Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

TMM and the gang

TMMadman posted:

I feel like Quids is genuinely annoyed here and Jake is just being standard Jake, eh? It would take a pretty good case to make me want to vote either of them, eh?

I don't really care for PMush's comment because that line about not knowing what to think 'alignment wise' feels forced and self-conscious, eh?

However, I think one thing we can all agree on is that Hal is always scum, eh?

##vote Hal

Max posted:

Calling a player scummy and then throwing down a dumb vote on someone who hasn't even checked in since the day started. Cool.

Kashuno posted:

This, however, is bad. "I think this person is scum, but I'm gonna joke vote."

These are both reasonable reactions to TMM's post, because his calls on people here don't follow his line of thinking. He is essentially saying "I have town feels on Quid and Jake in their interactions and think they are telling the truth, and I also can see how you would think PMush is fake." He is agreeing with my post and vote, which means he IS making an alignment call here. I don't really see another way to interpret that.

So let's now see his defense on this....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Wait, saying something feels forced and self-conscious is now calling someone scummy, eh?

If I had wanted to say PMush was scummy, I would have called her scummy, eh? Forced and self-conscious does not always equal scum, eh?

Yeah, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Why did you back off here, TMM, you were VERY clearly agreeing with my call, which included a vote on her, and which very clearly from my end said "I think PMush is faking content and therefore scum here." If you were agreeing with that, it WOULD follow that you thought she was scummy. I don't get this about face.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

In order to get some kind of clarification on it from the poster, eh?

Plus, it's also a good way to get reactions from other people, eh?

For example, Kash thinks PMush's comment is too obvious to be scum, but my post is essentially the same thing with just a slight twist and Kash thinks it's scummy, eh?

This doesn't actually answer the question posed by Max and Kash. Feels like weird dodging.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, eh?

In my opinion, my comment on PMush is basically the same as her comment about Quid/Jake, eh? PMush says the reaction is weird, I say I don't like a comment and then neither us makes an alignment call on the people in question, eh? Where's the difference, eh?

This is flat out false, I voted her for it. I don't know why you're also framing this in the context of your comments on me and Jake when the discussion is about our comments and YOUR comments on Pmush. This is a very weird reaction.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

Wow, that was some fun bedtime reading.

I guess I'll vote PMush if we're coming up on deadline, but I don't want to. She is dangerous scum, but she's also very helpful town, and on balance, especially on D1....

Yeah, I don't want to vote her if we can find literally anything else, for now. If there are legit scum reads on her tomorrow then by all means.

This is still an amazingly bad post and I really want to vote Pmuch for this, my lord.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

When are my posts ever not bad? This is a stupid bad vote.

This is a bad reason to tell someone their vote is bad and completely ignores the content aspect of all of this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

When do I ever mince words? If I think something is scummy I just call it scummy. What PMush said wasn't scummy, it was just bad and stupid and felt self-conscious. But town is often self-conscious, so trying to frame it as me saying it's scummy is just loving dumb.

This feels like a complete 180 from what you were saying before, which was essentially "nah I made no alignment call there, I was just commenting on it." Again, in the context of my bringing it up initially and voting for it, and you agreeing with it, you made a soft call of her being scummy. How do you justify that?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

When have I ever not said what I was thinking in a game of Mafia? Even if it's ultimately useless at the time, I still voice my opinions and thoughts because that's how the game is played.

Your essentially saying that you'd rather have me be a lurker and not contribute anything.

In short, stop being stupid.

This anger reads fake. I think TMM screwed up here and is not backing down well, would vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

There is no alignment thoughts on her for that comment. Once again, if I wanted to add more then I would have. It was a stupid comment by PMush and it deserved to be called stupid.

Every single comment does not need to contain an alignment call, but making a comment and then drawing attention to the fact that you aren't making an alignment call is stupid, but not necessarily scummy.

Again, completely different from what he said initially and also dragging mafia theory in to distract from the content point.

I am done reading this, gonna basically just repeat myself. On to KB.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not having a problem with KB's initial post of his thoughts and his follow up of "I would also be OK to lurker cuddle." I also have no problem with PMush coming in and saying this makes her continue to have weird feels, because without knowing the context in his mind (he hadn't explained it yet) I can get where she's coming from. Once he explains it and she responds, I feel a lot better about both of them.

