Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm enjoying the new difficulty mode, I forget the name but NG++ basically. Revenants drop divine gear with plus values, usually around +8 or above, which is very helpful for soul matching my stuff up. Downside, Revenants are now the hardest enemies around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^ Demon. NG is WotSamurai, NG+ is WotStrong, NG++ is WotDemon, presumably DLC2 will unlock something like WotYokai and the last one is usually WotNioh.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think that's secret for all the L1 timing parries. It definitely is for the odachi.

*SIGH* I was afraid of that. I've probably just been loving up parries in general since Nioh 1 and just thought they sucked so I never used them :negative:

e:
OH poo poo

Team Ninja posted:

Nioh 2 update 1.13 patch notes

Adjustment
  • Increased the drop rate of sacred weapons in the “Emaki Mission” of “Sura no Yumeji” and “Hyakki Yayuki Emaki/Shura”
  • Adjusted the enemy’s physical strength and increased the enemy’s attack power when playing Tokuyo accompanied by 3 players
    *When played by 2 people, there is no change from Ver 1.12.
  • Adjusted the physical strength of the following bosses in “Shura no Yumeji”
    Sickle weasel
    Princess Nagabe
  • Adjusted the damage when hitting a weak point in “Shura no Yumeji”
  • Decreased the number of enemies appearing at the same time, enemy species, and timing in some “Emaki missions”
  • Changed to be able to get “Hyakuya no Kaori” with a certain probability if you can not get a picture scroll when you participate as a guest in the “Emaki Mission”
  • Adjusted the damage increase amount in the 1-2 stage of special effect “multi-talented and versatile”, and adjusted the damage increase amount in the 4-9 stage upward
  • The following adjustments have been made for the “prepared stick”
    Adjusted the homing of the martial arts “Olymaki”
    Adjusted the knockback so that it is easier to hit consecutively when using the martial arts “Sweeping Judge”
    Adjusted the damage of the martial arts “Sweeping Judge”
    When using the martial arts “Touhou Soumei”, extend the timing for deriving derivative works
    Adjusted knockback so that the martial arts “Ssanryu Ranbu” can easily hit the enemy
    Adjusted knockback so that the martial arts “Bounce Fishing Bottle” can easily hit the enemy
    Adjusted the homing and attack occurrence of the martial arts “Bounce Fishing Bottle”
    Adjusted so that the martial arts “Kozukiki” can easily hit the enemy
    Adjusted the damage and attack occurrence of the martial arts “Side Attack”
    Adjusted the power of the martial arts “Shibagiri” upward, adjusted the energy damage downward
    Adjusted the forward distance of the martial arts “Shibaragi 2” and the damage when just input was successful
    Adjusted the martial arts “Ryukai” to make it easier to hit the enemy, and adjusted the damage upward
    Adjusted to quickly generate an attack when you receive an enemy attack with the martial arts “Kotei”
    Adjusted the forward distance so that it is easier to catch the enemy’s attack with the martial arts “small hand stop”
    Adjusted the martial arts “Kokukuki” damage and energy damage upward. Reduces rigidity after attack
    Adjusted the damage of martial arts “Kasashita”
    Adjusted the energy damage of normal attacks upward
    Increased the damage of strong attacks in the middle row
    Adjusted the damage and advance amount of the fast attack in the lower row upward
Bug fixes
  • Fixed a bug that the player may reposition unnaturally at the end of the action of the training crawling martial arts “Ryubanki”
  • Fixed a bug that the martial arts did not appear when performing a specific action when using the training crawling martial arts “Ssanryu Ranbu”
  • Fixed a bug that the way to reduce energy was different from the expected when using the training skill “Ssanryu Ranbu”
  • Fixed a bug that you can cancel before the attack power increase effect is added when using the training skill “Ssanryu Ranbu 2”
  • Fixed a bug that the shock wave of the Yokai weapon’s demon activation state may not occur when using a strong attack after avoiding with a charging shank
  • Fixed a bug that the number of hits did not increase when using the training cue martial arts “Tourou Feng Shuange” “Kotei” with the mystery “Circle continuous method” set
