Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bought Nioh for PC after considering getting the PS4 version for months. This game is awesome! The port though is super poor and low effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game is so loving hard but I am enjoying it a lot. Like Demon's Souls the difficulty feels fair.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Escape Iga mission made me feel very stupid. :downs:

"The ceiling! :saddowns: "

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 10, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I am nearing the end of the main storyline, do the DLC regions open up once you beat it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have actually had no issues with finding my way around in Nioh's levels. Which is hilarious because I get hopelessly lost in every single area in the Souls games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

I refuse to believe anyone can avoid getting lost in Iga Mansion. Especially that little bit near the boss.

Okay, Iga Mansion was the one exception, especially at the very beginning with the hidden door. I felt so stupid.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Nioh tonight, I really hope there is a sequel. This was a fantastic game that I absolutely love and I see myself continually playing it over again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaldaris posted:

The Worst Yokai In Nioh, a Comprehensive List

1. Raven Tengu
2. Wheelmonk
3. Wheelmonk
4. Wheelmonk
5. Wheelmonk

Thank You For Reading My Top Five List. Please Like, Comment, and Subscribe for More.

This is an accurate list in my opinion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

Well poo poo, is that what i've been doing this whole time? It's the same with High stance spear not hitting any yokai horns, but the sword's midstance animations catch it.

I seem to have a problem with the spiders, my spear straight up doesn't hit the glowy sac even though i'm clearly on it's side, hitting the drat thing.

This game has some weird hitbox issues

Okay good i'm not crazy, it's not just me. I wasn't sure if Nioh did in fact have super weird hitbox issues.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nioh 2! :neckbeard:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The internet was a mistake.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything about Nioh 2 coming to PC?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crowetron posted:

The first game didn't get ported until after all its DLC came out, and 2 seems to be following the same post release pattern so far.

I did notice DLC pack 2 is still incoming. So here is hoping for some news soon. :pray:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can VPN access unlock Nioh 2 early on Steam? I guess I'll find out right now and report back. :P

[edit]
The answer is no.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 4, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PC people have to wait a little bit longer, but yeah its playable on PS4/5 now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

Nioh 2 appears to be getting brigaded by people downvoting for 'no keyboard controls' and 'game capped at 120 fps'.

lol Steam users are incredibly dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

From what I can tell they aren't complaining that there aren't KBM controls, just that there aren't keyboard button prompts so they don't know what key to hit. Apparently there also isn't Xbox controller prompts either so you have to make due with Playstation ones. I can't confirm if any of this is true only what I'm seeing in the reviews.

If they are complaining about keyboard prompts, then okay that is legit. Xbox or PlayStation prompts appear depending on your controller, I am getting Xbox prompts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Update: Nioh 2 is really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So Nioh 2 has Sudama's again, but some of them are daemons, and you have to give them items, but if you give them the wrong kind of item they will shoot you with a lightning bolt that can instant kill you. :stare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On region 4 now, and this game is so much better than Nioh 1, and I loved that game a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished the storyline, now I have the DLC, and second difficulty to do. Game is a lot of fun, and the combat is great, but the story really overstays its welcome with overly long story missions, and fighting the same enemies over and over again, even near the end there is no variety other than the enemies are higher level and stats.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Level design in Nioh 2 is so much better cause it has way fewer rear end in a top hat traps.

The level design is so good in this game for so many different reasons. I love it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

Levels aren't amazing visually, but the variety is definitely better than in the first game, caves and castles got reeeeally copy/paste-y towards the end there...

patch 1.26 just dropped, I'm in the middle of a mission so I don't know what's in it but probably this:
https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/1362235639727419398?s=20

I've always felt like this game is really just Ninja Gaiden 4, and now I can pretend it really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Augus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7FqH_jrYFg

Wolong: Fallen Dynasty just revealed at the Xbox event, from Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja. They didnt show gameplay but it looks it’s basically gonna be Nioh but in a Romance of the Three Kingdoms setting. Early 2023, will be on Game Pass at launch.

This teaser looked awesome as gently caress.