible, or because they're just kind of a shitler (and my guess is, that's what the mittens post you're thinking of is about) - but most of the time there's something that we can work on.

FWIW, if weasel doesn't pick up, feel free to ping me as well, any medium you want. I haven't been around as long, but worst case, I don't know why something is the way it is, and I'll try to find out.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Paging Ullerm,

I was doing some prep work for a project and found this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0rFy0-Iz1M

I spoke to Tyrrax after I posted it in the #habit channel. Apparently he wasn't even piloting it when it happened :laugh:

Yep, Tyrrax is basically the king of losing rare ships. :) There's only one left out of the four, making it tied with the Fedathron for the rarest ship in the game.

(Technically, a fifth Impoc briefly existed, but was given back to CCP in an event.)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Xolve posted:

Bitch please.

Take your 40 posts and gently caress off.

Of all the angles of attack... you chose to post count shame? Are you sure that's your final answer?

• Locked thread