Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordVonEarlDuke

i was on a big tv dry spell after marathonning all of The Americans with wifey but now thats back and so is the HBO Veep / GoT / Silicon Valley trifecta. Peak TV my droogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Yobgoblin posted:

What do you guys think of Mr. Robot?

i like the bit where they remade fightclub except it took 13 hours to get to the point

hi how are you ♥

tao of lmao

i flunked out posted:

nathan for you is an extremely good show

Never heard of it. What's it about?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

tao of lmao posted:

It's on Comedy Central, nathan tries to help companies/people with innovative ideas that end up being terrible. Good show.

Anyone with netflix I cannot recommend enough that you check out High Maintenance. It's about " the guy" a pot dealer in Brooklyn and each 5-15 minute episode is about the people he's delivering too.

bacalou

just finished rewatching all of venture bros and dang is that poo poo top shelf

alnilam

Shakill OReal posted:

Home Movies is great. I'm re-watching old early/mid 2000s Adult Swim cartoons like Sealab and Frisky Dingo. I never watched Frisky Dingo before but I really like it, it's an early Archer by the same people and I like it more than Archer.

Yeah i loved Frisky Dingo and never really got into Archer, but mine probably wasn't a fair opinion cause when Archer came out i was all excited for what i expected to be "the new frisky dingo" and it didn't quite meet my expectations

SeaLab and home movies are also still so good to watch, as well as space ghost c2c and hell even its predecessor cartoon planet

alnilam

Brak on cartoon planet is probably the most byob personality of all time

bacalou posted:

just finished rewatching all of venture bros and dang is that poo poo top shelf

h*ck yes

bacalou

peter white would totally post on byob

tao of lmao

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/critics-notebook-limitless-finale-is-887862

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

The Brak Show is totally the most byob show ever

the unabonger

tao of lmao posted:

do you remember dumb starbucks? that was a thing nathan fielder did for nathan for you.

he also created a jacket company for the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Im37oRMRE

Luvcow posted:

It's on Comedy Central, nathan tries to help companies/people with innovative ideas that end up being terrible. Good show.

Anyone with netflix I cannot recommend enough that you check out High Maintenance. It's about " the guy" a pot dealer in Brooklyn and each 5-15 minute episode is about the people he's delivering too.

this, but its not even that all of them are terrible, but some make the business a tiny amount of money for a huge amount of really out there effort, like how he gets a gas station to offer a huge rebate but to get the rebate the people would have to take an overnight hike while doing a scavenger hunt...

The X-man cometh
I'm really digging Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

LordVonEarlDuke

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm really digging Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

that and Jane the Virgin are my two CW guilty pleasures

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i like the bit where they remade fightclub except it took 13 hours to get to the point

it had a lot of filler.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao @ kenny vs spenny

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Butt Frosted Cake

I've been watching old columbo episodes

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Same but Dragnet

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Rockford Files

The X-man cometh
Magnum PI comes on before the news, and somehow it holds up.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

The X-man cometh posted:

magnum rules, best episode is the one where he gets lost at sea while treading water, looking at his watch and remembering his dad

also he wears a navy seal hat sometimes

alnilam

m*a*s*h without the laugh track... so good

alnilam

without the laugh track its basically like catch 22 in show form

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

alnilam posted:

the first three seasons of m*a*s*h without the laugh track... so good

alnilam

yeah tbh I've only seen the first 4.5 and it's still good but less good by the 5th

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

alnilam posted:

yeah tbh I've only seen the first 4.5 and it's still good but less good by the 5th

there's not much point pressing on. laughs get pretty thin on the ground and you keep hoping it'll turn around but it never does

hi how are you ♥

the unabonger

The X-man cometh posted:

magnum pi is the reason i wanted to go to vietnam, and then ended up going

alnilam

I never watched dragnet but i really like the parody dragnet guys in who shot mr burns part 2

mags

Friday and Gannon encounter neo-nazis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnhj7z_EdUs

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
treasure bear

im rewatching breaking bad so i can be unbearable and ask everyone if they've seen it twice and talk about it endlessly all over again

treasure bear

you see at this moment he hass really become heisenberg hence the dark shirt

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I enjoy British panel shows like Would I Lie To You, QI and 8 out of 10 Cats.

I really enjoyed The Following, even though every episode featured multiple Kevin Bacon appearances.

Murdoch Mysteries is top notch, I enjoy the fact they keep adding more and more eyeliner on him and act like he's not an Emo Teen.

I like Sherlock, if I wasn't married, Benedict Cumberbatch would be a top tier candidate to try the limits of my supposed heterosexuality with.

I can't get into GoT, Vikings and all that. I start watching an episode and midway through find myself browsing ebay on my phone.

One show I quite enjoy is this animation called Richard and Mortimer. It's really funny but can also change gears to something more serious at times.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

this sums up my feelings on Mr robot better than I could TBH. It started out great, but after watching the finale I was angrier than after the Lost finale.

mags

QI is good

deep dish peat moss

tao of lmao

8 out of 10 cats is also very funny.

alnilam

tao of lmao posted:

8 out of 10 cats is also very funny.

yeah but those last two just aren't funny at all

The X-man cometh

alnilam posted:

yeah but those last two just aren't funny at all

Ace of Baes
Limitless tv show is way better than the movie

Nathan for you is also really good especially the gas station rebate episode

big black turnout

rupauls drag race is my favorite show but there's only a couple more episodes left in this season

unbreakable kimmy schmidt is good and somehow we haven't blown through the new season yet

im also pretty happy that deadbeat is back and with kal penn to top it off

Ace of Baes
im only like 3 eps into the new kimmy schmidit but it seems a lot more hit and miss than the first season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout

Ace of Baes posted:

im only like 3 eps into the new kimmy schmidit but it seems a lot more hit and miss than the first season

I thought maybe it was just because i've been sad that I didn't find it as funny but yeah i agree

• Locked thread