Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa a lot is happening here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Don't let TMMs bluster back you down, that looks weak

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I definitely think PMush is a good vote but we still have some time left and I want to say a little more before the day ends.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

OK, no response, ##vote Poison Mushroom

That's -2, I believe.

It's been less than an hour, you are really itchy with that trigger finger bucko

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Gonna leave this here until he stops saying eh. ##vote TMM

SirSamVimes posted:

Everything always happens while I'm asleep...

Right now I think Propaganda Machine looks the scummiest of the lynch candidates for that incredibly awkward "well gee pmush looks scum but eh" post.

##vote pmach

Even though there is no other content at all, I would vote Sir Sam Vimes based on these two posts alone. Especially the second one, since the first is disguised a bit as a joke-vote but it's still bad.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

wouldn't you have to actually say something first before you can say a little more?

yeah, true

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's been less than an hour, you are really itchy with that trigger finger bucko

You seem pretty solid to me Max, so on reflection I didn't mean anything by this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have a strong feeling that cpig is scum in this game. His jokes feel more forced and less casual than usual.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I knew that mushroom was bad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba you are making mountains out of molehills

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is it true what TMM says, that Kashuno lies a lot as town? I don't really have any memory of that being the case

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I am inclined to agree with Amoeba and Hal coming in with zero content other than to call out Amoeba is pretty "scum lurking Hal" meta, imo

I mean that's what was happening at the time I stopped driving all day and got a hotel so obviously it's the thing I'm going to comment on, it's kind of what was going on.

Also please go on about my scum meta quidnose

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMM and Kash are coming off like they are scum bros right now who are flailing about to try and find somewhere to push the momentum off of Kash and aren't finding good options (or they are just being lazy about it)

I mean TMM said more but it wasn't all that much more compelling than kashs lurker vote.

Seriously, do scum ever actually "congratulate" themselves in the thread for lynching scum/third party or is that a convenient excuse to use when you are trying to generate a fake case? I find it is the latter.

I'm you want to go after a poster who's small amount of content is actually scummy go after SSV

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

idk man I don't think quid is town but it's a few hours to deadline and I don't see anyone else joining me since eeveryone thinks I'm scum so yolo

I mean why do you really think Quid is scum? Quid is doing what own quid does, and that's grasp at straws and decide that his read on the situation is the only one and make terrible cases. Scum quidnose is usually more town-seeming and reasonable.

Is your whole case just that he didn't go back to his suspicion from yesterday?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Does anyone else feel like this is a bad argument?

First of all, when I'm scum I don't kill the guy who's trying the hardest to get me lynched. It's way too obvious and whenever it does happen, it's because scum are trying to get me mislynched using the argument you're using now.

Second when I'm scum, I usually use the D1 kill to settle a personal score. In this game, it would be SSV because of his comments in the scum doc of the recent D&D game. He said in it that he likes to kill me on D1 when he's scum and I'm going to get my revenge at some point. If I have no personal score to settle, then I usually kill a lurker because town can get really make any connections from that kill. In this game, it would have been one of Hal, SSV or Chaos.

I don't know if you're scum Pmach, but I really feel like you're twisting things to fit your view of me as scum.

Yeah, I agree, mostly with your first point because the second is self-meta and whatever, but everyone has different reasons for picking scum and "because they are on to something" isn't any more likely than anything else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose how have you not gotten better at mafia after all these years?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Hi I'm around.

Kash's selfvote then immediately unvote seems like feigned frustration.

Any objections to the hammer going down?

I object to you have never mentioned Kash then just deciding it's cool to hammer based only on the most recent things he's done, but don't let that stop you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm going to go with an immediate gut call and say I'm only willing to vote Chaoslord, CPig, Hal or SSV today.

The gut call is that my previous thinking on TMM was wrong, Max said something weirdly town, and I don't want to worry about Quid/Jake.

Why have you changed your mind on TMM exactly?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm going to go with an immediate gut call and say I'm only willing to vote Chaoslord, CPig, Hal or SSV today.

The gut call is that my previous thinking on TMM was wrong, Max said something weirdly town, and I don't want to worry about Quid/Jake.

Man I really don't like this post, why would you make this post Amoeba.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Because I'm second guessing myself.

That's not good mafia play. Go with your instinct unless evidence tells you otherwise. I don't think of you as a second guesser normally.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I would vote, but I'm waiting on votefinder to be changed to Day 3.

Vote for who?

Me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Explain the difference between these posts, in that case.

What I'm getting down to, is that I don't really agree with the assessment that Hal is scum based on their dancing around PMush. I know I wasn't 100% certain about how PMush was going to flip, but I did think PMush was a good choice for the day but we would benefit from more discussion (I forgot nights were open.) And Hal's followup reads weren't really bad.