  • Fixed a bug that some attacks may not hit when using the training crawling martial arts “Ryoranki” with the mystery “dragon snake crawling method” set when equipped with a training crawler
  • Fixed a bug that the hit timing of some attacks of the training martial arts “Ryoranki” was different from the appearance
  • Fixed a bug that the secret mystery is wrong with the fast attack of the middle and upper tiers
  • Fixed a bug where Zanshin could not be activated when the martial arts “Houmei Sword” was activated by pressing and holding the button.
  • Fixed a bug that the martial arts customization skill of “Zanshin When” was lost when loading save data.
  • Fixed a bug that parrying martial arts would be established against the martial arts of the “Career” used by the enemy
  • Fixed a bug that “Blue Dragon” does not move up and down even if the player moves in a place where there is a difference in height while the guardian spirit “Blue Dragon” is active
  • Fixed a bug in which “Blue Dragon” may follow different players when calling the guardian spirit of “Blue Dragon” in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a bug that damage caused to the enemy is reduced if you perform another action such as moving after activating the following Yokai technique
    Warrior
    Night sword god
    Daedalaboch
    Tree spirit
  • Corrected the position of the Ushiwaka Senki’s main mission “Arashi Calm Whistle” so that you can get items placed in places that you can not get
  • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi Calm Whistle” that caused the boss to be unable to progress when he died in the sea
  • Fixed a bug where Sukebit did not attack the boss in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi calm whistle”
  • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi calm whistle” that the boss might remain down in certain steps
  • Fixed a bug that an application error might occur when defeating the boss in the main mission “Hitoyokatsu no Hate” of Ushiwaka Senki
  • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki Submission “Beyond the White Blade” that could cause the boss to be unable to proceed while riding on the lantern
  • Fixed an issue where the attack on “Date Asamune” would not be hit if you started accompanying “Date Asamune” in the Ushiwaka Senki’s submission “Reishiishi no Hoshizoku”
  • Fixed a bug that the item of Sacred Rarity might be dropped due to the destruction of some enemies with “Shards of Difficulty”
  • Fixed a bug that when the initial weapon after “NEW GAME” is selected, the “heart” is actually raised even though “Spell+1” is displayed when “Career” is selected.
    *The parameters do not change even if Ver1.13 is applied. If you use the Rokudou Rinsho, the original parameter increase will be reflected.
  • Fixed a bug that “Built-in” can be obtained in Garakuta City when the additional content “Ushiwaka Senki” is not applied.
    * If you save data without applying the additional content “Ushiwaka Senki”, all the prepared sticks acquired in Garakuta City will be lost.
  • Fixed a bug that the special effect of equipment sold in “Kiraku no Garakuta City” of “Shura no Yumeji” changes when going in and out of “Kiraku no Garakuta City”
  • Fixed a bug that illegal characters were added to the end of “Picture scroll discoverer” in “Hyakki Yayuki picture scroll”
  • Fixed a bug that the “Grace” special effect is not added to the following spear weapons
    Bi 々 Luo Mu no Eight Searching Spears
    Swan spear
  • Fixed a bug that illegal effects are displayed in “Effect icon list”
  • Fixed a bug that the special effect of “Grace” cannot be filtered
Other minor bugs fixed

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 7, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Someone translated the notes

Overall very good changes. Some nerfs to harder DotD and demon scrolls while also having badly needed buffs to the splitstaff.

Now the splitstaff is actually a good weapon. It's pretty funny looking back that some moves just didn't work or were half implemented. Ebb and Flow would just not have the extended staff portions, making the ranged on iy pathetic and super easy to whiff unless you were right next to the enemy. Also the Law of Largesse mystic art just not applying was pretty :psyduck:.

