Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So I picked this up, and finally beat the bat boss.

I have no idea what I am doing. I played some dark souls, but this has a ton more components, and I'm a little overwhelmed.

When should I be using what stances? Which ninjitsu and the other spell tree should I pick up? Any really good skills I should nab? How do I use gestures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Neurosis posted:

i use a sword and i'm finding by far the highest damage way to attack is to spam that move where you quickly rotate around your target with three quick slashes (i use that mystic art that gives higher damage from behind and it's still possible despite the movement to get the damage bonus on all three hits). it's at the point where it probably makes up 60% of my damage output in any given fight, particularly against big monsters. am i missing something else that's really great in the sword tree i'm not doing? all the other skills feel kinda underwhelming damage wise - probably the only ones i rely on are the parries with follow up hits, and obviously only against certain enemies.

Is that the move where you parry their swing, then jump behind them? I could never get the timing down on the parry.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, the Phoenix guardian spirit is broken. Just keep your gauge charged and it saves you so many times.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Just killed Kelly, but all the levels are now 150+. I’m level 107. Is there a quick way to level up postgame?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

RatHat posted:

You unlock them from completing main missions.

But you can't do some of them unless you have 10, 15 or 20 dex for ninja, magic for omyio, or weapon proficiency for melee.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Can pc players coop with ps4 ones?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Can Jin Hayabusa drop a divine dragon sword on way of the Samuari?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I have no idea how to do some of these fights with multiple bosses at once.

Return of the Gourd, i'm looking at you.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Way of the Nioh is kicking my rear end. Anyone have any tips? I’m in full Hayabusa and level 436.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
How can I paralyze enemies faster? I'm on WOTN, and my paralyze traps and medusa dust fade out before the debuff fills on mobs.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
How do I get izanagi's grace items? I have a zillion ethereal items, but none with that grace.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So I want to start rolling content. I've unlocked WOTN, beaten hundred eyes, and have been running the Hayabusa set with the dragon sword.

I am getting to the point where the abyss is kicking my rear end at level 37, can anyone recommend a build / weapon / armor set to use in order to crush all those before me? I checked youtube, but everything seems to be from a prior patch.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

RatHat posted:

You're already using the crush everything build.

Maybe I'm using the wrong skills. Should I be going Flowing Shadow or Iai Quickdraw? I've been going shadow since I can never get the timing on Iai down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Flowing Shadow everything into a fine paste.