Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Shakill OReal posted:

Home Movies is great. I'm re-watching old early/mid 2000s Adult Swim cartoons like Sealab and Frisky Dingo. I never watched Frisky Dingo before but I really like it, it's an early Archer by the same people and I like it more than Archer.

Yeah i loved Frisky Dingo and never really got into Archer, but mine probably wasn't a fair opinion cause when Archer came out i was all excited for what i expected to be "the new frisky dingo" and it didn't quite meet my expectations

SeaLab and home movies are also still so good to watch, as well as space ghost c2c and hell even its predecessor cartoon planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Brak on cartoon planet is probably the most byob personality of all time

bacalou posted:

just finished rewatching all of venture bros and dang is that poo poo top shelf

h*ck yes

alnilam

m*a*s*h without the laugh track... so good

alnilam

without the laugh track its basically like catch 22 in show form

alnilam

yeah tbh I've only seen the first 4.5 and it's still good but less good by the 5th

alnilam

I never watched dragnet but i really like the parody dragnet guys in who shot mr burns part 2

alnilam

tao of lmao posted:

8 out of 10 cats is also very funny.

yeah but those last two just aren't funny at all

alnilam

my friend really wanted to show it to me and he showed me this episode where brian cranston the high school chem teacher somehow has gallons of hydrofluoric acid in his high school lab stockroom and i was like "ummm"

also he was really uncommunicative and a jerk to his partner guy in a way that made it hard for me to watch and i could see the conclusion of the HF acid thing coming a mile away so idk it just didn't wow me much

alnilam

i mean if you enjoy the show I'm glad for you i don't think it's wrong to enjoy the show but man I've had way too many people try to convince me that i should like it

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

would any of you who have seen the wire want to join me in looking down on all the philistines itt?

yeah it's really good

alnilam

I didn't like the The Office style interview cuts, but then again i don't care for shows like The Office either

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

I like the wire because I'm sophisticated

me tpp

ty manifisto

alnilam

let's form a club, called people who are cool and sophisticated befcause they watcht the wire

ty manifisto

alnilam

"You just don't know what it's like out there, on the streets, you don't know what growing up around gangs does to someone, you don't know what it means to get shot at on the way to school just because of the block you live on, you can't understand what it's like to be afraid instead of relieved every time a cop rolls around just because you're a black man who lives near the big H spot... i know, because I watched the wire."

ty manifisto

alnilam

tao of lmao posted:

Get this: i've never seen the wire and get this also: i don't want to :smug:

mods??!

alnilam

I haven't seen it but maybe you were just sleepy??

alnilam

me seeing tao of lmao asleep during better call saul: "aww the little tyke is all tuckered out :3:"

alnilam

did anyone bring up the wire yet? It's a really good show with excellent characters

alnilam

tao of lmao posted:

I kinda wanted to avoid Game of Thrones discussion ITT, but this season was really good. Much better than season 5 and probably season 4 too.

Yeah the big battle this season was gruesome and gritty af in a chilling way, it stuck with me

When fiction depicting violence goes out of its way to make viewers walk away saying "wow drat... violence really bites" instead of "haha coool violence yeah!" I think it's a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

vice principals is really loving funny if danny mcbride is your thing

mcbride sounds like a name you'd make up in a panic while trying to pretend you're married

so what's your wife's name?

uhhh, wifey mcbride

• Locked thread