Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So it's interesting. The combat system is very Team Ninja, there's a lot to like with comboing stances and evasions and the Ki Pulse system is a neat thing. The atmosphere is somewhat less impressive but it's hardly a point against. I think what is a point against is that with its lethality, wanting to play Dark Souls tricks, guys in blind corners, dick archer moments, that kind of thing, is maybe a bad call. The bosses were cool but I'm not sure even within the two of them that there was enough to recommend a full game out of. Definitely a game I'll keep an eye on but less impressed than I was hopeful for from a couple E3s ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Meanwhile, in Souls-ish news, Lords of the Fallen studio is trying again with The Surge and it looks, not terrible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr6Ah1pHM_8

I'm still wary about some of the stuff in that video and Nioh will probably come out better but I won't begrudge people trying to get in on that action, since the mechanics are what really draw me to Souls. Nioh has pretty much already sold me, I just need to see some more of it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That was one of the neatest parts of their combat system, what the hell.