Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

lets hang out posted:

They randomly want a blue, yellow, or red gesture, you get two chances to guess right. The first one in the caves has a dev bloodstain next to it whose killed by: message gives one of the wrong choices.

I thought it was determined by the colour of their eyes?

Also, is there more than one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Wow this cave really is a "the real enemy is the camera" level isn't it.

e: also grab attacks in Souls games are still complete bullshit

That, and bats

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Man, the twilight version of that mission does not pull any punches.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Pretty much got the twilight boss down perfectly, you can hug her except for the jump (dodge when she is the highest). Co-op helping now

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Belzac posted:

In Twilight she does.

Does she? Do you mean the berserk-6-or-7-slashes? Because just hugging her makes those miss.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

Also in Twilight some revenants spawn by themselves if you get close. Never figured out how/why.

There is something playing an instrument, kill it before they summon the revenants.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

For anyone who is wondering about the length of the DLC, at one point in the video they showed the map, and there seem to be 3 main missions and 6 side missions.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the first new main story level. Really annoying gimmick that wasn't fun in DS3 and isn't fun here, combined with lackluster visuals.

Also, holy crap (new enemy spoilers) ninja dogs!

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

For those of you in the alpha, there is an easy way to apply statuses to enemies: Use the Ninjitsu technique that poisons your weapons or gives it other status effects, and then use the fire tornado (Enenra Soul Core) to put a status effect on basically whatever you want. As a bonus, this is perfect for Ninjitsu skill training!

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Arist posted:

How do you expand your inventory shortcuts? I know in 1 you used Patronage at the blacksmith but so far there doesn't seem to be an equivalent system.

I think I just saw it somewhere in the options menu

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Is it me or is the dlc on Way of the Samurai more difficult than region one on Way of the Strong?

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Whelp, just got my Yasakani Magatama on my second try doing the abduction mission farming, and even with an untouched onmyo modifier.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Heavy attack it

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Ok, that 'Against all comers' side mission sure is something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I just beat Tokichiro for the first time and I still don't quite get magic.

Mainly I use a protection talisman and whatever weapon talisman is strong against the boss I'm fighting (pretty much lightning). I tried using the elemental shot spells, but they seem pretty trash compared to the ninjutsu elemental shadow arts - is that intended?

Also, is there any value in using low stance with the switchglaive? I've only been using it to dodge, and when I forget to switch out the damage is so poor compared to mid or high.

IIRC, if you really go for a magic build, the elemental shots can be quite good, both for general encouters and bosses .
Low stance switchglaive is a good way to apply status effects to enemies after coating your weapon in it.