I wonder if they will do another tuning pass. The ki costs are still a little too high, especially compared to the spear or switchglaive. Those also have the benefit of having shorter animations. They could either increase the damage slightly or reduce the ki costs a bit. Or at least let you dodge cancel out of moves you extend.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goddamn the splitstaff is so much fun. I don’t think I can use any other weapon now.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I wasn't convinced after seeing it for the first time in the trailer, but after actually playing with it for a while they did a really good job strapping tonfa onto kusarigama chains and tying them to each end of a spear. I really appreciate that they distributed the moves in a way that you can have everything equipped at once, it always bummed me out when two or more good moves were locked to the same button/stance so you had to pick one.

Cleared my first scroll last night and only afterwards noticed that I did so on attempt 6/7, oops. If I had gone past 7 does it just kick me out of scroll world and junk the item? Are the scroll properties any different based on the number of attempts it takes? It would be cool, but also infuriating, if that were the case...

Oh holy poo poo is that what "prepared stick" is? I thought that was some kind of new mission or game type :xd:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 8, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Takes No Damage posted:

Cleared my first scroll last night and only afterwards noticed that I did so on attempt 6/7, oops. If I had gone past 7 does it just kick me out of scroll world and junk the item? Are the scroll properties any different based on the number of attempts it takes? It would be cool, but also infuriating, if that were the case...

It starts at 7/7 or 5/5 or whatever. Every successful attempt reduces the charge by 1. The first one gives you the 2 random rolls. Every win after that let's you roll 1 mod. There is only 1 new mod to pick from though, not 3 like when you temper something. Of course you can choose not to change any affix though. If you somehow burn all your charges and still don't have any mods you like, you can add more by feeding it incense.

Then there's also scroll transference which is basically soul matching for scrolls. Makes the base scroll the same level as whatever you feed it. Both have to be identified ie you have to complete them at least once. It resets both of the mods you have rolled on it though. I assume this is because some of the random mods are restricted to higher levels. Or maybe it's just another way to max out your scroll charge attempts in case you burned through all of them and it still has terrible rolls.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 8, 2020

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I am just terrible at these early game main mission bosses. They are all taking me hour or 2 to beat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hatchet throws are a lot better than people are giving them credit for, especially with the mystic art that removes damage falloff at range. I'm about a third of the way through NG+ with gear between +4 and +5, and I'm routinely getting over five thousand damage on fully charged high stance throws against anything big enough to get hit twice. That's insane for an infinitely reusable ranged attack, and means I have way more damage uptime in fights.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

high stance throw does a ton of damage especially since you can get easy headshots

the boss skill does a lot of damage to big enemies and is extremely good at applying status effects

running throw is the cheesiest poo poo in the game if you just want an enemy dead

backwards dodge throw is pretty good too but I've always found the sheathed skills really finicky to use

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Hatchet throws are a lot better than people are giving them credit for, especially with the mystic art that removes damage falloff at range. I'm about a third of the way through NG+ with gear between +4 and +5, and I'm routinely getting over five thousand damage on fully charged high stance throws against anything big enough to get hit twice. That's insane for an infinitely reusable ranged attack, and means I have way more damage uptime in fights.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

high stance throw does a ton of damage especially since you can get easy headshots
the boss skill does a lot of damage to big enemies and is extremely good at applying status effects
running throw is the cheesiest poo poo in the game if you just want an enemy dead
backwards dodge throw is pretty good too but I've always found the sheathed skills really finicky to use

I had a charged throw build for a while but I found Advancing Storm to crank out more damage, it's faster and it's almost never interrupted. The mobility is also useful as you can dodge quite a few attacks. Also it's impossible to dodge off a bridge or cliff using this, you will hit an invisible wall. I'm not sure how to get headshots with the skill, I pretty much only crit on prone cyclops eyes or ubume babies.

Here is a video of my absolutely terrible but still victorious fight against Minamoto no Yoshitsune in Bond of the Blade on Way of the Demon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUgYKbmsJu8

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Calidus posted:

I am just terrible at these early game main mission bosses. They are all taking me hour or 2 to beat.

