Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Well for one I hate the buzzing sound lightning makes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I had lots of trouble with Hino Enma on my first save file. Then I started a second fresh save and decimated her with Lightning Talismans, Living Weapon and some Kunais.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

UmiBozu is a dick just because it has tons of HP but those fire masks wreck it and its second form is a pushover

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

This not really a spoiler so:

In NG+ you can coop even stages you haven't beaten. Highly recommended, it's super fun

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I challenge people to post their best samurai fashion

https://mobile.twitter.com/wlthrfeng/status/851851467300491266

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The Pirate Captain posted:

Can someone please explain how leveling up divine gear works? I'm 20 hours into way of the strong and I still don't get it. I had thought you could match things if they were the same level or higher, but I have a ton of lvl 150 divine weapons that won't match with anything except the one 150+3 sword that I managed to find. I have some +1 and +2 stuff but none of the lower items want to match with it. Same with gear, I've been able to match some armor up to +1, but my main set of Red Demon (150) won't match with anything regardless of whether it's +1 or just base. For that matter, neither will any of my other armor. Do you need to match with something higher level? Like, can base 150 only match with +1? And if that's the case, how come most of my base stuff won't match with anything? And how am I supposed to get to +10 or whatever if nothing higher than +3 drops for me? This is so confusing.

Short version:

1 + 0 = +1 (Or was it 2 + 0 = 1? I forget)

1 + 1 = +2

2 + 2 = +3

3 + 3 = +4

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

gently caress I've seemingly completed every mission in the Chugoku region on NG+ but my progress bar for the area is still incomplete? I didn't unlock any new Dojos either. Is it a glitch because we completed them in Torii gate coop first?

Argh

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

JBP posted:

Nah do some other poo poo. I didn't get the dojos in some regions so I wasn't at 100%. It seemed weird and random so just keep finishing missions (unless you've finished every mission then idk). It's definitely got something to do with finishing the Demon King Revealed though, because that's when I was allowed into a bunch of dojos.

I'll try finishing the rest of NG+ then and see what happens. Cheers

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

When do I start getting the co-op items? It's been a few hours and nothing yet. I was told the player invaders drop them but all they've given me is (pretty good) loot.

Revenants do drop Ochoko cups. You can also join someone's game and get Ochokos as a reward.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Somewhere down the line developers knew fighting 2 Onyudo at the same time is bullshit so they the player instant cast Onmyo and Living Weapons.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGKscGPGN5E

Well gently caress

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Snak posted:

I haven't bothered fighting amrita fiends in forever. Perks of being Onmyo build.

This particular Oni was powered by a Amrita spike in the basement so it was invulnerable to overdosing and regens health every second making a bitch compared to the rest

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Snak posted:

Valid in general. What mission was this? I know in the regular Iga Escape that one can be made vulnerable right away...

Iga Escape on NG+ has Onis that can't be be overcharged because of the Amrita spikes, as far as I know because I could not get it to work.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I made a set of Genius Strategist garbs and now I'm Just Guarding all day long and doing the super cool Backwave-Tempest counter move

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Nioh has a cool NG+ and stuff but the way loot works makes NG seem like a pointless tutorial.

Like nothing matters aside from collecting the unique locks and some rare items like resurrection scrolls.

It's a bit of a bummer if some reason you want to have multiple characters.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

There are people who thought durability was good. :psyduck:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

That would be the eboshi from the three Onmyo Mage sets. The one you can forge at the Blacksmith is the Onmyo Mage's Joi, and yes, it does stack with the Awakening Mystic Art. I use it in my Onmyo build, and you can get an impression of the casting speed from my Crusher videos.

I've clearly been lied to. I need to equip the hat again for machinegun spells.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The Samurai do run out of Ki especially if you use kicks and other Ki draining attacks (Get Sword Ki skill, it's fantastic) Lifeseal Talismans prevent them from recovering Ki so you can wreck their poo poo.

It isn't that they are overtuned, Muneshige Tachibana just happens to be arguably the hardest of them all (The game even outright states that he is the greatest samurai in western Japan) Later fights are much easier.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 25, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

JBP posted:

How do you fight with a fuckin axe? I build a decent set of heavy armour and an axe and I just get wrecked. Is there a trick to it or do you just have to eat hits?

First check your weight and then your Toughness stat. If your toughness is less than 200, stay below 70% weight. At 200 Toughness you do not flinch from regular attacks easily.

I finally found my preferred set of Onmyo magic that puts me nicely at 40 capacity.