I didn't even really dance around PMush. One of my few posts was calling out PMush for backing down in a scummy way, and then I said PMush was a good vote but I didn't see any reason to rush the vote. I don't even understand what the point Quid is trying to make around that is anyway, usually you dance around because you are reluctant to hard bus your scumbuddy, but no matter what you think my alignment is I clearly wasn't on the same team as PMush.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Is that really all you got, Hal? :raise:

Nah I have a lot more but I'm slow-playing my hand

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Hal coming strong on Amoeba once again shows a distinct lack of paying attention to the game. Would vote.

TMM is also a good vote today, unless he comes in with something brilliant.

First off how is not paying attention a scumtell? As scum I feel compelled to pay a lot more attention/

Second why does calling out Amoeba for coming in here and saying "well, apropos of nothing I will only vote for these four people that are the lowest posters and I won't vote anyone else even the people I had suspicion of because of no reason whatsoever and I'm not going to offer reasons for any of this" not bother you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Well great, just what I wanted to see, another person who was actively casing me dead to start the day. I'm positive that I'm being setup as a patsy by scum at this point. I called in sick to work today and spent the day dozing, so I'm probably not going to post much else tonight.

I'm pretty sure that Hal/Jake are on that scum team at this point. Hal has been casting shade on people but he still hasn't dropped a vote on anyone. Jake dropped his vote on Kash early yesterday and then basically disappeared for the rest of the day. He just let Kash screw himself over and was probably laughing the whole time as town jumped on it. Then to top it off, Jake came in today and dropped his vote immediately on me for essentially meta reasons.

I think Quid is pretty clearly town at this point and I can understand his suspicion about me even though I know it's wrong. I'm also reading Amoeba as town. Both of them seem like they are trying to figure out the game and being sincere with their reads.

Max is probably town, but I'm really going to have to give him a re-read tomorrow when I'm feeling better. I could see SSV being scum, but I can't really see both Hal and SSV as scum together. I think Hal has been much scummier, but if Hal ends up flipping town then I'd be looking hard at SSV. CPig hasn't really posted any real reads and it seems like he's just skimming along on the surface of the game, so it's possible that he's scum and I'd vote him to avoid dealing with that at the end game. Chaos has the least amount of posts, but there is some content there and it's not too bad although I'm going to have to give it a re-read tomorrow to confirm my feelings.

I think the best vote for today is one of Hal/Jake and I'll start with ##vote Hal since I made a case against him yesterday.

Those are my current sickness addled thoughts about the game at this point. I'm going back to dozing off while the Cubs game plays in the background.

scumpost.txt

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opop lay off the maple syrup and fix votefinder so I can vote TMM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Untrue, and I've proven this through analysis of your play. Go reread!

And my point is you, as scum, wouldn't want to push towards a PMush miscuddle because you would KNOW you weren't on the same team as PMush. Come on, man.

I read it and it doesn't seem right to me, sorry. I don't see how I was distancing myself in the least.

Your analysis is very poor.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Because Amoeba, unmprompted, claimed SK cop after PMush was cuddled. Not seeing that as a scum move on D1 with no pressure.

You, again, are not reading. Opop, fix this poo poo so I can vote Hal plz thx.

Yes, no way scum couldn't be a legit SK cop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

TMM is the scum.

I have it on good authority. ;)

##vote TMM

Me too, I have it on good authority too. Trust us.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Joke fell flat.

##vote TMM

I laughed at the awkwardness of it all

##vote TMM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

!!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

did anyone even really stick up for tmm at all though? I just remember kash, and he was town

Not much, at least recently. Amoebas "changed my mind on him" was the closest, but that was pretty passive

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why would you vote me?

I was all over TMM before Cpig claimed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Uh, Cpig didn't claim anything bro, nobody thought he was the cop. Wasn't PMach dead beginning of that day?

well he PRETENDED to claim which made everyone pile on, but I was already calling out TMM. Come on don't be a pedant

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Oh I forgot about the janitor :v:

Quid not reading or paying attention, must be scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Just dont turbo me when the day starts, ok?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I suppose you're safe from dying at night if you're town since you're a default execution. But if you've got something to say, use the open night.

I'll start: I was an SK cop and had an additional win condition to catch the SK with a night action. So much for that ey.

Did you stop visiting people after the SK died?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I didn't even start since Pmush died D1.

So you are saying you never went anywhere any night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you are saying you never went anywhere any night?

Ehhh I will just trust you. I don't know that your role still couldn't be scum but whatever.

I was a JOAT who could doc, watch and track. N1 I docced Amoeba because I like him, N2 I watched TMM kill PropMach, N3 I tracked Amoeba who went nowhere. I am out of powers.

• Locked thread