If it makes you feel better, this is normal for Nioh. The hardest boss in the first game for lots of people was the second main mission boss, and Enenra in Nioh 2 killed me more than any other boss so far (I'm now in the fifth region).

Aside from the weird nuances to the combat that you have to learn, it's way more of a gear and character abilities game than (say) Souls is; getting a "build" going is a big deal, and you really don't have the options to do that in the first region.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Calidus posted:

Remember to use magic, ninjutsu, and especially your demon attacks - they're all extremely powerful. Inflicting a couple elemental debuffs or using a sloth talisman will make a boss much more manageable.

Just like with the l1 parries, you can't be moving.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Finally clicked today, I was just bad at ki management and was greedy about getting extra hits. I ripped through 3 bosses today much trouble. Getting 10 points in Dex and Magic helped. Poison is nice with Yatsu-no-Kami.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm not a big fan of the hatchet moveset but I still keep one equipped because the buff that increases your attack and move speed is great

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Took me a while but I'm finally on Way of the Nioh in 1. I'm hoping to take the rifle and turn it into the best weapon of all time even if the DPS will be worse considering some of the crazy poo poo I've already seen, like someone doing 50k off an iai slash.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So I did some testing between Unruly Revolution and Twin Phoenix moves for the Splitstaff, both of which seem pretty similar on the surface and are also assigned to L1 + square.

Twin Phoenix outclasses Unruly Revolution in every single way except for damage. And even the damage part doesn't really matter since it's still poor. Twin Phoenix is better at applying debuffs(despite doing terrible damage), does more ki damage and the animation is shorter. The last part is pretty important to me since it means you can back off or simply not continue to part 2 and 3 of the combo if you are in a bad situation, while you are stuck twirling with Unruly Revolution.

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not a big fan of the hatchet moveset but I still keep one equipped because the buff that increases your attack and move speed is great

Ya it's probably the best self buff in the game. Meanwhile the sheathed move is hot trash since you can't ki pulse into it.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Is it just me or are ranged soul cores just better than the melee ones? The animations a number of them seem really hard to use in boss fights without taking damage.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Calidus posted:

Is it just me or are ranged soul cores just better than the melee ones? The animations a number of them seem really hard to use in boss fights without taking damage.

Since you don't get any 'i-frames' while using them, you really have to wait for a good opening to avoid eating lots of hits with stuff like the scampuss roll or the cyclopse twirl. However as you would expect the short range moves tend to do more damage if you can land them well. Wait until something is out of ki then unload with something like that to get them stunlocked. That and be spamming those attacks in general; it took me a long time to learn that any time my Anima (purple bar) was full I was just wasting points.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

always be using the flaming top

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Kasha soul core is so good it might as well be another NPC ally

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

It's especially good if you have anything that restores health when you absorb Amrita or hit someone with a yokai ability, because it hits so many times.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

On last beginner question, you drained all the ki from a Yokai how do you get them to consistently fall over? It feels really random.

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
You have to reduce their ki cap to 0 too. It's easier if you lower their bar with some ki-damaging or yokai attacks before you break their crystals or horn or whatever.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Some of the weaker ones like Gaki and Skeletons also just fall over at 0 ki because they're less threatening. This excludes the big versions.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

always be using the flaming top

WaltherFeng posted:

Hah, yeah I almost specifically called out Kasha. I try to use soul cores that match my spirit buddy type just for variety, but she's always in the mix whenever I'm Feral type:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctp1M-FBl8g

Something else I forgot to mention in melee soul core chat, if you join the clan that gives you a shield whenever you clear a yokai pool, you can use that to tank a few hits while you set one of those moves off. I really can't imagine using any other clan buff anymore, everything else just pales in comparison to constant, if brief, bouts of godmode.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
you can convert soul cores to the other colors so you can have whatever whenever. I think this is one of the things the Mortal ones do although I might be remembering wrong

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe that's correct, upgrading with a Mortal core will let you either select your desired color or give you the option to flip it to the Mortal's color if they are different. I've never bothered because yeah there's that skill that gives you like -10% cost on core skills that match your current animal friend, but I've found that you gain Anima quickly enough from regular combat that it isn't worth worrying about. Worst case eat a flower or better yet summon a herd of cats if you want to get your core-spam on for a particular fight.