THIS, however, is hella weird:

Kashuno posted:

Pmush this KB push is gross

Why? Where did this come from? Explain, Kashu.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

agree with the gang on pmach

e_e

Weird me-tooing from Kashuno not related to anything that is being discussed, continuing to have bad feels here

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also what the gently caress B. "I'm not going to discuss an ongoing game but here's me discussing an ongoing game".

This I also don't like from PMush. Like, cool, call him out for it, it was kind of crappy to do, but at this point in my reread I am feeling like KB is making a lot of sense and has responded to PMush really well and Pmush just...ignores all of this? She doesn't even come back to finish commentary on this, just moves on to "what the heck you did a bad thing." Very odd.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMuch needs to return but I am going to drop a vote there because that post is terrible. ##vote PMuch

My vote WOULD be on TMM here, very strongly potentially. But I want to hear TMM explain what he was doing more clearly because his explanation up to this point has been all over the place and weak. Concisely explain what you meant and show your work, please. TMM in the last few games I've seen him as scum wouldn't even be posting anything at all, so I'm pausing a little bit on meta here, which is probably why I am giving the benefit of the doubt atm.

Bad feels about Kashuno.

PMush I was feeling better about but the lack of commentary on KB is makin' me pause too. Explain?

I like KB and Max for town. JakeP I am still on the fence about, he's been kind of disengaged like when he was scum in that one game I caught him in. Seeing him doing the same sideliney play and don't get his outing of our roles.

Other people need to post!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm in the middle of something at work but am reading and nodding my head.

Did you mean to vote for PMach?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I'm not having a problem with KB's initial post of his thoughts and his follow up of "I would also be OK to lurker cuddle." I also have no problem with PMush coming in and saying this makes her continue to have weird feels, because without knowing the context in his mind (he hadn't explained it yet) I can get where she's coming from. Once he explains it and she responds, I feel a lot better about both of them.

THIS, however, is hella weird:

Why? Where did this come from? Explain, Kashu.

I didn't like pmush being all "This poo poo real weird" about KB wanting to lynch lurkers even if it is early. Looks like it may be just an easy thing to fall back on later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes, thank you. ##PMach

p. much :v:

Back to changing the world through music education!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, ##unvote for now because I thought I had already done this.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

I like KB and Max for town. JakeP I am still on the fence about, he's been kind of disengaged like when he was scum in that one game I caught him in. Seeing him doing the same sideliney play and don't get his outing of our roles.

I have never been called disengaged as the top poster in a game before :confused:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And its not even like I just made a tno of poo poo posts, almsot all of my posts are serious game posts. Weird

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Personally, TM is a null read, and I'd rather not vote them except to avoid a no vote. I feel like every game I've been in with TM, they've had an awkward D1 and I empathize.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Yes, thank you. ##PMach

p. much :v:

Back to changing the world through music education!

This vote won't work either.

And looks like someone assigned your vote for pmuch to pmush, so fyi your vote isn't where you want it.

Votecount for Day 1

Propaganda Machine (3): Kashuno, Kashuno, TMMadman, Poison Mushroom, JakeP
TMMadman (2): SirSamVimes, King Burgundy
CapitalistPig (1): Kashuno
Poison Mushroom (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, JakeP, Max, JakeP, Max
Hal Incandenza (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Amoeba102 (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
King Burgundy (0): Max, Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (6): Amoeba102, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Max, Propaganda Machine

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 30th, 2016 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I have never been called disengaged as the top poster in a game before :confused:

JakeP posted:

And its not even like I just made a tno of poo poo posts, almsot all of my posts are serious game posts. Weird

I think people have this mental image of you just being a shitposter and it subconsciously looms over any read of you they might have.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Personally, TM is a null read, and I'd rather not vote them except to avoid a no vote. I feel like every game I've been in with TM, they've had an awkward D1 and I empathize.

That's how I feel about Prop. She is pretty much always viewed as scummy for her weird posting. She quit mafia once over always being killed D1 in part because of that. Not going to vote her for it on D1.

