Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
g0lbez

and then you'll beg
i just started this game up yesterday and just now beat it (completely broke it) with everyone recruited except gau. remember when this game was like an epic multi month long adventure, wtf happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez

and then you'll beg
i wasn't even trying to break it, i just played it normally and before i knew it on hour 18 terra had an atma weapon and illumina and is doing 15000 damage a turn

El Generico

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
speeding through it on an emulator?

g0lbez

and then you'll beg
no i was just playing it on the wii vc

Afro Doug

it's pretty crazy that something thats got " final" in the name has got so many sequels. can i get an amen here? hell yeah. i'm glad i was the first one to come up with that joke.

g0lbez

and then you'll beg
i mean i like the game and all but it's like right when you're getting into the groove of things and you got a good party setup it's like completely over, nothing left to do. there's not even any superbosses!!

LordVonEarlDuke

thats weird by reputation i thought all these things lasted 69 hours
I have never played a Final Fantay game

LordVonEarlDuke

final fancyboys

g0lbez

and then you'll beg

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

thats weird by reputation i thought all these things lasted 69 hours
I have never played a Final Fantay game

normally they do last awhile but if you've played it before it's all just a matter of knowing "talk to this person" or "goto this event" to trigger flags and such as opposed to being an adventure. if you know exactly what flags to trigger at what time then most final fantasys can be beaten in like two or three days

g0lbez

and then you'll beg
they are also notoriously easy if you have the slightest idea of what you're doing

LordVonEarlDuke

fairly certain you will find the game where you trigger flags is "Skifree" for the Windows OS, op

Matoi Ryuko

Make character builds based around using the ring that turns people into imps or whatever.

Android Blues

for a true mind numbing challenge, do the cursed shield thing

g0lbez

and then you'll beg

Android Blues posted:

for a true mind numbing challenge, do the cursed shield thing

it's like... if i do that and turn the cursed shield into a paladin shield or whatever wtf do i get to use it with? by the time i uncurse it by fighting 256 battles i'll be level 99 and nothing can touch me anyway

g0lbez

and then you'll beg
i'm level 45 and nothing can touch me as it is!!!

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
in FF6 the battle speed makes enemies act faster, but not you. So it's basically a difficulty setting.

FF6 is very easy anyway

If you play the GBA version, there's a high level endgame dungeon available. Also the translation is better.

The GBA music is worse but you can fix it with a romhack patch

treasure bear

need a boss like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTR6cTOG1JQ

12,000,000 hp

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

the best final fantasy is pokemon

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Mazreal

adjusts monocle
ff6 has a sequel you could try

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
you could do chrono trigger, it's not very difficult either but at least it has multiple endings

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

I like to think that canonically every character dies except Edgar Celes and Setzer (and Terra who returns just for the ending) because even if it means skipping 90% of the WOR content it makes the game darker and more interesting (also a lot harder)

scott zoloft

yeah same
i stole cyan's nudie mags from his chest

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
final fantasy 69 ...you finally get to 69

g0lbez

and then you'll beg

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I like to think that canonically every character dies except Edgar Celes and Setzer (and Terra who returns just for the ending) because even if it means skipping 90% of the WOR content it makes the game darker and more interesting (also a lot harder)

neat, i might try that next time

bean mom

I muchly prefer the Final Fantasy that OP was in

----------------

Savage For The Winjun

imagine if they remade this game but with next gen graphics but they released the content episodically lol what a joke that would be!

bean mom

Twilight Matrix posted:

imagine if they remade this game but with next gen graphics but they released the content episodically lol what a joke that would be!

that's a horrific dystopia you describe

----------------

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the joke would be our lives

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

i was playing FF6 on my SNES in 6th grade fighting poo poo in the wasteland where gau is or whatever and all of a sudden my cartridge LITERALLY made a giant "clunk" sound, all my graphics glitched, general leo was on my team, and i ran away cause i was scared.

all my items had been turned to dirks with an item amount of 0 and i could sell them through 999 like 5 times each before they would stop on 256 or whatever

also i had like 90 of the exp doubler item

made the game very easy from that point on :v:

Android Blues

play a hardcore run where if someone dies you have to stop using them and also you have to imagine you're talking to their ghost in the cutscenes

Android Blues

this is both emotionally and mechanically difficult

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

Android Blues posted:

this is both emotionally and mechanically difficult

as a child i found the intro to final fantasy 4 frightening

bean mom

December Octopodes posted:

as a child i found the intro to final fantasy 4 frightening

The whole game is really emotional and features so many hosed up moments.

The whole Calbrena segment was intense as hell when i was little.

----------------

Vulture Culture

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Quidnose posted:

i was playing FF6 on my SNES in 6th grade fighting poo poo in the wasteland where gau is or whatever and all of a sudden my cartridge LITERALLY made a giant "clunk" sound, all my graphics glitched, general leo was on my team, and i ran away cause i was scared.

all my items had been turned to dirks with an item amount of 0 and i could sell them through 999 like 5 times each before they would stop on 256 or whatever

also i had like 90 of the exp doubler item

made the game very easy from that point on :v:
also happens if you sketch an invisible enemy

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I was 16 our 17 when out came out and it was the first jrpg I ever played

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
my neighbors had sega so i also got to play phantasy star 1, 2 & 3

mieu and wren were great characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
did you skip gau on purpose

• Locked thread