I'm sure there's an Anima build out there somewhere where you stack a bunch of Anima+ gear and basically use your core skills as regular attacks all the time. I wonder what the best combination of cores would be for that? With 2 guardians you could have access to up to 6 cores...

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
the Yoki soul core hits like a truck and one of the recent patches made it so it'll do the second part of the attack even if the first doesn't hit which helps it A Lot. get a +Yokai Ability Damage on it and you got a stew cooking. The stew is defeated enemies.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Takes No Damage posted:

Something else I forgot to mention in melee soul core chat, if you join the clan that gives you a shield whenever you clear a yokai pool, you can use that to tank a few hits while you set one of those moves off. I really can't imagine using any other clan buff anymore, everything else just pales in comparison to constant, if brief, bouts of godmode.

Nice username/clan choice combination there. I love this clan, I am thinking about going back to it, with barrier or demon dance it's like a free 3k hp shield when someone drops a pool. It may be better for DPS than the damage clans because you can just keep combos and channels going. And also, you know, not dying is a pretty good DPS increase.

Has anyone used the life drain clans? I have an insane water build (finally got a +saturated melee yak) and curious if the A life drain and +13% water damage is worth it.

emdash posted:

you can convert soul cores to the other colors so you can have whatever whenever. I think this is one of the things the Mortal ones do although I might be remembering wrong

PSA: The Brothers' Blades is like a 30 second run to the boss who almost always drops a mortal soul core.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Takes No Damage posted:

I believe that's correct, upgrading with a Mortal core will let you either select your desired color or give you the option to flip it to the Mortal's color if they are different. I've never bothered because yeah there's that skill that gives you like -10% cost on core skills that match your current animal friend, but I've found that you gain Anima quickly enough from regular combat that it isn't worth worrying about.

You should go ahead and bother! 10% refund on anima cost is nothing to sneeze at. Even if you don't use abilities for damage that's 10% more nuppeppo/yamamma uptime.

If you have the same type but different elements on your spirits (e.g. feral-fire and feral-lighting) you get another +5% bonus on that type (+5% feral yokai ability damage). Some spirits also give around +%15 spirit-type yokai ability damage. Really all you need for an anima build after that is cores focused on anima gain with +16% yokai ability damage as well if possible.

I use Uminyudo, applies water+electric, great AE damage, tracks, your ki will recharge while it's running so you can combo with it. Only issue is you better have a good life drain on yokai ability because it's a long animation with no invulnerability.

Otakemaru and Kasha are what most people use. Otake you can act (heal, buff, attack) while its ongoing, does decent damage, and helps apply all elemental statuses. It's just not great against anything smaller than a garden shed. Kasha is outstanding, great damage, great at applying scorch, has great core abilities, but remember when you played that game with the top and sometimes it knocks down all the pins and sometimes it just goes and spins in the corner?

Magatsu Warrior is an amazing ki breaker and is super good at applying imbued elements (like +50 poison on snake spirit). I haven't used Ippon-Datara but it's supposed to be so fast it's practically a combo extender. Ryomen Sukkuna is also supposed to be good with an omnyo build. People that do damage builds are saying Oni cores are how you crank out DPS, never tried it but they are great cores to fill in with low-attunement pets like Atlas Bear.

I use Lesser Umi-Boz for my last core, you can equip Itokuri with 3 +"soul core drop rate on yokai shift" cores, go into Abduction, and kill all 4 umi in the zone with the new ninja fire blast before Ito yokai shift runs out. Reset, use a couple soul stones, repeat. Same with Viper's Sanctum and Toxic Slimes.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Araganzar posted:

You should go ahead and bother! 10% refund on anima cost is nothing to sneeze at. Even if you don't use abilities for damage that's 10% more nuppeppo/yamamma uptime.