That game I didn't want to talk about is over now. I had TMM pegged as town pretty early in that one and was right. I'm not feeling this as town TMM so far.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
It does fit his scum meta a bit. If he were town I would expect him to have 100+ posts already, a dozen crazy theories, and for him to call at least 75% of the people scrutinizing him scum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

Weren't you the top poster in that game where I fingered you as scum, called you disengaged in your posting, and you subsequently flipped out and reverse cased me because "I'm never disengaged as the top poster?"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

This vote won't work either.

And looks like someone assigned your vote for pmuch to pmush, so fyi your vote isn't where you want it.

Votecount for Day 1

Propaganda Machine (3): Kashuno, Kashuno, TMMadman, Poison Mushroom, JakeP
TMMadman (2): SirSamVimes, King Burgundy
CapitalistPig (1): Kashuno
Poison Mushroom (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Quidnose, JakeP, Max, JakeP, Max
Hal Incandenza (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Amoeba102 (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
King Burgundy (0): Max, Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (6): Amoeba102, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Max, Propaganda Machine

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 30th, 2016 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

What is this nonsense

##vote Props

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have set that so it will work now, boooo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Weren't you the top poster in that game where I fingered you as scum, called you disengaged in your posting, and you subsequently flipped out and reverse cased me because "I'm never disengaged as the top poster?"

I don't remember?

I don't see how you can legitimately thing any of my posting in this game has been disengaged at all though regardless of past games

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote TMMadman

He's spent too long awkwardly joking, with all the ehs and joke voting Hal. He defensive about his lovely posting and didn't really convince me that he was genuine.

I skimmed a bit but TMM really stood out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
drat, make one questionable post and everyone's after me. Yeesh.

This is a more interesting D1 than usual so I guess that's good. And when I flip town you'll have a lot to go on.

I'd rather not flip, though. I'm sure somebody will think this post sucks, too, and it'll be hammertime.

Still gotta try. I'll self-hammer if I get to -1, but for now I'm going with my gut, and the argumentation for, well, not-me:

##vote TMM

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

I don't remember?

I don't see how you can legitimately thing any of my posting in this game has been disengaged at all though regardless of past games

I'm saying I could SEE you playing the fence here and not really committing. But I also am annoyed at you and wondering what the hell you did that for so that is undeniably coloring my current opinion of you and I haven't reread you at all.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'll self-hammer if I get to -1

I've mentioned this before, but don't ever do this as town, please. It means one less other person has to be on your miscuddle. Gives us less to work with.

If you are scum, self hammering can be a good move.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

drat, make one questionable post and everyone's after me. Yeesh.

This is a more interesting D1 than usual so I guess that's good. And when I flip town you'll have a lot to go on.

I'd rather not flip, though. I'm sure somebody will think this post sucks, too, and it'll be hammertime.

Still gotta try. I'll self-hammer if I get to -1, but for now I'm going with my gut, and the argumentation for, well, not-me:

##vote TMM

This post feels town to me. Not the self voting stuff though that's weird, and I am not sure I can really explain why it feels town. It doesn't come across self conscious, and she doesn't try to pretend to have a new reason to vote TMM. Something about how she admits her reason to vote TMM is a bit self defense. I dunno maybe its a gut thing but for now I think pmach is just an awkward posting townie

##vote TMM
TMMs town game is super recognizable and this isn't it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

I've mentioned this before, but don't ever do this as town, please. It means one less other person has to be on your miscuddle. Gives us less to work with.

If you are scum, self hammering can be a good move.

and yeah. seconding this

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
In before TMM says "I'm trying to change my meta"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I would likely vote TMM now but that would put him at -1, so I'm going to sit tight since we have time to discuss things.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But I can't reconcile why he had so much trouble with Kash and I saying he claimed Pmush was scummy. It feels awkward and deliberately constructed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
drat, we're that close already?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You will sideline comment on that, PMush, but won't respond to this or my initial point about presenting any kind of statement on an evolving or stagnant opinion on KB, which was...this point?

Quidnose posted:

This I also don't like from PMush. Like, cool, call him out for it, it was kind of crappy to do, but at this point in my reread I am feeling like KB is making a lot of sense and has responded to PMush really well and Pmush just...ignores all of this? She doesn't even come back to finish commentary on this, just moves on to "what the heck you did a bad thing." Very odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd say there is no point waiting an arbitrary time to vote, but we have 3 people who have not really posted.

• Locked thread