-Lifeseal (Can be substituted for whatever if needed)
-Shockwave (I love styling with this and Flux)
-Kekkai (Auto purges Yokai Realms)
-Earth Shot
-Guardian Spirit

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 29, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Incidentally, what is that 'default' outfit that William wears in the gallery and elsewhere? The black and red one?

You mean the veteran set? That's what I use, screw the Youngblood set

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 2, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

There are important choices to be made here:

Okatsu or Lady Ginchiyo?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

According to my friend they nerfed Haze so it no longer deals 100% ki damage on hit.

Man, I have relearn how to fight with katanas. Thankfully backwave is still a guaranteed killing strike

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

Odachi are in the base game, but you might to have to kill a revenant using one to access them without starting a new game or opening the DLC. The new weapon is a ton of fun - although it's difficult to tell how much of that is the moveset and how much is the "tiny girl using sword four times her height" factor. :v:

Anyone put some actual effort into Path of the Demon? Does it make my Strong equipment redundant?

Apparently the first mission in WotD is +10 divine drops so yeah. Plus there's a new reforging item for divine abilities

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I like to Lifeseal, Earth debuff and Kisplode Revenants. Plus Backwave owns them

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Since the DLC this game has turned into massive "Get the shinies and make numbers bigger" and I love it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Toughness also makes you stagger less from attacks

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Darth Nat posted:

I don't know if I've just gotten really bad at this game between beating the game and the DLC coming out, but I've found all the DLC bosses to be overwhelmingly difficult. Even the sub mission with the omyo mages is a nightmare. I thought I was going to beat them, but about threw my controller in rage when a new enemy spawned to replace the one I killed.

My advice is to ignore any subs you can't beat and concentrate on the main game. You can upgrade your gear and steamroll missions later. I didn't beat some of the normal missions until the end of NG+

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Path of Demon is pretty brutal. I have no problem using Onmyo and elementsl debuffs on everything I come across

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Magus42 posted:

But you can? The yokai illustration thing is in the menu.

Pretty sure you can't access Yokai info during missions. Probably due to loading issues

Edit: what he said. Though its probably used to cut down loading times

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

New patch dropping.

I, uh

:iiam:

Prevents exploits in pvp

Reduces the probability for enemy specific attack bonuses when reforging

Something something about titles

Adjusted the locations of Kodama in the dlc?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I went with Ginchiyo and doing the Odachi grapple attack is the funniest poo poo

If they introduce a Ninja weapon in the next DLC I could try Okatsu next

I switched to Honda clan because the 40% dmg reduction while at full HP is super good on WotD

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 21, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Played coop with my friend last night and a Kappa dropped +11 Odachi with Enemy Attacking and Enemy Electrified dmg ups, Lightning element and innate Weaken Melee.

Put that thing to good use right away. Also found my first Yasakani Magatama.

A fine Nioh to you

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 23, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Purple number status effect is ki damage right?

I'm pretty sure you are talking about Earth damage.

Ki damage is not presented by numbers.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Is there any info inside of the game about which elements interact with which?

I'm trying to not look up anything and only read from inside the game but I can't find anything about "wind is good vs fire but weak to earth" or anything like that.

I think

The only way to know for sure is to check Amrita memories > Yokai illustrations

There's no definitive elemental cycle. Just some repeating pattens but an enemy with obvious element might not be weak to anything at all (Or vice versa an enemy with no obvious element is weak to multiple)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Leaf Glide now grants ATK buff.

Can't wait to stack that with all the other dozen attack buffs :getin:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

KingShiro posted:

Oh yes, please nerf some of the most useful stuff in PvE to balance the tacked on PvP :bravo:

I think you criticism is misplaced when based on the patch notes there's a clear distinction with PVP and PVE updates

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

They buffed glory rewards for coop significantly. Makes it a lot easier to get those disguises

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

SMP posted:

I'm level 50 and just got to Kinki. Is it about time to respec? I don't think I messed up my build too badly at the start, but there's probably some wasted attrib points and samurai skills for weapons I don't use.

I would not respec until NG+. Your build makes very little difference at such low levels

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

My super optimal NG build would be 30 Magic, 20 Ninjutsu and Spirit as high as you need for passive Spirit bonuses and the rest in whatever stat your weapon uses.

20 Magic and 20 Dex is the bare minimum for important Dojo missions but I would not invest any further in Ninjutsu until way into NG+ because its super gear heavy. Onmyo doesn't require any gear to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I use Flux a lot so I just cycle through all my stances mid combo for near infinite Ki