Hm fair, I didn't consider skills that drain your meter the longer they're active like scampuss or wheelmonks, stacking regen and getting that color bonus is probably pretty noticeable there.

Araganzar posted:

I haven't used Ippon-Datara but it's supposed to be so fast it's practically a combo extender. Ryomen Sukkuna is also supposed to be good with an omnyo build. People that do damage builds are saying Oni cores are how you crank out DPS, never tried it but they are great cores to fill in with low-attunement pets like Atlas Bear.

Datara is another one of my mainstays for Brute, and it does come out really fast so you can easily use it as a combo finisher or to try and interrupt enemies. It's flame-type, and when you use it in the dark realm it leaves a pool of fire on the ground for a few seconds which can just eat up something that isn't moving. Oni probably does good DPS but it's also one that got me killed a lot trying to use it, would be a good one to test with the strat of using it just after clearing a pool to get the shield up.

Araganzar posted:

I use Lesser Umi-Boz for my last core, you can equip Itokuri with 3 +"soul core drop rate on yokai shift" cores, go into Abduction, and kill all 4 umi in the zone with the new ninja fire blast before Ito yokai shift runs out. Reset, use a couple soul stones, repeat. Same with Viper's Sanctum and Toxic Slimes.

Don't sleep on the elemental lost soul guys either. They're cheap to both equip and use, and not only does their attack shoot the associated element, it applies that element to your weapon. They're basically combo recharging <element> shot + <element> talismans. If you already have an elemental weapon of a different type this makes it super easy to quickly apply both and get discord up.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Huh, didn't know that hatchets in Nioh have gigantic heads on short, stubby handles because they're based on a real weapon that actually looked like that. I thought it was just artistic licence.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is there some sort of trick to Lady Osakabe that I'm missing? It took me two deaths to even figure out that you're supposed to just melee the tentacle stalks from the roof, because I was afraid of falling off the roof, because it's a thing you can fall off in a Nioh game (the games where you constantly die from falling).

This is maybe my least favorite boss fight in any Souls game, including the lovely last boss of the first one, which this is clearly a redux of.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Baku posted:

Is there some sort of trick to Lady Osakabe that I'm missing? It took me two deaths to even figure out that you're supposed to just melee the tentacle stalks from the roof, because I was afraid of falling off the roof, because it's a thing you can fall off in a Nioh game (the games where you constantly die from falling).

This is maybe my least favorite boss fight in any Souls game, including the lovely last boss of the first one, which this is clearly a redux of.

Back up a tiny bit, shoot her eye when it opens with hand cannon then rifle. Projectiles can't hit you, I think the lasers can but you can block those.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Back up a tiny bit, shoot her eye when it opens with hand cannon then rifle. Projectiles can't hit you, I think the lasers can but you can block those.

Jesus Christ you're a saint, I didn't even try just shooting the eye and ignoring the actual fight mechanic lol

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Also, use daoji-jin sake to prevent all the elemental debuffs she can do to you.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Baku posted:

Jesus Christ you're a saint, I didn't even try just shooting the eye and ignoring the actual fight mechanic lol

Me neither, and I've been getting my rear end kicked by a L300 version on Demon Scroll. This changes everything.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Saito is really annoying. I steam rolled 3 bosses in a row on my first or second attempt, then I die 15 times to this stupid mage.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Calidus posted:

Saito is really annoying. I steam rolled 3 bosses in a row on my first or second attempt, then I die 15 times to this stupid mage.

Someone mentioned this to me in a discord the other day, but groundfire traps work well against human bosses. As long as he's walking over it and not performing a move with armor attached (he's got a thrusting attack that fits the bill so mind your spacing), it should pop him into the air for an easy final blow regardless of whether or not he has the projectile reflection up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
You can also copy all his buffs for yourself with the mujina yokai ability.